Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean business is trying to make money/put some competition up? What a malicious practice. Capitalists are evil!
    Hey nice strawman, but the problem is they delayed 8.2, most likely.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Hey nice strawman, but the problem is they delayed 8.2, most likely.
    I just couldn't stop my self. Putting strawmans up not different for assuming something tho. Problem is you have no clue, most likely.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Those who pre-ordered FF's next expansion will get to play it as soon as the 28th, so it's really more like 3 days before.

    Smart move on Blizz's part, people still have to resub an entire month just to keep themselves busy during these 3 days.
    They also needed to curb the hemorrhaging of subscription numbers and MAU's in time for the Q2 financial reports.

  4. #264
    Why all the hype for a patch that will most likely be buggy to fuck? I mean, they will literally be testing until the 11th hour to try to get rid of as many as possible, rather than wait a month or so to make sure it is as clean and tested as can be, and they will fail to the most part. Will be an unbalanced mess, as it usual for recent Blizz patch work.
    The release date is absolutely nothing to do with FF14 new expansion release that has swallowed a load of their subs already. No, sirree.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Hey nice strawman, but the problem is they delayed 8.2, most likely.
    Are you for real?

    They are still testing the damn raids from June 21st-24th, one day before release. That is not a delayed product, that is one that has been pushed forward.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Why all the hype for a patch that will most likely be buggy to fuck? I mean, they will literally be testing until the 11th hour to try to get rid of as many as possible, rather than wait a month or so to make sure it is as clean and tested as can be, and they will fail to the most part. Will be an unbalanced mess, as it usual for recent Blizz patch work.
    The release date is absolutely nothing to do with FF14 new expansion release that has swallowed a load of their subs already. No, sirree.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Are you for real?

    They are still testing the damn raids from June 21st-24th, one day before release. That is not a delayed product, that is one that has been pushed forward.
    Well wtf took them so long? We've known about it for half a year.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Well wtf took them so long? We've known about it for half a year.
    It does take more than 6 months to code something you know? They usually start making expansions when they release the current one. There are differing teams, also management and direction changes, the need to add/remove things depending on player feedback and such. All this takes a LOT of time. Heck designing the art assets alone and receiving approval most likely takes 6 months alone. The bigger the company, the more sluggish it becomes.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    I hate only lazy game developers too set in their ways, failing to innovate, failing to listen, failing to make FUN experiences that don't involve beating your head against the ceiling. I hated the "BiS gear system" and I loath Classic because of it. That system is highly elitist and does nothing to solve the problem. The gear that was "BiS" was still made trivial when the next expansion released instead of being improvable with crafting and time.

    "Progressing gear and becoming stronger..." is enjoyable so long as the gear is meaningful, worthwhile, non-trivial, which the gear in this game is not. There's nothing to customize, nothing to add, nothing of substance in the gear at all besides trivial little bumps to "trivial main-stat, trivial health-stat, trivial secondary stat 1, trivial secondary stat 2" Not everyone wants to do the same exact thing, let alone week after week, month after month. There are far better systems that could be implemented.

    Seasons is a terrible system for an RPG of any kind. Making everything you just got meaningless because the next "season" has higher stats is not quality, it's not innovative and it disregards all the work you did for the gear you managed to get at the time. That's a terrible system.

    Your entire argument is rage at the simple truth that WoW current and WoW Classic are just made of a vertical one-track progression system and a few facebook games that are just easy-to-make, low-effort, easily maintained systems put in place by a company that suffers greatly from the George Lucas Effect.
    ah so you want a system that has never existed in WoW!....

  8. #268
    8.2 will flop just as hard as the rest of BFA
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Eq and runescape never really had huge playerbases, but they didn't fade anywhere. Eq and runescape are still kicking. Even ffxi which is extremely extremely niche is still turning profit
    Forgive me - *huge compared to what they are now. How many people do you suppose left EQ or RS because WoW came out?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    8.2 will flop just as hard as the rest of BFA
    Maybe - maybe not. Ion (and thus, Blizzard) finally acknowledging how poor some aspects of the game have become is promising for 9.0 at least

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The only reason Thrall lost was because Garrosh twisted the elementals for miles around so Thrall couldn't use his powers. (Although you would have thought Thrall would have realized that after raiding all of Orgrimmar to reach that point but whatever.)
    Plus Garrosh in SoO was sha empowered, pretty much giving him demi-god level powers

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    I bet there are tens of people that will be ecstatic about that.
    This. Junker Gnomes are such a weird choice - yes, they're cooler than normal gnomes. But that's not gonna make people who don't play gnomes play gnomes. Just seems like a lot of wasted effort

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, why are we comparing 8.2 to Shadowbringers when 8.2 is a patch and Shadowbringers is a whole expansion?

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Forgive me - *huge compared to what they are now. How many people do you suppose left EQ or RS because WoW came out?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Maybe - maybe not. Ion (and thus, Blizzard) finally acknowledging how poor some aspects of the game have become is promising for 9.0 at least

    - - - Updated - - -



    Plus Garrosh in SoO was sha empowered, pretty much giving him demi-god level powers

    - - - Updated - - -



    This. Junker Gnomes are such a weird choice - yes, they're cooler than normal gnomes. But that's not gonna make people who don't play gnomes play gnomes. Just seems like a lot of wasted effort

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, why are we comparing 8.2 to Shadowbringers when 8.2 is a patch and Shadowbringers is a whole expansion?
    Runescape is a weird one, with it's release of old school runescape and the mobile release it may actually be more popular now.

    But eq did lose people to wow, it was more casual so it picked up the casual eq players who didn't have time to camp 24/7

  11. #271
    Class changes make me miss mop

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    Money on Mechagon is there to setup the Mechgnome as allied race.
    When I was still playing, I wanted Saberon to be a allies race with the Alliance while Horde gets Vulpera. Instead they think amputee gnomes was a better choice for the 0.2% of fans that wanted them.

    At least I can play a big cat-man race in FFXIV.
    Allies Race Wishlist:
    HORDE: Vulpera, Vrykul of Northrend
    ALLIANCE: Saberon, Vrykul of Stormheim
    Fantasy Allies Races: Oni Orc (De-Fel Red Orc), Mistborn Human (Asian heritage Human)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •