Here is why vanilla raids still hold the warmest of places in my heart.

Edit: Well fuck you guys then. I'm not sharing a great time and a bit of fun with a bunch of bitter losers.

This "community" here could really learn a lot from that around Factorio. No toxic bitches, most importantly. Suck my dick.
    Last edited by Medium9; 2019-06-18 at 07:53 PM.

And what does this have to do with vanilla ?

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    40 people presumably.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Ok you have some nostalgia about Vanilla? So do we all or anyone who played in Vanilla. Not sure why this needs some sort of post.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    40 people presumably.
    This was in vanilla times.

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    Ok you have some nostalgia about Vanilla? So do we all or anyone who played in Vanilla. Not sure why this needs some sort of post.
    Since few actually have gotten around to even doing AQ40 and experience the joy that can come off this amount of work and practice, I felt like showing a piece of it. I just re-discovered this video and was incredibly happy about it. Will you let me have that, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Will you let me have that, please?
    It's no different than Mythic raiding in current WoW though other than the raid size, and the raids are significantly easier.

I mean, yeah, AQ40 was a great themed raid and fantastic for the time. But it didn't require more practice and work than current challenging Mythic raid content.

It's great that you were there and got a server first, but the reason that this video makes you happy is literally because you did that. If you'd killed Heroic LK for a server first you'd feel the same about a video showing that. Vanilla really has little to do with it.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2019-06-18 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's no different than Mythic raiding in current WoW though other than the raid size, and the raids are significantly easier.

I mean, yeah, AQ40 was a great themed raid and fantastic for the time. But it didn't require more practice and work than current challenging Mythic raid content.
    To my experience, it is infinitely easier to manage a group of 25 people to function like clock work than 40. I've fairly hard core raided up to near end of WotLK, and nothing ever felt as demanding and rewarding as the 40s.

To my experience, it is infinitely easier to manage a group of 25 people to function like clock work than 40. I've fairly hard core raided up to near end of WotLK, and nothing ever felt as demanding and rewarding as the 40s.
    It's easier to manage 25 people than 40 - yes. Raids have gotten dramatically, exponentially, astronomically more difficult since Vanilla - yes. Getting 40 people to do something together can be hard, but the things that we had to get them to do were simple. Vanilla raids were more demanding in terms of pre-raid time/effort/commitment but not in terms of raid time/effort/commitment.

If you haven't been raiding Mythic then you actually don't have anything current to compare your Vanilla experience to. I find it more plausible that you feel the most reward from your early raiding experiences because raiding was fresh to you, high-end raiding wasn't accessible to most of the playerbase, and mostly because that's where you found your earliest/best success (server first).

That's just my fresh take though.

Just sounds like narcissism to me, you like it because youre part of it.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

This was in vanilla times.

Since few actually have gotten around to even doing AQ40 and experience the joy that can come off this amount of work and practice, I felt like showing a piece of it. I just re-discovered this video and was incredibly happy about it. Will you let me have that, please?
    I mean I also played vanilla and cleared AQ40 with the same guild for 3 years. We managed to get halfway through Naxx when BC was releasing. I am going to be playing classic with a lot of those same Vanilla people and raiding again. I understand where you are coming from, but this is kind of like a facebook post sharing a 15 year memory and wanting people to like it. I don't really think it's constructive at all that will warrant any kind of discussion other than be a circle jerk for classic vs retail debate.

Well that escalated quickly..

And....Thread is over xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Edit: Well fuck you guys then. I'm not sharing a great time and a bit of fun with a bunch of bitter losers.

This "community" here could really learn a lot from that around Factorio. No toxic bitches, most importantly. Suck my dick.
    well thats not toxic at all is it.
    Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    "Do you guys not have phones?"
    "You think you do, but you don't"

You are pretty obviously a portion of that toxicity. This is like calling news you don't like fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    well thats not toxic at all is it.
    You reap what you sow.

Not sure what this started as, but it's not going anywhere constructive now. Closing.