A what ILEVEL my prot tank can pug safely Mythics ?

In my crusade to get all the mounts possible, I have been struggling to get the ones of KING REST and UNDERROT, mostly because no one want to take my 410 mage in a PUG. So instead of complaining, I leveled a Prot Warrior. She is now 360.

(I was told repeatedly on trade chat that, oddly enough, ilevel is almost always the ''go to'' stat for tanks, as higher ILEVEL, more stamina)

honestly the best way is to join a guild, they will help you gear up and run the dungeons with you. but back on pugging, are you talking about doing mythic+? or regular mythic dungeons? 380 is very easy to get currently and that should be fine for base mythics.

380 then. Mythic +0 and Mythics 1/2, I want to run Underoot and King Rest till I get the mounts.

360 is easily enough for +2-+3

Would you confirm the general interpretation that, providing it's plate and not obviously a warrior item, the best item for a tank tend to be the one with highest level ?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Would you confirm the general interpretation that, providing it's plate and not obviously a warrior item, the best item for a tank tend to be the one with highest level ?
    Usually, yes. For higher-level theory stuff, check an in-depth guide.

If you create the group as the tank you should quickly get people queing with you. It might take a little longer now that most people are geared past standard mythic but you should still be able to fill a group in a few minutes.

If the mounts drop in heroic, you could just run the LFG tool with those specific dungeons listed, you should get a group within minutes as a tank.

Pugged with ease this morning ''King's Rest''. No mount. Almost ready for Mechagon

I was running mythic 0s as soon as I dinged 120 in about 280 gear on a prot pally. 0s provide no challenge and as long as you're not a mongoloid and understand when to expect incoming damage you can just gear up to 370 very quickly in a m0 tour. By then you can just run your own key up as far as you can, gearing up along the way.