Poll: What's your favorite setting for the next expansion?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What's your favorite setting for the next expansion?

Title says it all.

I tried to boil down the options to three major ones which seem possible / likely:

Dragon Isles / Dragons
    Underground & Caves / Black Empire
    Revamped Northrend / Scourge & Undead

What is your desired scenario?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Revamped old world with WQ everywhere not only new locations.
    Maybe I should have added this option too but an entirely revamped world seems so unlikely that I didn't even think about it. A Cataclysm 2.0 scenario for all zones? Yes please but I really don't expect this to happen at all.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Black Empire, doesn't need to be underground though. Just cover Azeroth in darkness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind seeing something to do with the dragons, they've kind of fallen off to the sidelines over the years. With the foreshadowing that's present in the game, I firmly believe we will see something to do with the Dragon Isles and Wrathion, although you could say the same about the Lich King.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Maybe I should have added this option too but an entirely revamped world seems so unlikely that I didn't even think about it. A Cataclysm 2.0 scenario for all zones? Yes please but I really don't expect this to happen at all.
    It would be the dream. Bellular suggested that it could be a real possibility when you look at the amount of reused assets in 8.2. If the majority of the development team is working on a task as monumental as revamping the entire world, it would make sense for them to not have as many resources to spare for the live game.

Black Empire would be fine, as BfA is some nightmare of a filler. Later we can get K'aresh.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Northrend and Underground/caves can be done in one expansion where they finallly make Azjol-Nerub its own zone. Dragon Isles is probably not big enough to warrant its own expansion as its supposed to be just a chain of smaller islands. Ideally I'd like to see them return to older zones (including Outland and Northrend) for massive revamps and add some new zones to it. Basically Cata 2.0 but trying to make it good. Maybe there can be an other side of Azeroth with a lot of unexplored zones for us to discover. Some other islands have yet to be added in game aswell (Balor, Hiji, Plunder Isle, Tel'Abim, Zul'Dare).

10+ Year Old Account
    An RTS called Warcraft 4
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That could be cool. Although...I could be remembering wrong here, but didn't some people from Blizzard state that they don't want to do another Cataclysm because redoing the old world was a ton of work? Not that I'd be against it personally, of course. I may be part of a minority here, but I actually liked how Cataclysm redid all the starting zones and such. I'm all for a dynamic world that changes based on what's going on. Although the other side to that is...Menethil Harbor people are still standing in knee-deep water with a ruined keep/town, several years after the Cataclysm happened. But I'm getting off topic here.

My only gripe there was that we had no way to visit the pre-Cataclysm world after that point (which is one reason I'm looking forward to Classic). But yeah, I wouldn't have any problem with a Cataclysm 2.0.

To be honest I'd like to see the other side of Azeroth capture some form of Wild West feel that was felt in Warcraft III that was lost when WoW went live, it also gives the Developers a lot of creative free room

5+ Year Old Account
    None of them.

Outland 2.0

OUTLAND 2.0

NOT. DRAENOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    None of them.

Outland 2.0

OUTLAND 2.0

NOT. DRAENOR.
    I put on my tinfoil hat not many weeks ago after the Safe Haven cinematic, what if Azeroth will indeed be under the reign of the Old Gods/Void Lords, and the inhabitants of Azeroth needs to rebuild their forces and find a new place to live on while preparing for taking Azeroth back. Sure, Outland is dying, but it could be the last days of the planet to ensure life on Azeroth will thrive again.

Think about a revamped Outland with the updated world design. Would be glorious!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love more undead and scourge, but not a revamped Northrend, rather a new continent

I want to see more of the void (saw bits of it during Legion).

The irony in that sentence is funny, though. (seeing something in nothing)

Where's the Shadowbringers option?

Cause I know that's where I'll be...
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

K'aresh (aka Outland 2.0)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I put on my tinfoil hat not many weeks ago after the Safe Haven cinematic, what if Azeroth will indeed be under the reign of the Old Gods/Void Lords, and the inhabitants of Azeroth needs to rebuild their forces and find a new place to live on while preparing for taking Azeroth back. Sure, Outland is dying, but it could be the last days of the planet to ensure life on Azeroth will thrive again.

Think about a revamped Outland with the updated world design. Would be glorious!
    I hope so. A new Outland with all the technologies they have been developing through the years.

It's a magnificent, magical land, worth revisiting to push left apart narratives from there.

Gimme undeads and scourge always, feeelings of vanilla and w3

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Revamped old world with WQ everywhere not only new locations.

This, but including bc Azeroth zones. Gotta get mah silver moon and ghostlands cuz.

Maybe villain Silvanas that survives the end of the expat van hole up in Silvermoon... May as well go all out Garrosh raid now. Or Deatholme?

5+ Year Old Account
    Moar dots ! I mean dragons.

Seriously blizzard ruined wow dragons with Cata. Can’t wait for more dragon stuff.

I would love something exotic and magical again. Either another world, or some odd place like the Dragon Isles that could be designed that way.

After so many expansions with boring, natural looking environments I just miss high fantasy stuff. Outland was really the last time they went crazy, although WoD was also pretty alien, too.