Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Add Karma to RIO.

Let other people upvote or downvote other players and comment about the reasons.

You will have a troll every now and then. But people with >50 dislikes... Well, it says something.

Raider io has made it easier for me to get in groups than before.

Before raider io, if you played a shitty spec/class alt you really had next to no chance to get invited to pugs.

With raider io, you can easily get into 10s-15s while playing a shit class/spec if you have a high score. My raider io addon shows my main's score which is well over 2.5k and I rarely get declined from any 10-15s keys regardless of what I'm playing.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

i have to admit tracking the number of times a persona bailed and how long / how many wipes they stayed for would be interesting.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I remember one time we were doing motherlode 10, I saw a hunter with a high raider.io score and ilvl so I invited them. Right before we start he gets kicked from his guild. Whatever, stuff happens. We were doing fine until the 2nd boss where I, the tank died. Instant brez so we were fine, the hunter pulled reset the boss. Okay, whatever, mistakes happen. So we pull a second time and we wipe. The hunter reams us out for being bad and leaves. This is the guy that was the lowest of our dps in total, and the lowest on the adds on the second boss.

It's always a mixed bag and r.io can only try and be a soft guide.

Easiest way to prevent this is to talk beforehand with your group.

Ironically, after around 2k+ people become a lot better at communicating with each other in all regards. If it looks like we're not going to time a key most people will say "We're not making the timer, does anyone need this for completion?" because the pool is a little more limited and no one wants to burn bridges with people.

If that doesn't work, just buy a weekly run. You should be able to find a lot of people that are willing to sell a weekly +10.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    When I make my groups for the weekly 10 I don't actually look for people that are good, I mean I don't invite complete low ilvl dudes, but to me the most important thing when inviting someone is knowing whether he/she leaves the run or not. I can deal with a 1 hour run as long as I get my M10 done. So in that regard R.IO is pretty pointless for me. In fact, the higher the score the more likely it seems to be associated with the probability to leave the group after a wipe. I wish we would have an addon that shows who leaves how often. I would only invite people that leave less than 10% of the time.
    And what exactly makes you feel entitled to anybody's time?

All you seem to be looking for are some easy victims that you could leech off of - those poor losers who'd feel so morally pressured to stay in even the worst possible run they could imagine. And you seem to be farming those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    And what exactly makes you feel entitled to anybody's time?

All you seem to be looking for are some easy victims that you could leech off of - those poor losers who'd feel so morally pressured to stay in even the worst possible run they could imagine. And you seem to be farming those poor souls.
    Usually topping the meters with equal ilvl.

M10s are easy and don't require much effort in the first place if you know at least little about your class and dungeon.

There are people who want to push keys and then there are people who just want to complete one key for the weekly chest. Those people should not play together because they want different things. The important thing is to know expectations before starting the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    There are people who want to push keys and then there are people who just want to complete one key for the weekly chest. Those people should not play together because they want different things. The important thing is to know expectations before starting the run.
    Seems like a total non-issue because the two groups are not doing the same key ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    Why should people be penalized for not wanting to stay in hot garbage groups?
    It's a.

It's good on paper but horrendous in practice.

R.IO is quite toxic and promotes toxicty. OP is quite correct the higher the IO typically the more they leave groups. I've had a few 11-15s with pugs where someone makes one genuine mistake, isn't a fucked run, then someone rages and leaves and we've finished the stone as a 4 either out of time or seconds to spare

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Seems like a total non-issue because the two groups are not doing the same key ranges.
    They can overlap sad. For example, let's say a group for some reason have a +10 key that they want to push up to +16-18 in a few runs. Then they of course are not going to invite someone who just want to finish one key for the weekly chest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    It's a.

It's good on paper but horrendous in practice.

R.IO is quite toxic and promotes toxicty. OP is quite correct the higher the IO typically the more they leave groups. I've had a few 11-15s with pugs where someone makes one genuine mistake, isn't a fucked run, then someone rages and leaves and we've finished the stone as a 4 either out of time or seconds to spare
    I'd say PUG'ing in itself promotes toxicity. The fact that people play with random players that they are never going to see again allows them to behave very badly with no consequences. PUGs are really bad for the game. R.IO is a product of the popularity of PUGs.

Just dont invite people from Ragnaros and you will usually be okay

They can overlap sad. For example, let's say a group for some reason have a +10 key that they want to push up to +16-18 in a few runs. Then they of course are not going to invite someone who just want to finish one key for the weekly chest.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say PUG'ing in itself promotes toxicity. The fact that people play with random players that they are never going to see again allows them to behave very badly with no consequences. PUGs are really bad for the game. R.IO is a product of the popularity of PUGs.
    Again I highlight the good on paper but not in practice part.

I've been around for gearscore and I've been around for legion and BFA io, from my own personal exp people who use these add ons, especially the higher ups tend to be way more toxic than the average pugger

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Because maybe they're the ones that are hot garbage.
    Definitely disagree. I've never left a group after one wipe, but I also don't want to force people to be subjected to some of the garbage groups I've had to do. People should be free to leave if they want without a system of punishment.

Op comes in saying he's fine with a group that just slogs through the 10, so long as they get it done/ I hate those groups. I expect well oiled machines with very few mistakes made. it rarely works out that way, but that is my baseline expectation. Any time I've ever been in a slog group it's because someone doesn't know mechanics or their DPS is really bad, or the tank has no idea what route to take and what trash to skip.

People that have raged in a few of those slog groups I've been in have never been the offenders.

Stop trying to say good players should stick it out and carry bad players, because that is way worse to me than telling bad players they need to gitgud. Bad players are the burden here, not good players trying to avoid them.

- - - Updated - - -

PUGs are really bad for the game.
    Only bad if you really have an issue with toxicity. I like my early 2000s halo shit talking fests and gaming communities that shun new players. Makes my life easier because I can always guarantee competent teammates in highly toxic environments instead of having to make friends and coordinate play times. Also, shit talking is fun when it's an accepted part of the community. Just massive epeen everywhere. Makes me laugh to both witness it and participate.

Win/win for me if a game community is toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsatakar View Post
    Why should people be penalized for not wanting to stay in hot garbage groups?
    There should always be a penalty for being a complete douche in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    There should always be a penalty for being a complete douche in a video game.
    Then all those players who refuse to master a 15 year old game and inconvenience 4 other people with their incompetence should stop being a douche or enjoy their punishment.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Then all those players who refuse to master a 15 year old game and inconvenience 4 other people with their incompetence should stop being a douche or enjoy their punishment.
    Sure, just leave out the game is ever changing and designed with a social aspect to it.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I seem to have no problem adjusting every patch/xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I wish... But no. There are people doing chill in-time weekly +22s, and there are people pushing hard toward getting their hands on the first +10 key in their WoW career. We are all progressing through completely different key levels.

I am probably responsible for some stories about "boosted, trash high score players". Because when I want to complete a chill weekly key, I will apply for a random pug between +18 and +20. I will get instantly accepted for having a high score. And then I'll use the run to test some crazy ideas about my gear, traits, or playstyle. I will not be detrimental to the run, but I also won't try hard to time the key. The rest is history...
    Last edited by ID811717; 2019-07-03 at 10:23 PM.