Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    There are nazis in virtually EVERY political party, most are actually in left wing parties, like the original German nazi party. But that doesn't mean they have any influence.
    NSDAP were not left wing. They violently persecuted and suppressed legitimate socialists and communists in 1930s and 1940s Germany, and even before that they had a lot of brown shirts running around in the form of the SA.

    The reason they used the word socialist in their name have more to do with 1920s Weimar Germany politics than what their actual ideology were about.

  2. #302
    The irony of them managing to come full circle with attempts at inclusion to accomplish the opposite is amusing but I'm not sure what else there is to discuss about that. Besides that "nazi" is obviously a pretty harsh word to use here. When bodies of uncooperative schoolchildren are being stacked outside the swingset, then we can call them nazis.

  3. #303
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    4,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    When bodies of uncooperative schoolchildren are being stacked outside the swingset, then we can call them nazis.
    Not that i think that is going to happen i would hope one would label a group that would do such a thing appropriately before they do such a thing rather than sit there going "They havent yet done [a] so not [b], you are just calling everyone [b] you leftist scum"

    That would be pathetic

  4. #304
    Pandaren Monk Avskildhet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Yes they are.

    They are inspired by their sister party here in Denmark, DF, which until last week, was the second largest party in parliament. We have two parties, one of which is now in parliament, which are quite a bit more right wing, and none of them are even close to be in g nazi.

    I really think you need to research what you spew out, because you get schooled time and time again.

    Just like the time I had to educate you on the different between negro and bigger, even in your own language!
    No, they are not moderates. They're far right.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You do know where on the political scale SOCIALIST is located, right?
    Nazis aren't socialists.
    Master List of Why Trump is a Misogynist, Racist, Fascist, Homophobic Criminal:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrump...se_megathread/

  6. #306
    I actually agree with them. In our 2 biggest cities, Antwerp and Brussels, the majority of kids speak a foreign language at home. In Brussels it's even worse, in that there are schools where none of the kids speak Dutch and this disadvantage is hard if impossible to overcome if they speak Turkish, Moroccan, Arabic, whatever at home.

    It puts these kids at a disadvantage at every stage of their life: good luck going to any institution of higher education if you don't speak any of the official languages. English is only the standard language in the Master courses where there are a lot of international students.
    Good luck finding almost any job if you hardly speak any Dutch. The possibilities become extremely slim.

    Kids go to school to learn skills that will help them later in life and to receive a general formative education. Learning the official language is one of those core skills.

    Besides that, linking this to nazism is petulant and childish. Get over yourself.

  7. #307
    I think this is a good idea, but unfortunately it would be pretty much impossible to enforce. You will have a hard time getting a decent job in Sweden without being fluent in the language. Well, unless you have good English skills and an suitable university degree.

    In addition to this I think that someone that intends to live in a country permanently should do their best to learn the language and internalize at least some of the culture and values of the country.

  8. #308
    Legendary! FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    6,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    No, they are not moderates. They're far right.
    Welcome back from your ban It was about time. Your ban, not your return, that is.

    No they are not far right. The problem is, Sweden is so far far left, that anything to the right of the middle LOOKS far right, from your point of view.


    Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-06-22 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Welcome back from your ban It was about time. Your ban, not your return, that is.

    No they are not far right. The problem is, Sweden is so far far left, that anything to the right of the middle LOOKS far right, from your point of view.


    Infracted.
    Are you saying Nazis aren't far right? What hole do you live in?
    Master List of Why Trump is a Misogynist, Racist, Fascist, Homophobic Criminal:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrump...se_megathread/

  10. #310
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    4,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Are you saying Nazis aren't far right? What hole do you live in?
    He said most nazi are in left wing parties

    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    There are nazis in virtually EVERY political party, most are actually in left wing parties, like the original German nazi party. But that doesn't mean they have any influence.
    I am unsure if he knows what nazism is

  11. #311
    You've got serious issues if you think that Nazi's are "left" on political spectrum.

  12. #312
    Legendary! FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    6,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Are you saying Nazis aren't far right? What hole do you live in?
    You should educate yourself on National Socialism.. If you think Nazis were right wing, explain jobs and affordable cars for everyone.

    The nazi party did a lot of good things for the people, all of which were left wing politics..

    Did Hitler either snap or had an alternative motive from day 1? Sure.. But the party politics was left wing.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You should educate yourself on National Socialism.. If you think Nazis were right wing, explain jobs and affordable cars for everyone.

    The nazi party did a lot of good things for the people, all of which were left wing politics..

    Did Hitler either snap or had an alternative motive from day 1? Sure.. But the party politics was left wing.
    Should tell that to the wikipedia page for Nazism.

    https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazism

    Here, I will quote the relevant parts:
    Nazism (or National Socialism; German: Nationalsozialismus) is a set of political beliefs associated with the Nazi Party of Germany. It started in the 1920s. Party gained power in 1933, starting the Third Reich. They lasted in Germany until 1945, at the end of World War II. Many scholars think Nazism was a form of far-right politics.[1] Nazism is a form of fascism and uses biological racism and antisemitism. Much of the philosophy of this movement was based on an idea that the 'Aryan race', the term they used for what we today call Germanic people, was better than all other races, and had the greatest ability to survive. According to the racist and ableist ideas of Nazism, the Germanic peoples were the Herrenvolk (master race).[2] The 'inferior' races and people - the Jews, Roma people, Slavs, disabled and others - were classified as Untermenschen (sub-humans).[3]
    Last edited by Orbitus; 2019-06-23 at 08:36 AM.
    Master List of Why Trump is a Misogynist, Racist, Fascist, Homophobic Criminal:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrump...se_megathread/

  14. #314
    LOL, of course the first page is people saying "OMG they're not Nazis, and anyway, I 100% agree with this fascist party's policies".

    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You should educate yourself on National Socialism.. If you think Nazis were right wing, explain jobs and affordable cars for everyone.
    The Nazis enacted an economic policy of privatising industries that were national under the Weimar Republic, which is pretty much the definition of right wing economic policy. In fact right wing parties around the world openly admired it at the time.

    In the late 1930s and the early 1940s, a number of academic works were devoted to the analysis of economic policy in Germany under the rule of the National Socialist Party. One major work was Maxine Yaple Sweezy’s (1941) The Structure of the Nazi Economy. Sweezy stated that industrialists supported Hitler’s accession to power and his economic policies: “In return for business assistance, the Nazis hastened to give evidence of their good will by restoring to private capitalism a number of monopolies held or controlled by the state” (p. 27). This policy implied a large-scale program by which “the government transferred ownership to private hands” (p. 28)
    https://pubs.aeaweb.org/doi/pdf/10.1257/jep.20.3.187

    They were right wing in every sense of the word, you've been lied to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Are you saying Nazis aren't far right? What hole do you live in?
    While the German Nazi party certainly was relatively far right compared to other parties of the time it is an accurate observation that the political spectrum is shifted pretty far to the left in Sweden. By my estimation all Swedish parties that actually made it into the parliament are to the left the Democrats in the US.

    As for the Sweden Democrats... their main selling point has been that they want to greatly reduce non-work related immigration. They have managed to attract close to 20% of the voters from all over the political spectrum. They are the only party in Sweden that has been consistently in favor of a restrictive immigration policy. However, due to their rapid growth and the social costs of being a member they have had to fill a lot of seats with incompetents (especially on the local level). I would never vote for SD for all sorts of reasons, but calling them a Nazi is definitely not accurate. There are some actual Nazi parties, but they get laughably few votes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •