Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    I woke up at like 7 am, only thing I've had so far is an ice cream and its 8:30 PM soon.
    So you're thin but basically unhealthy, assuming you eat like that regularly.

At least you think you're attractive I guess.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Depending on what time you get up of course. An hour or so later sure, but to leave it hours and hours before eating? No thanks.
    Nobody is forcing you. :P My breakfast is around 11pm to 12am typically. Also the only meal to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    That would entirely depend on their body's genetics, any medication or disorders that might cause weight gain or make it difficult to lose weight, as well as their activity levels vs yours. It isn't as simple as "eat less". You would know that if that program aimed at healthcare was any good. Eat less only goes so far, and maybe not at all. Heck, only losing weight by eating less could also be unhealthy and damaging.
    No, it's just THAT simple. The amount of people that actually have such serious issues with their health that they CAN'T lose wight or risk serious issues are really, really low.
    Eating less always goes all the way though. It's simple math. You spend a set amount of energy and if you eat less you simply lose weight as they body will have to use your own reserves to get by. Now, you should of course not starve yourself but you are fat becuase you eat too much and becuase you're not active enough. There is no magic here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    I feel like shit if I don't eat in the morning, no way I can wake up at 7AM and stay without eating till 1PM or so even when I stay home. But hey, different bodies and people.
    Same, I'm up at 6:15 then in the shower and breakfast after. If I didn't eat breakfast holy shit would I know about it. Have a relatively physical job too, so not having it is just shooting myself in the foot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Same, I'm up at 6:15 then in the shower and breakfast after. If I didn't eat breakfast holy shit would I know about it. Have a relatively physical job too, so not having it is just shooting myself in the foot.
    Well it's pretty different if you have a physical job vs having a desk job. Desk jobs require very little caloric intake to get you through the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, it's just THAT simple. The amount of people that actually have such serious issues with their health that they CAN'T lose wight or risk serious issues are really, really low.
    Eating less always goes all the way though. It's simple math. You spend a set amount of energy and if you eat less you simply lose weight as they body will have to use your own reserves to get by. Now, you should of course not starve yourself but you are fat becuase you eat too much and becuase you're not active enough. There is no magic here.
    Agree, cals out > cals in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bottom line is that, no matter how much you think overweight people are to blame for their problems, we're fucked as long as the environment stays the way it is. Agree/disagree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    Bottom line is that, no matter how much you think overweight is to blame for their problems, we're fucked as long as the environment stays the way it is. Agree/disagree?
    Well not necessarily us, but our grandchildren probably.

I woke up at like 7 am, only thing I've had so far is an ice cream and its 8:30 PM soon.
    13 hours with only an ice cream? I would feel extremely sick...

10+ Year Old Account
    Conservation of energy says you're right.

Science!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 60 kg to 166 cm, hardly thin.

You'll never get Chun Li legs if you only eat ice cream. (She's also 5'4, and weighs ~60kg/135lbs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Well it's pretty different if you have a physical job vs having a desk job. Desk jobs require very little caloric intake to get you through the day.
    That's true, but even if my morning is steady I'm normally still hungry at around 11am and ready for dinner. Go to the gym 4 times a week and run on off days though which I think is a big contributor to appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    I feel like shit if I don't eat in the morning, no way I can wake up at 7AM and stay without eating till 1PM or so even when I stay home. But hey, different bodies and people.
    Yeah I thought that too, you adjust to it and it becomes simple. Your body (by that I mean you specifically right now) is programmed to expect food in the morning, but if you force it to adjust it will adjust eventually. It's true that different people have different bodies but that's not the reason why you can't last until 1pm without eating, that's because your body currently works based on your current eating patterns, changing that would be a process that would take a couple of months but you would adjust and it would no longer be an issue.

It's the same as when people try to switch to Keto, they go crazy because of the lack of sugar in their diet as their body has not adjusted to using primarily fat as an energy source, but when that adjustment period is over many of them state they feel unstoppable because now they have a steady and consistent energy (rather than a spiky one that can result from eating simple carbs).
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    That's true, but even if my morning is steady I'm normally still hungry at around 11am and ready for dinner. Go to the gym 4 times a week and run on off days though which I think is a big contributor to appetite.
    Definitely. A constantly active lifestyle ramps up appetite like nothing else. When I went from plays hockey once a week to twice a week I noticed a huge difference even though I was already going to the gym/running on the other days.

No, it isn't that simple. What you lose with zero exercise tends to be more muscle then fat. Its unhealthy. You need exercise as well. It also, again, depends on if the medications you have as well could cause issues.

Obviously yes, eat less then you burn = weight loss under normal circumstances. But its not a healthy weight loss without exercise contributing to it as well. With 70% of the American population on some form of daily prescription, it would require reading each one to see if it impacts them or not for weight loss / gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good, it's that simple! I'll just tell my Diabetic Type 2 friends that they just need to change their sugar intake! Viola!

When they start dropping dead, will you admit that many metabolic factors are different among individuals? I mean shit, if Type 1 patients aren't a clear indicator to you you're just ignoring science.
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

I'm overweight because I hate myself. Also because cheddar dogs are delicious. Go ahead, call me fat. I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple most fatty foods are cheaper than healthy stuff and get more facetime then the stuff that's good for you. Also there are a shit ton of hormones in a lot food and fast foods in general and hormones tend to bulk and flab us humans up quite a bit. We need to make changes to the ingredients that they shove into our food. From what I notice America got bad when it comes to our food makers putting stuff in our food that just don't quite belong like tsp, dyes and other shit that possibly is doing way worst then making us fat...its killing us.

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

I don't feel sick from not eating or in mornings. Only times I feel sick is if I'm actually sick or having anxiety.
    So everyone should be able to eat ice cream and then go 13 hours, right? You were clear earlier that all metabolisms are equal - so you shouldn't be believing people who say they can't also go 13 hours on ice cream, right?
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    With 70% of the American population on some form of daily prescription, it would require reading each one to see if it impacts them or not for weight loss / gain.
    Jesus, is that number accurate? What the hell is everyone on?

Lol, I know people who eat like a pidgeon and dont lose weight. Their mom and dad are fat, as well. For some, your metabolism might burn 80 to 90 calories easy an hour. Others have it harder and burn maybe 10. That's the genetics part. I understand what you are asking and I understand they can do something about it. But don't believe that they can take ths same path as someone else and experience the same results. Especially if they took your junkrat diet. Like I said, I agree people can do something about it. But dont say "I eat fastfood every day and I'm fine". Cuz that actually disproves your whole argument that metabolisms aren't so different