1. #1

    Do warlocks or dh perform better?

    Title pretty much, meaning, do warlocks do higher dps than demon hunters? is their aoe good? I know dh has much better mobility, aoe and survivability in pve due to leech. (Like if I pull 10 mobs with dh they will all die pretty fast, if I pull 10 mobs with warlock I suppose I'll be the one dying pretty fast?)

    And which of the 2 is more viable in pvp as well?

    The question regarding pve is about m+ and raiding as well ofc.

  2. #2
    Classes r going to perform better or worse patch to patch. Play which u enjoy more.

  3. #3
    no context

    /10char

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacky31 View Post
    Title pretty much, meaning, do warlocks do higher dps than demon hunters? is their aoe good? I know dh has much better mobility, aoe and survivability in pve due to leech. (Like if I pull 10 mobs with dh they will all die pretty fast, if I pull 10 mobs with warlock I suppose I'll be the one dying pretty fast?)

    And which of the 2 is more viable in pvp as well?

    The question regarding pve is about m+ and raiding as well ofc.
    Warlocks have 3 dps spec while DHs got 1. This makes Warlock the much safer option in relation to high dps in the long run. DH is still the new boy in class and therefore Blizzard will make sure it performs well however that can quickly change as the class grows older. If you just care about good performs then choose Warlock. They are ranged so they don’t need mobility as much and they have pretty good survivability.

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire sunxsera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany - Blackmoore EU
    Posts
    452
    Just level both and see with which class you have more fun with at 120, it `s the safest option.
    There are allways changes to speccs - sometimes you like them, sometimes not. Sometimes blizzard ruins you favourite specc, so it ´s good to have a 2nd option.
    DH is a lot easier to play; gets easier in M+ pug groups, is easier in PvP - but also a lot harder to get a raid spot, because most guilds only run 1-2 DHs.
    You can also check warcraftlogs / raider.io to see how classes perform.

  6. #6
    Have to go with demon hunter > warlock in regards which perform better.

  7. #7
    Long term investment Warlocks will always be better than DH due to simple, objective reasons that will stay true no matter what:

    1. Warlocks have 3 DPS specs and DH only one.
    2. Warlocks are ranged.
    3. Warlocks can spread cleave/multidot.

    These 3 things up there are major advantages that won't be going anywhere.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire ScarUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Camp Pendleton, California
    Posts
    457
    I play both. Even working on getting my Spriest to 120 atm.
    Personality: INTJ



    “You don’t have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.”
    – C.S. Lewis

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilent Soul View Post
    I play both. Even working on getting my Spriest to 120 atm.
    Okay... and?

  11. #11
    This question is really too broad.
    Like in M+ affliction blows and Havok is awesome. But Demo is good there but has no interrupt. But in raids DH power is alright, but doesn't compete too well against at least aff and Destro in raw numbers. But DH has a tank spec so ya know, some options there. On the other hand only 1 dps spec so if/when it sucks you got no recourse whereas warlocks do. I
    Havok is reputed to be fairly fun but braindead while Destro is commonly held to be pretty boring overall but demo is fun even if it underperforms, though not by as much as people make out.

    So.... both? That's about the best answer I can give without breaking down the entire game atm
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

  12. #12
    I mained DH in Legion and Lock was my Alt. I'm now maining Lock and DH is my alt.

    Raiding: Lock>DH
    M+: DH>Lock
    They are about even in PvP

    One thing about DH is that you have to be open to Tank. You will be asked in M+ and PvP and I think that every DH should be comfortable doing that role. In open world DH is better as well.

    But if all youre looking for are DPS #s. Lock is the safe bet, they have pretty much always been the best or at least in the Top 3 DPS classes. Ranged is also preferred over Melee for raids. We are in a weird situation where ranged is really bad compared to most melee in M+ though. My raid had 2 ranged swap to melee because of it.

  13. #13
    Imagine asking if a class will out perform a warlock lol

    Original Poster, all you have to do is go to warcraftlogs, ignore all these warlock fanboys claiming warlock isn't broken or OP in raid. Look up EVERY RAID stats, since the start of warcraft logs, and what class is in the top 3 on every single fight? Warlock.

    Classes vary from patch to patch, DH is stronger than warrior...Mage stronger than hunter.... but the one thing that never changes.....Warlock has a spec in top 3. So if you wanna be top of the meters in every raid, make a warlock, it's facts

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Imagine asking if a class will out perform a warlock lol

    Original Poster, all you have to do is go to warcraftlogs, ignore all these warlock fanboys claiming warlock isn't broken or OP in raid. Look up EVERY RAID stats, since the start of warcraft logs, and what class is in the top 3 on every single fight? Warlock.

    Classes vary from patch to patch, DH is stronger than warrior...Mage stronger than hunter.... but the one thing that never changes.....Warlock has a spec in top 3. So if you wanna be top of the meters in every raid, make a warlock, it's facts
    Except everyone has said Warlock for raiding, DH for m+.

    Which is pretty accurate, but warlock can still manage in m+ well enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •