Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is multiboxing cheating?

Hi guys,

I've come across some videos on multiboxing and I was wondering if this is considerated cheating by Blizzard. I've found information on this but it was from some time ago, so if you have some I'm curious to know.

I know that playing on an account of one of your friend isn't allowed by Blizzard so I want to know what is allowed when you have multiple account under your own name?

I'm also curious about having two account played at once but without addon (swithing widows manualy)?

This is not a thread to say how grate this is or to encourage this type of behavor, I just want to know Blizzard point of view on this.

Thx!

Blizz doesn't consider it cheating.

I've been doing it for 13 years. 2 accounts simultaneously.

Not against the Terms of Service (ToS). Legal.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can have multiple accounts under the same name, and even play on them simultaneously. I don't consider it cheating, unless you do world PVP. Then it's a bit unfair in my opinion.

There's many programs that send same keystrokes to all clients, but I don't think that's considered a 3rd party program.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Legally not, morally yes. You get an advantage over someone who is playing the intended way (1 PC + 1 Account).

It is cheating, yes... but Blizzard doesn't care, because they like getting the money from multiple accounts.

If it was up to me, I would not consider it cheating. You can not do anything more with multi-boxing than you can with getting a group of players together and acting for a common goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be banned, but you know... 5x 15 bucks, Blizzard won't say no to that.

If someone actively controlls multiple instances of the game, well no. However that's not how multiboxing works. Using software that sends the keystrokes to all clients is somewhat botting. Certainly not fair when someone uses 5 accounts and pretty much has 5x power with 1 set of controls. But cash is cash ...
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Yes, but it makes blizzard money so they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    If it was up to me, I would not consider it cheating. You can not do anything more with multi-boxing than you can with getting a group of players together and acting for a common goal.
    You can not do anyting more with botting than you can by playing yourself. Nice logic.
    Last edited by snackfeat; 2019-06-20 at 03:32 PM.

In general you can do less. Far less.

One person simply cannot play even 2 characters optimally much less 4 or 5 or 10.

On topic: no it's not "cheating" any more than playing with 1, 2, 3 or more slightly inept people would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not cheating and people complaining that they get nuked by a multiboxer in PvP is just funny and shows how completely inept they are at dealing with the situation.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Cheating? No

2 students have a test on friday. They will be given the book they have to study on wednesday. Student A decides not to wait until wednesday to recieve the book, so instead decides to buy the book on their own on Monday.

Student A has a 2 day advantage over student B. They both sit down for the test and answer without cheating.

Student A had an Economic advantage. He used it to properly study for the test. He didn't cheat on the test and held to all the rules and regulations
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2019-06-20 at 05:27 PM.

No, as long as your other characters aren't controlled by 3rd party software then it is within the boundaries of the rules.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    By the tos no it’s not cheating
    Kinda lame

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    Hi guys,

I've come across some videos on multiboxing and I was wondering if this is considerated cheating by Blizzard. I've found information on this but it was from some time ago, so if you have some I'm curious to know.

I know that playing on an account of one of your friend isn't allowed by Blizzard so I want to know what is allowed when you have multiple account under your own name?

I'm also curious about having two account played at once but without addon (swithing widows manualy)?

This is not a thread to say how grate this is or to encourage this type of behavor, I just want to know Blizzard point of view on this.

Thx!
    The complete answer is that technically, no, it is not cheating by multi-boxing. In reality, yes.

Blizz prefers to deal with the technical answer. You are good to do multi-boxing (and thus giving them more money) provided that you aren't using supplemental software to control the multiple characters. This means, theoretically, that you are either manually jumping between multiple computers, or actively alt-tabbing between each individual instance.

In reality, the vast, overwhelming majority of multi-boxers use supplemental software that lets them control the multiple characters simultaneously or via macro'd commands. If you are caught by Blizz, then you will get banned. However, it is pretty uncommon to see them get banned. Blizz will not take the word of reports at face value (no matter how much proof and detail you provide), so they will have to have a GM see the obvious first-hand or Blizz software has to detect the supplemental software.

the biggest multiboxer i have personally seen ever is
    a 40 man shaman raid in MoP, it was insane haha.. they used to come to the daily island with the dragon, and the bird and tiger bosses, and just own everyone haha

10+ Year Old Account
    not cheating and not against ToS

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

It ain't cheating but it sure as heck is the "game" equivalent of purchasing a Hummer. You've got the money to flex but you clearly are flexing for a reason.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

with resend introduction of how mines and herbs work, they get more than a group of players. a group of players are 5 players and 5 accounts, someone with 5 accounts can increase its farming game multiple 5 times.