Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Lucid dreams active gives you 100% faster Fireblast charges

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It's not mana regen for mages. It changes depending on class. It regents your fireblasts faster and the minor have chance on each spellcast to grant half of a fireblasts charge.
    Okay makes sense. Thank you. I couldn’t find anywhere what the major did for mages :b

I knew it!
    Its time to get my fire mage rolling ;D
    I hope things wont get nerfed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fujiapples View Post
    I knew it!
    Its time to get my fire mage rolling ;D
    I hope things wont get nerfed
    Developers' note: The Minor Power on Memory of Lucid Dreams has a custom implementation for Fire Mages and how it interacts with Fire Blast charges. However, this wound up being too strong relative to other Essences' Minor Powers. As such we're reducing its proc rate by 33% for Fire Mages, which should keep this as a very strong option to use in the Minor Slot, but much closer to the potency of other Minor Powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Developers' note: The Minor Power on Memory of Lucid Dreams has a custom implementation for Fire Mages and how it interacts with Fire Blast charges. However, this wound up being too strong relative to other Essences' Minor Powers. As such we're reducing its proc rate by 33% for Fire Mages, which should keep this as a very strong option to use in the Minor Slot, but much closer to the potency of other Minor Powers.
    Well, it was fun while it lasted
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Well, it was fun while it lasted
    It's still really good.. just not overpowered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    It's still really good.. just not overpowered.
    Yep, apparently I really misunderstood the nerf

By the way, when do you guys activate Lucid Dreams?
    I'm still trying to ger comfortable with it as sometimes I don't get the minimum 6 fire blasts during Combustion
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Yep, apparently I really misunderstood the nerf

By the way, when do you guys activate Lucid Dreams?
    I'm still trying to ger comfortable with it as sometimes I don't get the minimum 6 fire blasts during Combustion
    Pot fireball lucid fireblast rop combust pyro/fb depending 3 stacks of bm meteor normal comust opener. I was having 90k openers on mythic jaina
    Last edited by Video Games; 2019-07-05 at 07:26 PM.

Been away for a year cuz I couldn't stand playing my fire mage I would like to come back I don't play a lot real seriously maybe just mythics what is the best build for fire right now? When I login I feel completely lost lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    no

fire will not be shining unless blizzard considerably buffs it. This xpac doesn't follow prior old xpacs of "fire sucks until x crit" formula.

Fire has evolved, along with shitty azerite traits and essences that don't really help it to keep it p. garbage in 8.2
    Time to retire your account. Fire is doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    Time to retire your account. Fire is doing great.
    People are starting to get their rank 3 raid essences and gain loads of DPS from them, while fire gains nothing over Lucid rank 3. Also Fire isn't doing great it's doing decently and is in the middle of the pact on fights that last longer as they do on Mythic difficulty.

Granted it's better than garbage with the right setup.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    People are starting to get their rank 3 raid essences and gain loads of DPS from them, while fire gains nothing over Lucid rank 3. Also Fire isn't doing great it's doing decently and is in the middle of the pact on fights that last longer as they do on Mythic difficulty.

Granted it's better than garbage with the right setup.
    4 mages 5 locks in Limits Azshara kill, at least

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    4 mages 5 locks in Limits Azshara kill, at least
    Which doesn't change the situation. Fire has reached its peak performance from essences and it needs a very specific gear setup to work.

Other specs are still gaining power and will continue to as people start getting rank 3 in their essences.

Frost sims already show on par or higher and that is not with rank 3. It is a matter of time. Fire has not been buffed, it only got its BIS essence before anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    needs a very specific gear setup to work
    Yup, said gear setup has to be assumed when talking about BFA raiding. You play the spec+azerite loadout rather than just the spec. I don't like it either, but you'll have to put in the extra legwork to obtain it. Players are obtaining said setup. Arguably more cumbersome than relics, IMHO, especially for playing more than one spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Frost sims already show on par or higher and that is not with rank 3. It is a matter of time. Fire has not been buffed, it only got its BIS essence before anyone else.
    Yeah, I don't disagree, but at least Fire got to be useful during progression when it mattered the most for some guilds. Don't care too much about farm. Depends on the guild and how long they'll be progressing though. Point of reference is important. Being strong early on because of the Essence might keep Fire from getting buffed, but at the same time they have't been doing spec balancing much this xpac anyway. So yeah, I don't disagree that the problem remains.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-08-07 at 03:42 PM.