Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shortly before 8.2, only 13/100 Alliance cleaned CoS

and 100/100 for the horde

which prevents the alliance to play cross server as it was intended, and the majority of the guild feat of strength to be delivered worldwide

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...ction=ALLIANCE

I don't know about you but to me it feels like something is terribly wrong or broken, what are you thoughts?
    Last edited by Cæli; 2019-06-24 at 05:54 PM.

Nothing wrong or broken, Alliance raiding has been dead for a few expansions now.

We are at a point where the faction war needs to be tossed out and let guilds do cross faction raiding.

Or it will just keep getting worse

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This was already mentioned weeks ago and blue answer was pretty much "essences will help, other than that, we don't care". CoS difficulty being far too high is one thing - even Cabal is an absolute beast, despite some people claiming that they were "completely crushed" by nerfs. The rewards are not worth the effort at all and having the CE only available for 3 months is a joke as well.

Still, even nerfing the place wouldn't help with this particular issue. Top level raiding is completely broken faction wide and it won't get better without any drastic changes. Sure, racials have finally become balanced (more or less... ignoring Zandalari Trolls for Jaina), but that was far too late. The recruitment base is firmly on the Horde side and anyone going Alliance is shooting themselves in the foot. If Blizzard actually cared, they'd offer some free faction changes (Horde-> Alliance only)... or just allow cross faction raiding entirely. They already did that for PvP, no reason not to have the same in PvE.

Otherwise, "top 100 Alliance" will be roughly top 600 world... or worse. Bonus titles clearly aren't worth the additional issues with recruitment, which can be problematic enough on the Horde side. And Blizzard prety much going "welp, sucks but who cares" isn't helping things.

Myself, I really hope for cross faction raiding. I had to switch to Horde back in WoD in order to keep the guild alive. Going back to Alliance, no matter how much I'd want it, would be a suicide at this point. Really doubt it will happen, but oh well, one can dream.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    It's a result of a cascade effect that's been overlooked for several expansions...

only way to "fix" it, would be giving stupidly overpowered racials to the Alliance for like 2 expansions

It really should be a huge warning sign, and presenting that data to the players to see is really not such a great move.

Sure there is a massive unbalance in factions, yet there are more than enough players on alliance said that actively raid. 21% of heroic CoS logs on warcraftlogs are alliance. Now it's always the argument that the best players switched to horde long ago. But does a raid make sense when you need the best 1% out of the 1% that can actually beat it?

That means that the raid is vastly overtuned, that it's simply not worth the effort, raiding is in steep decline overall, or a combination of that all. But is actually someone wondering when you can get very close rewards as mythic raiding from doing 5 player dungeons, and then to even make the problem worse which was still rather controlled in Legion by class sets by removing those?

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post

which prevents the alliance to play cross server as it was intended

I don't know about you but to me it feels like something is terribly wrong or broken, what are you thoughts?
    Blizzard said they are opening cross realm

The lack of progress is mostly due to a lack of interest

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    It's a result of a cascade effect that's been overlooked for several expansions...

only way to "fix" it, would be giving stupidly overpowered racials to the Alliance for like 2 expansions
    Or make it possible to group up between factions.

This can be achieved through a simple removal of the barrier, or through some other cool freature/interface/plot device.

Maybe they just don't like to clean?

"Every time I clap my hands, an Alliance guild switches to Horde."

I mean if you cant get 100 guilds to clear mythic CoS your not going to clear it with a cross realm mythic pug ether.
    Besides its not really broken its just how its always been since pretty much forever or at least TBC as that was when horde got paladins and alliance got shamans thus removing any real reason of playing one faction over another and even when that was not the case most top guilds where still horde.

Its less than 1% it makes no difference to most people.

It is rough on the alliance side if you have to pug anything. Thanks to the new allied race rep requirements several alliance players awitched on our server to get their honorbound rep carry over and wait the 3 days to switch back. When they saw how much easier and faster it was to run mythic 10s and higher 2 guilds switched over to hirde and causing a wave of individual players to follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The only solution is cross-faction raiding (which would also require cross faction guilds tbh).
    Guilds are a neglected feature right now and I am sure Blizzard would much rather push the community feature even more on people dealing with cross faction.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The lesson learned from this should be to unlock cross-server raiding for everybody when a total of 100 guilds of either faction finishes mythic in their region.

I'd be fine with cross-faction guilds and raiding/mythic+ too. Only thing that shouldn't be cross-faction is PvP. The factions should remain unfriendly in the lore, but impact on gameplay is becoming too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Nothing wrong or broken, Alliance raiding has been dead for a few expansions now.
    Pretty sure that's the exact definition of something being wrong or broken, when Blizzard wants to make expansions about faction wars yet leaves one faction limping behind.

The Alliance is too busy being amazing to clean. The Horde just has more time free.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Nothing will ever solve the faction imbalance. The only way to fix it is to get rid of it and allow cross faction play.

Edit: in fact, I'd be surprised if cross faction (at least instanced) PvE isn't a feature of the next expansion.
    Last edited by seleri; 2019-06-24 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The lesson learned from this should be to unlock cross-server raiding for everybody when a total of 100 guilds of either faction finishes mythic in their region.

I'd be fine with cross-faction guilds and raiding/mythic+ too. Only thing that shouldn't be cross-faction is PvP. The factions should remain unfriendly in the lore, but impact on gameplay is becoming too high.
    i mean PvP is already cross faction with the mercenary system that is currently in the game and arenas are completely unrelated to faction all together.

I have never seen the point of the horde and alliance needing to be against each other from a pure game play stand point and honestly besides blizzard who REALLY cares about factions at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to think most (but not all, like warfronts) PvE content should be faction agnostic. For instance, there is no reason whatsoever why I shouldn't be able to run a dungeon with a horde buddy if I am alliance. Likewise, I would say the same for raiding - as this thread shows. That would also fix a large portion of racial-faction issues instantly.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post

which prevents the alliance to play cross server as it was intended, and the majority of the guild feat of strength to be delivered worldwide

The real question, that none of us have the answer to, is how many Alliance guilds are even trying to do mythic CoS? Let's be honest here, CoS is actually rather boring, and doesn't even have a dungeon's worth of content in it (it's just tweaked to be a raid so Blizz can get credit for putting out a 3rd raid).

If, the answer is, say, 20 of them, then there really isn't an issue, now is there? Again, this is "mythic CoS", not CoS as a whole.

The reality is that WoW has *far* fewer subs than Blizz wants to admit to. There is also a pretty large divide between factions regarding PvP and PvE...Alliance tends to be more heavily focused on PvP (due to past history of the human trait being OP for a couple of expansions), and Horde tends to be more heavily focused on PvE as a result.

And since, as mentioned, CoS isn't even a real raid, people just aren't that interested in general except those looking to max out their achievements.