Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Patch 8.2 PTR - Build 30827: Release Candidate

    Patch 8.2 PTR - Build 30827: Release Candidate
    A new build is on the way to the PTR!


  2. #2
    Patch 8.2, the pressure is on.

  3. #3
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    5
    That's basically a slap to the face to all the people that have been waiting for an invite to play the beta.

    All of a sudden we see that we can select the beta/stress test client ONLY to know that it's because it will make it easier to uninstall. Well... it actually made me want to uninstall it just by knowing I can't still play it, that's for sure xD

  4. #4
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    13,403
    Release the fucking patch I need shit to do.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Release the fucking patch I need shit to do.
    Eat more fibre dude ....

    Boycotting Blizzard is like a lactose intolerant person boycotting milk purchases to protest about cruelty to cows, then eating his hamburger whilst doing so.
    If you want to protest against China - then do something meaningful and protest against China

  6. #6
    that hotfix was my bad Aliok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oregon, U.S.A.
    Posts
    852
    I am happy about the loosening of transmogrification rules... but it is not enough to make me forget about nuking the water-walking from my water-strider mount, Blizzard! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

  7. #7
    The 25th it is!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    The 25th it is!
    I could be wrong but imo if they were releasing it the 25th they would have had an announcement already. My bet is the 8th of july because they wont release it during the 4th of july week. Works for me gives me time to try out ffxiv's new expansion before I decide whether or not to come back for 8.2.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    I am happy about the loosening of transmogrification rules... but it is not enough to make me forget about nuking the water-walking from my water-strider mount, Blizzard! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Just use the water walking item you'll get?

  10. #10
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    19,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    I am happy about the loosening of transmogrification rules... but it is not enough to make me forget about nuking the water-walking from my water-strider mount, Blizzard! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    except you will have water walking equipment in your mail...
    that will allow you to give the mount and all other mounts water walking...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    I could be wrong but imo if they were releasing it the 25th they would have had an announcement already. My bet is the 8th of july because they wont release it during the 4th of july week. Works for me gives me time to try out ffxiv's new expansion before I decide whether or not to come back for 8.2.
    they announced 7.2's release date only 5 days before it went live
    7.3 was only 6 days

    so nah, it still may be the 25th.

    the 8th of july is way too late.

  11. #11
    Next week maybe...

  12. #12

  13. #13
    High Overlord Xanadrienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Across the street from Gnomeregan
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Just use the water walking item you'll get?
    Not even close to the point. The water striders had exactly one thing going for them, one rare and very useful quality that made them worth working to get: built-in water walking. Now, that's going away, that special characteristic. Now they'll be indistinguishable from any other mount, and all because people have been too damned lazy to either swap mounts as needed, or to use elixirs, etc. to gain water walking on the mount of their choice.

    That out of the way, what's the chance of 8.2 arriving as early as the 18th?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    I could be wrong but imo if they were releasing it the 25th they would have had an announcement already. My bet is the 8th of july because they wont release it during the 4th of july week. Works for me gives me time to try out ffxiv's new expansion before I decide whether or not to come back for 8.2.
    This is exactly why they will launch the patch the week of the 25th. Blizzard LOVES to push updates the same time their competition releases them. They will want to fight the FFXIV Shadowbringers early access with an 8.2 launch.

    Otherwise they're looking at July 2nd which is a no-go because you wouldn't have much staff around that week to fix any potential issues. Waiting until the 8th gives FFXIV too much time to get attention.

    It's totally going to be the 25th.

    Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadrienne View Post
    Not even close to the point. The water striders had exactly one thing going for them, one rare and very useful quality that made them worth working to get: built-in water walking. Now, that's going away, that special characteristic. Now they'll be indistinguishable from any other mount, and all because people have been too damned lazy to either swap mounts as needed, or to use elixirs, etc. to gain water walking on the mount of their choice.

    That out of the way, what's the chance of 8.2 arriving as early as the 18th?
    So? Then don't get them, if looks mean nothing to you. They look different, so they are still distinguishable from other mounts.
    And don't worry; you can attach the water walking item to all your mounts but still keep changing to the old water walking mounts whenever you want to run over a patch of water. Enjoy <3

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Release the fucking patch I need shit to do.
    Yes, and then you will be back again in about a months time whining for more content. There are more pets and mounts in this patch, than actual content. Might want to pace yourself this time around.

  17. #17
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    13,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    Yes, and then you will be back again in about a months time whining for more content. There are more pets and mounts in this patch, than actual content. Might want to pace yourself this time around.
    I do mythic, im just done and over with bfd.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    I am happy about the loosening of transmogrification rules... but it is not enough to make me forget about nuking the water-walking from my water-strider mount, Blizzard! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    whats this about loosening Tmog rules?

    I don't seem to remember it.

    Also people seem to be forgetting...

    WE CAN FLY IN THIS PATCH.

    F. L. Y.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I had BfA Alpha. Then I had BfA Beta. Now I has BfA. Meh
    No Classic Beta. Even if I got it I probably wouldn't play.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    WE CAN FLY IN THIS PATCH.

    F. L. Y.
    Yup we can fly, but we don't need go anywhere.

  20. #20
    Too little, too late. Even after the patch you cannot fly for 3-4 weeks and it will be a daily grind to earn it... I should use that 3-4 weeks to rest and enjoy the summer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •