Trilogy servers?

Are there going to be any plans to have servers that will be going through WotLK before launch? I loved Vanilla, BC, and Wrath. It would be cool to not have guilds break up and servers split if this is a possible option. Guilds and friend's lists and your own reputation on your server mattered so much more when we had more of a community than the cueing system allows for. I would love to have this as an option when choosing a server.

That's something we don't know yet. How the servers are structured, i'm sure we will see it in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'd like to see them do, if they do TBC and LK servers is this:

You have one client. You can login to classic, TBC or LK. If you have a character on Classic you can copy that character to TBC if it's 58+. Note... *copy*. It's left on the Classic server too. Similarly, if you have a 68+ toon, you can copy from TBC to LK server.

If you don't have a 58+ toon you can create one directly on the TBC server and you get starter gear that's roughly the same as dungeon blues in Classic, same for LK - you get a 68 with starter gear.

Alternatively, you could force people to level to 58 on Classic and then 68 on TBC if they wanted too.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

You have one client. You can login to classic, TBC or LK. If you have a character on Classic you can copy that character to TBC if it's 58+. Note... *copy*. It's left on the Classic server too. Similarly, if you have a 68+ toon, you can copy from TBC to LK server.

If you don't have a 58+ toon you can create one directly on the TBC server and you get starter gear that's roughly the same as dungeon blues in Classic, same for LK - you get a 68 with starter gear.

Alternatively, you could force people to level to 58 on Classic and then 68 on TBC if they wanted too.
    TBC servers and WotLK servers would eventually go the private server route. Instant level 58 for TBC and instant level 68 for WotLK. Option to copy character also will exist, but you want to expand your audience base as much as possible since not everyone played classic, so this means the level boost will be required.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    That would be nice. I'm not really interested in returning for classic but I would for BC and Wrath. Just so long that we pretend everything after Wrath never happened I'd sub every now and then

Depends on how well Classic works out. Odds are as long as this one works out the next one will come out. Original trilogy makes the most sense in my opinion.

While I'm on the fence about Classic, I have a friend that will be supporting it purely in the hope that a Burning Crusade server follows.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be great if they do it. I'm with Clevin that if they ever do this they should keep the servers separate. I can't imagine anyone wants to see BC bolted on to vanilla with all of the expansion changes in BC blowing back into Classic.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be super good, but yeah, has to be on copy character basis. If you are forced to continue to TBC servers (aka retail WoW timeline all over), it would kill classic servers, which I really hope they won't do, even if most people say they get bored after a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    While I'm on the fence about Classic, I have a friend that will be supporting it purely in the hope that a Burning Crusade server follows.
    Same here. I am meh on classic, tho I will play it, but get tbc out - I am all in baby.

Quote Originally Posted by ZatchMueller View Post
    Are there going to be any plans to have servers that will be going through WotLK before launch? I loved Vanilla, BC, and Wrath. It would be cool to not have guilds break up and servers split if this is a possible option. Guilds and friend's lists and your own reputation on your server mattered so much more when we had more of a community than the cueing system allows for. I would love to have this as an option when choosing a server.
    How I read it is all classic expansions are fair game -they define classic as those that use the old talent trees. The time frame is years here and pretty sure if vanilla is a massive success, next blizzcon we will get a strong hint on it.

Best case: Character copies to the servers with BC, WotLK. Worst case: always start from one.

Can't even imagine the horror of vanilla worshippers having BC thrown on top of them.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Wouldn't be a bad idea. I personally am in favor of creating new content for Vanilla/Classic instead of rehasing expansions til we get 10 years in the future and people begging for re-re-release of classic servers. Maybe they could be more liberal with changes in TBC so they can not implement changes that begin to change the feel of the game. Like flying or resilience gear.

This is the only way I think this would work. I can see the blowback by forcefully adding an expansion onto another.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like a good way to approach BC/WRATH without pissing off the classic cultists.
    Last edited by kunah; 2019-06-18 at 06:01 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

I'm not interested in playing BC or Wrath.

BC is the expansion when the game began to decline in quality, Wrath continued merrily the design flaws begun in BC.

Classic +, WoW 2.0 or bust.