Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The attacker needed to be monitored by his parents 24/7. That's a pretty severe disability. Did he get away from his parents? Wanted to say hi to the cop's little girl?

Maybe there is video.

RIP.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    No, where I live we don't need guns because we aren't all assholes trying to step over each other for personal gain, or feel so scared that we feel the need to be weaponized at all times.
    Meh I live in Canada too , I was stabbed coming out of the bank in the middle of they day by a meth head recently, I easily would have shot him if our guns laws werent dumb

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    Meh I live in Canada too , I was stabbed coming out of the bank in the middle of they day by a meth head recently, I easily would have shot him if our guns laws werent dumb
    So you don’t have tools to use then? Kinda sounds like your just making up story’s as you go along.

Tragic to be sure, but as Ghostpanther said, if he had a reasonable fear of severe bodily harm of himself or for his child, he was justified in shooting. Not exactly an enviable position to be in, and I do feel for the guy's parents, but presuming facts are as they are, it doesn't sound like there was a winning outcome to start with. However, having read the article twice, I don't see any indication that the police claim the man was armed; I only see that there was an "argument," which the man's non-verbal nature does cast doubt on, granted. But, title is needlessly clickbait-y.

Ultimately, I would like more facts.
    Last edited by Reaper0329; 2019-06-17 at 03:47 PM.

If you are not physically capable of taking someone down as an officer without a weapon then you should not be an officer period.
    I agree but it is a sensitive subject as there are many female police officers and male who are short and not to mention unfit physically to take most men down without the use of a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    I have been in a situation where someone had a knife too a few times and talked them out of it once, the other we just ran and they fucked off anyways. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    I agree but it is a sensitive subject as there are many female police officers and male who are short and not to mention unfit physically to take most men down without the use of a weapon.
    This is why all officers should be forced to learn judo so that they can effectively take people down.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    More and more lies are being exposed as the media uncovers more facts of the incident.
    The media is going to cover this in the direction of the political side they support. It will be a minute before anything they have to say can be considered a fact.

No, where I live we don't need guns because we aren't all assholes trying to step over each other for personal gain, or feel so scared that we feel the need to be weaponized at all times.
    I'm sure the indigenous population would echo that sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by plagueshard801 View Post
    The media is going to cover this in the direction of the political side they support. It will be a minute before anything they have to say can be considered a fact.
    How is police accountability a political side?
    We are often struck down easily. However no matter how often beaten, we can't forget the joy we felt during the dispute. The pleasure of stretching our willpower. The pleasure of trying out our own strength. The pleasure of seeing a manifestation of real comradely emotions among friends. The pleasure of seeing the world clearly split into camps of foes and friends. The pleasure of seeing an improvement in our own personality. by Sakae Osugi

I have been in a situation where someone had a knife too a few times and talked them out of it once, the other we just ran and they fucked off anyways. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why all officers should be forced to learn judo so that they can effectively take people down.
    man what spec are you, you class sounds amazing, verbal skills as well as physical prowess dam dude nerf you!

on a more serious note, here's a government provided unbiased info on the event as current as i can find so far.

https://www.coronaca.gov/Home/Compon...s/News/4012/17

Looks like there's a lot missing in terms of what we know. But the big one is what did the officer mean by "assaulted" and "unprovoked" how those two word end up being defined is how the matter will be settled.
    Last edited by Saucexorzski; 2019-06-17 at 04:55 PM.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."