Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marro View Post
    Following on from the supposed leak talking about prestige classes for Necromancer, Dragonsworn and Dark Shaman, I thought it might be fun to think of what other class skins we could get if such a feature were ever implemented.

I quite like the idea that they are their own class and not just a slap on skin to your current toon, as this means they can have totally different race combos than the class they have the same abilities as, which is quite important when you look at the options I put for Paladin as an example. So far I came up with...

Warrior - Battlemage
    Rouge - Warden
    Priest - Cultist
    Mage - Technomage
    Paladin - Night Warrior (NE) Spellbreaker (BE)
    Hunter - Dark Ranger
    Druid - Dragonsworn
    Warlock - Necromancer
    Shaman - Dark Shaman
    Monk - Bard
    Death Knight -???
    Demon Hunter -???
    Tinker - Alchemist

Couldn't think of one for DK, DH... any suggestions?
    There is already a thread for that:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...KINS-Yes-or-No
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Anything (probably Rogue since FF14 uses the Archer path...) --> Bard, and I love it.

Otherwise meh.

How would dark ranger work... Dark rangers are undead no? Would only work with NE, BE , Human and forsaken but they would all be dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Marro View Post
    Warrior - Battlemage
    You do know the point of this (IMO) dumb idea of "prestige classes/class skins" is just to change how a class looks, right? Not completely change it into a whole new class with new mechanics and playstyle, right?

Monk - Bard
    What? This is the worst thing in your list. How would a monk... become a bard? Those two are not alike in any sense of the word. This is worse than your "warrior -> mage" idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You do know the point of this (IMO) dumb idea of "prestige classes/class skins" is just to change how a class looks, right? Not completely change it into a whole new class with new mechanics and playstyle, right?

What? This is the worst thing in your list. How would a monk... become a bard? Those two are not alike in any sense of the word. This is worse than your "warrior -> mage" idea.
    I agree obviously it's Rogue --> Bard.

All I am seeing it another tons of implementing different spell IDs for my addon. A lot of work for me.

Tho I am not against the idea. Looks cool.

EDIT: Yep, I want this
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2019-06-18 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Even that one I have issue with, since, again, the rogue playstyle is not the bard's playstyle.

But, of all the classes we currently have, it's the one that would be the "closest". (in the same sense that Neptune is closer to the sun than Pluto)

Even that one I have issue with, since, again, the rogue playstyle is not the bard's playstyle.

But, of all the classes we currently have, it's the one that would be the "closest". (in the same sense that Neptune is closer to the sun than Pluto)
    Well, right.

Bard should be a brand new class with entirely new mechanics. But that obviously isn't going to happen.

Leak? That's a speculation video for fun from a YouTuber.

Leaks these days are a very lose.

I'm really not a fan of the class skin idea for two reasons:
    1. Parity. If they can't give each of the original classes a skin at the same time then I think they should delay it.
    2. Quality. When allied races were announced I loved the idea. Then I saw what the playable nightborn looked like. I don't believe Blizz can add class skins without sacrificing quality somewhere.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Leak? That's a speculation video for fun from a YouTuber.

Leaks these days are a very lose.
    No, one of the 4chan "leaks" included the idea with the "Prestige Class" name. No points for guessing where the 100% guaranteed authentic Blizzard dev got the idea from, though.

Warning: Post may contain traces of sarcasm and peanuts.

I rather they add new classes or additional specs, not costumes

Paladin:
    -Vindicator
    -Sunwalker
    -Blood Knight
    -Scarlet Crusader

- - - Updated - - -

Frankly from a visual standpoint the idea of having things have more flavor based on race etc or faction allegiance is amazing imo. So I would HOPE it would work out properly. : / lets face it: Sunwalkers, Blood Knights, Zandalari all suffer from the same issue with paladin animations NOT Making sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would we waste interesting concepts like Necromancer on a Warlock reskin, when the class can exist on its own as a standalone class that will add real value to the game?

15+ Year Old Account

I don't agree, Arms Warrior to battlemage should be fairly easy to do, all attack animations become (arcane/fire/frost) magic based.
    Not sure if i would use an warrior for this skin, but it is not impossible. If i could pick i would go frost dk for battlemage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    The bard thing as a rogue would be hard to do imo, personally i see bard more as a support class.
    If you translate it from Mistweaver Monk to Bard. The bard is a master of song, speech, and of the magic it contains. A bards music is not just vibrations of air, these vocalizations contain magicpower. Using that the bard may restore wounds of allies and weaken his/her enemy. Turn the mist based effects into song/music based effects, Fist and Kick attacks could be turned in to normal weapon strikes. Tea becomes booze

It would help the fantasy a lot if these classes came with a transmog-set to help set the fantasy.

There is already a thread for this: (maybe a mod can merge those?)
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...KINS-Yes-or-No

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You lost me at warrior-battlemage.

I have to say I don't like the prestige classes. Although I do recall reading a very early design idea for WoW was something like that. Like for example if you were a Tauren Warrior, you could "upgrade" to a Tauren Chieftain. Night Elf Warrior you could become a Demon Hunter (all based on the WC3 hero classes of course).

I don't think that idea would work at all, especially now, and I don't think I'd really like to see it done. The sort of classes you could take seem silly and tacked on, and likely it would be something you "needed" to do (you'd be at a disadvantage if you didn't) so it would shoehorn people into possibly taking a prestige class they didn't like just for the in-game benefits.

I hope this entire concept is just 4chan trolling because it seems lame and incredibly not like WoW if it's legit.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2019-06-19 at 11:28 AM.

I hope you have to re-level a class to get these .. sorta like the heritage race/armor.
    I love when Blizz cons players with this "content".

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would a warrior suddenly become a battlemage.. and what exactly is a technomage?!

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I don't understand how horrible idea like class skins got so much traction.
    You know how it goes.. an idea floats around for years without that much attention, then one day some youtuber pretends to think of it and everybody loses their minds~

Class skins certainly make sense. They can't make classes for every fantasy AND balance them all. But just make them a separate toon that's different art and effects but identical to another class? Perfect! Now I get my dark ranger, my battle mage, necromancer, my dragons, AND nothing is sacrificed in the end.
    Plus I believe the "leak" also mentioned slight differences between them? I was skimming so I might have misread. Would make sense to give a slight variety where it makes unequivocal sense.