View Poll Results: Which WOW version will you play?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic

129 39.21%
  • Retail

200 60.79%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skronk View Post
    yeah i get that, i just meant for those who like both really
    I may prefer classic style of mmorpg, but I’ve always said there’s enough wow for us all and a lot of people like the new arpg diablo 3 rpg lite version of wow.

It’s why I’m happy to go back to classic and leave retail for those who really enjoy that style of wow still; they deserve to have the wow they want as much as I do

I just kinda lost interest in the direction of wow midway through legion. I finished legion off but the game has become way too seasonal like d3; it’s now play the patch, not the expansion. There’s no ladder climb or beat A to b, B to C, etc. sure, guild poaching was a thing back then but I’d take that any day to have a real progression ladder to climb once again. One that get organic, and not artificial like m+ or 4 different tiers of the same raid. One size fits all wow

Been unsubscribed for the past 9 months, but if I were to come back, it would be for retail. As far as classic goes, I'd at most make a char, mess around till level 3 or so and be done. Not that I love retail, but I just don't see a point to classic. Stronger community, sure, but eh.

Retail.

I've played classic already 13 years ago. I started near the end of classic but I played enough of it where I don't feel the need to play it all over again. They were good times, had awesome experiences and from those experiences I've developed awesome memories. Playing classic isn't going to bring those memories back to life. I'll try it out of course just to see how it is but it's certainly not going to replace retail WoW.

I think it's all hype right now. I mean I could be wrong of course and if I am, fine whatever, but I think people are just excited that Blizzard actually made a Classic version of the game like people always wanted. For the longest time people have been praising Classic WoW to be the superior WoW when technically it isn't. I think people are only taking what they remember from back then and applying it to today as if they can relive those experiences that they remember having. Playing Classic WoW won't be the same experience you had 13-15 years ago so if people are thinking otherwise I predict they'll be a bit disappointed. I think its a honeymoon phase right now. Sure it'll be the hot new thing for a few months but sooner or later people are going to gradually get tired of it and flock back to retail. Thing is too, how long is it going to take before people ask for BC WoW? WotLK WoW? Cata WoW? Like how far are we going to take this?

I'm perfectly fine with retail WoW. BfA really isn't that bad as people make it out to be in my opinion. Some say it's the worst expansion ever which I think is totally ridiculous. Most of these comments too aren't followed up with a reason why either it's just "BfA sucks". I mean I'm not going to say it's perfect or even great but it's not that bad. I actually had more fun playing BfA than I did with Legion and I loved Legion.
    Last edited by Geminiwolf; 2019-06-22 at 01:53 PM.

Classic for sure. Just appeals way more to my preferences of how an MMORPG should play.

It's nice also having access to BFA on the same subscription, but I doubt I'll make much use of it.

I started playing wow sins day one. And i will play classic for sure. loved it back then, and did play for 2 years on a private server, and was just as fun as back then!
    Can't wait to get a blast for the 3 time! and finnaly get that kill on the last boss in Naxx

<3 CLASSIC <3

The latest expansion of course, why an earth would I want to play just one part of the game?
    What to do after I cleared Naxx?
    How to progress?

Granted, I will make a toon to Vanilla realms and fool around with it from time to time.
    But to play exclusively only Vanilla?
    I don't see any sense in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    When Classic is released and for the year after that which version of WOW will you play the most Classic or Retail?
    retail.

there is nothing in classic that would interest me.

been there done that never again .

Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I have zero fun in Retail while I can play for hours at a time in Classic when I have the chance to play for hours in one sitting.
    They are completely different games at this point and can hardly be compared. Retail is for players who prefer to drop-in-and-win for a couple of hours now and then, Classic is for old-school MMO*RPG* players.

I can say without a shred of sarcasm or irony that I've had more fun leveling a paladin to 30 on a private realm, than I've had so far in BFA (before I unsubbed). Somehow that, in an immersive RPG world, can be more fun in the longterm than action-hack-and-slash godmode leveling on retail, followed by getting all content slammed into your face for no effort or investment, pretending that spoonfeeding me unlosable content is enough to keep me hooked.

Classic is astonishingly good at making you want to do all those side-things and go out of your way to improve your character, slowly but steadily. Retail just puts you on a pre-determined rollercoaster, that is all about frontloaded weekly dopamine-rushes.

I'd rather play ARMA than CoD and it's the same thing when it comes to Classic or Retail.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-06-22 at 02:46 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The biggest challenge of WoW is designing for the many different audiences that play the game.
    Yeah, you're trying to satisfy players who doesn't even enjoy playing RPGs, and thus you're alienating those who do.

Both of course.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I have zero fun in Retail while I can play for hours at a time in Classic when I have the chance to play for hours in one sitting.
    They are completely different games at this point and can hardly be compared. Retail is for players who prefer to drop-in-and-win for a couple of hours now and then, Classic is for old-school MMO*RPG* players.

I can say without a shred of sarcasm or irony that I've had more fun leveling a paladin to 30 on a private realm, than I've had so far in BFA (before I unsubbed). Somehow that, in an immersive RPG world, can be more fun in the longterm than action-hack-and-slash godmode leveling on retail, followed by getting all content slammed into your face for no effort or investment, pretending that spoonfeeding me unlosable content is enough to keep me hooked.

Classic is astonishingly good at making you want to do all those side-things and go out of your way to improve your character, slowly but steadily. Retail just puts you on a pre-determined rollercoaster, that is all about frontloaded weekly dopamine-rushes.

I'd rather play ARMA than CoD and it's the same thing when it comes to Classic or Retail.
    Exactly. They are two different genres in a wow. Retail wow has more in common with diablo 3 and mobile titles than its Everquest roots.

It’s one size fits all wow, and that just doesn’t appeal to me.

I prefer an older mmorpg feel where my work and progression mattered, and I’m not just playing one season to the next like retails play the patch not the expac philosophy

Classic. Never going back to retail.

Classic, last 2-3 retail expansions ive played for 2-3 weeks after launch then getting boored the game is so garbage it really baffles me, luckily there are few good mmo's still to play before classic comes out like eve online and ultima online