Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Regardless, fire was in a good place. With the legies fire was king and without them it was still top tier.

Needing legendaries was an issue for all specs

You sure have a different version of what fire was in Legion! Spec was bad w/o pryo bracers and even then it was PRAY the RNG Gods gave you the damn procs at the right time. Frost is in similar place currently with BF procs, number of times you have to cast 8+ FB's to see a BF proc is silly. When that happens kiss your DPS goodbye.

It was only king when the stars aligned after they nerfed the crit passive, aka people saw a fire mage with a ridiculous parse but failed to notice the 100,000+ other parses that weren't even in the same ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    You sure have a different version of what fire was in Legion! Spec was bad w/o pryo bracers and even then it was PRAY the RNG Gods gave you the damn procs at the right time. Frost is in similar place currently with BF procs, number of times you have to cast 8+ FB's to see a BF proc is silly. When that happens kiss your DPS goodbye.

It was only king when the stars aligned after they nerfed the crit passive, aka people saw a fire mage with a ridiculous parse but failed to notice the 100,000+ other parses that weren't even in the same ballpark.
    I’ve only said fire was good in the very start of Legion (before the nerf). That’s it.

what are they doing to help fire this patch? as you can see...….nothing! not a damn thing and its a damn shame

I aint seeing any changes to the spec. Fire is dead man

Why would it shine? It's trash right now and blizzard doesn't care. Even the execute, where fire is SUPPOSED to shine, often loses to boomkins and warlocks, like wtf is this garbage.

Mages in general have basically been shit-tier warlocks this entire expansion, and blizz is apparently A-OK with that because they don't seem interested in changing anything. I don't know if the mage dev's quit or what but it seems like very little balancing is going on with mages, except to nerf azerite traits whenever a mage dares to start creeping up to middle of the pack on the dps meters (rip blaster master)

what about essences?
    There are some essences which interact with crit chance and damage - fire will benefit from them a lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fujiapples View Post
    what about essences?
    There are some essences which interact with crit chance and damage - fire will benefit from them a lot.
    Fire doesn't have crit problems though does it?

Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Fire was going in the right direction with Flame cannon as pvp talent. Then they reverted that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Aye, I do miss playing Fire, and this expac there has never been a time for it to shine, as it can't come close the the DPS of Frost. I'm just glad that GS is getting a nerf so hopefully it wont be the set and forget of Frost, I dislike GS.
    It was a small nerf to mitigate Essence bonuses.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    GS build got an overall buff, so don't know what you are talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yes, but the nerf to GS was to balance out mastery buff (not Essence, my bad).
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yeah I saw they nerfed GS slightly to Offset the Buff in Mastery Value, if I remember the Dev notes the other day.

It might have a moment or two in Eternal Palace based on how some of the fights are, but it'll only be comparable not really excelling past Frost. They'd need to give it some serious touch ups(which is possible with how they love doing tuning the day before Mythic release for the last two years) to be even viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

GL expecting mages getting buffed, thats only reserved for any melee and hybrid classes.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...y=4&dataset=95

Can someone explain what happened to fire that they skyrocket right now? xD Did they get a good essence?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post

Can someone explain what happened to fire that they skyrocket right now? xD Did they get a good essence?
    Lucid dream and blaster master. It will get nerfed soon. Probably cut bm by 25-33%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post

PROBABLY the crit chance/crit damage PvP essence along with fights that fit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lucid dream and blaster master. It will get nerfed soon. Probably cut bm by 25-33%
    But it is the minor part of Lucid dreams which is good right? I was just wondering because Bloodmallet indicates that the major part also increases damage, but I just can’t see what increased mana regen does in relation to dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But it is the minor part of Lucid dreams which is good right? I was just wondering because Bloodmallet indicates that the major part also increases damage, but I just can’t see what increased mana regen does in relation to dps?
    It's not mana regen for mages. It changes depending on class. It regents your fireblasts faster and the minor have chance on each spellcast to grant half of a fireblasts charge.