Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Rise of entertainment technology, specifically for kids.
    2. Preservatives and highly processed food.
    3. Many occupations requiring little to no physical activity.
    4. Fat acceptance/ Health at every size movements.
    5. Lazy parenting.
    6. Advancements in medical technology allowing people to live unhealthy longer.
    7. Generous government assistance that will allow people to get to that size.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Obese just factors weight vs height. Yeah, you may not become obese eating only 1700 calories of junk food but you wont be healthy. You may however gain more fat than muscle than someone who eats a much healthier 1700 calorie diet. Since Muscle weighs more than fat, the healthier eater may end up weighing more, however the junk food eater may have more body fat..
    Yes this is true but I was just pointing out to someone earlier in the thread that when it comes to body weight, a calorie is a calorie in terms of how much you weight. Someone earlier in the thread was arguing that X amount of calories of junk food would cause you to gain more weight using the same amount of calories on healthy food. Which is untrue because a calorie is a calorie. Your body composition is a different story
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Because lots of people are in pain and sad, feel empty and food offers a quick fix, and maybe the one thing obtainable in their control. Feeding the hunger. Only food like lots of other vices can fill the hole inside.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    For children at least there's only one or two people to blame. The parents. For adults the individual is to blame. Arnold says it best.

Why gold is so heavy? Why water is wet? Why fire is so hot?

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Sugar is one hell of a drug.
    Yep, and it is put into everything for the sole purpose of addicting people to it and that has been proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yep, and it is put into everything for the sole purpose of addicting people to it and that has been proven.
    think of all the "DIABEETUS" problems and Heart problems. People really need to start doing something different. STOP BEING LAZY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, it s pretty sad. Parents that tell their kids to “clear their plates” also annoy me. That’s just teaching kids to continue eating when they’re full. It’s prompting an unhealthy eating habit.
    I was always told that we shouldnt waste food and that there are millions of hungry kids in Africa with flies on their face that would kill for the food I didnt eat. Id rather they eat it and run around a bit more to burn off calories than waste it or feed it to a dog

Too easy getting fast food as it's everywhere you go every freaking street. Pretty damn cheap too.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I knew people who would drink a 2L of soda on the daily. I mean, you are looking at 250g (9oz) of sugar and 840 calories just from drinking their fluids. Because they aren't drinking water, they aren't staying hydrated properly or flushing their kidney properly, which is going to cause kidney stones and other issues. To burn off the equivalent of those 840 extra calories, you would have to run 8.5 miles every day you drank that 2L of soda.

The reason so many people are fat? Sedentary lifestyles where we don't have to exercise in order to gain sustenance, mixed with an environment that provides calorie dense food on the cheap, mixed with high cost on nutrient-dense healthy foods, mixed with lack of proper eating/health education. I mean my PE class back in high school never explained why we were doing exercises or the long term effects. For my entire school career Physical Education was missing the Education. We sat in a circle doing some stretching and then did some activity like dodge-ball with no explanation about the benefits of proper form or WHY we did any of it.

It isn't rocket science to see why we are fat. It's even been proven that if you have kids while obese, your kids are genetically pre-disposed to also be fat continuing the cycle. You have to be determined and active to move beyond that in order to stop the cycle. Willpower is a major factor, and most people have a very weak will.
    “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
    ― Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Too easy getting fast food as it's everywhere you go every freaking street. Pretty damn cheap too.
    Doesn't really matter unless you eat too much. Eating too much due to lack of self-control is why people are overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Arby's sounds flippin good right now... But, it has to be fresh. Like a hot roast beef sandwich. I like em plain actually but, with any of the choice sauces is fine too. I miss RAX though, was like Arby's but, WAY better. Ohio thing.

Arby's is expensive now.