View Poll Results: Trump 2020 prediction

Voters
68. This poll is closed
  • Outed for a better president.

44 64.71%
  • Stuck with him for another term.

24 35.29%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I feel like he's gonna lose just because of how he manages to get under so many people's skin but there's no way to know this far out. In June 2015, you were literally laughed out of a room if you said Trump would be elected president.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I feel like he's gonna lose just because of how he manages to get under so many people's skin but there's no way to know this far out. In June 2015, you were literally laughed out of a room if you said Trump would be elected president.
    Sadly I agree with this completely. If he loses it will probably be because so many people just want it to stop, not because of the countless actual legit reasons to not reelect him. He also could win, because his base doesn't care about anything he does, and the democrats keep underestimating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Sadly I agree with this completely. If he loses it will probably be because so many people just want it to stop, not because of the countless actual legit reasons to not reelect him. He also could win, because his base doesn't care about anything he does, and the democrats keep underestimating them.
    Yeah, they seem to be falling into the same complacency as last presidential election.

Let's hope there will be election meddling again, but this time from the EU, to ensure that he stands no chance to get reelected.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I feel like I'd be a good president.

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Bullshit. The word concentration camp is always linked to persecution and systematic genocide of the jews. Stop lying Jensen
    No it isn't. Concentration camps existed since well before the Nazis. For a start, take a look at the activities of the Brits in the Boer War. There are plenty of other examples.

Anyone claiming concentration camps are exclusively a Nazi thing is absolutely ignorant of world history.

7+ Year Old Account
    Given how little back bone the dems are showing and how corrupt the gov't seems to be in general, I'm expecting another 4yrs of Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another term... and it wouldn't shock me either. It'll suck for sure but I see 4 more years. Sorry America
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-06-19 at 10:03 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Granted polls this early are sort of pointless, but this one out today was interesting and a surprise.....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/poll-trump-2020-launch

The USA Today/Suffolk University survey showed 49 percent of Americans approving of the job Trump’s doing as president, with 48 percent giving him a thumbs down.

That’s a more positive showing for Trump compared with other recent polling of his presidential approval rating.

And in the new survey, 49 percent of voters predicted Trump would win re-election, with 38 percent pointing to a victory by the eventual Democratic presidential nominee. Further, the poll indicated that if the November 2020 general election were held today, the president would narrowly edge an unnamed Democratic nominee -- 40-37 percent, with 9 percent supporting an unnamed third-party candidate and 14 percent undecided.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I voted for him winning. While he definitely should not win, for a myriad of reasons, there are a ton of stupid people out there and I'm sure they will be swayed yet again by his promises of the promised land while he continues to steal from them in every way possible.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Well, as said...never underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups.

Right now I would say Trump's chances of winning re-election are 65-35. I remember posting back in 2015 that the Republican should win 2016 easily and Trump was one of their "better" bets. Now Trump has a nice frothy economic bubble to tout as a success. Unicorn start ups are getting 1999 level valuations on their "we'll be profitable by 2030 business models". Housing prices are through the roof. The stock market had a good 2017 and despite being relatively flat since, the US market is still one of the few good places for the wealthy to put their money and get a nice return. Although art speculation these days are fucking ridiculous. Now you could debate how much credit Trump should get for the economy or is Trump to the left of Obama when it comes to the economy but I don't think that's going to sway voters as Trump is president, the economy is now therefore it's Trump's economy. In the future when the bubble bursts each side can blame the other and we'll see who's version of history wins in the marketplace of history.

We need to ask ourselves 2 questions. Can Trump turn out voters? and Can Trump expand his voters?
    I'd argue yes on both. We saw in the midterms, more people voted Republican than in any other midterm in the history of the country. About 10 million more than the previous high. That's fucking unreal and we know Trump spent 2018 hitting the campaign trail pretty heavily for Republicans, but at the end of the day he wasn't on the ballot (OR was he?) and does that matter? Now despite Trump and the huge Republican surge in midterm voters, they still lost by over 9 million votes.
    As far as expanding his voter base we see time and time again that Trump explicitly tries to govern for "his people". Hell, even his supporters don't argue that Trump is trying to reach out to all Americans. We've also seen right-wing outreach methods like walkaway and blexit fail miserably. However, his biggest vote expansion will come from the "cuckservative" never-trumpers who claim they didn't vote for Trump in 2016 will vote for him in 2020. Since a lot of these people are coastal elites I doubt their vote will swing any electoral votes.

Lastly, the media in 2016 was collectively trying to help Trump get elected. From the New York Times to Morning Joe to the entire CNN network, they all worked tirelessly to reason with Trump's positions and rationalize Trump to the American public and make him a credible candidate. Now a large part of the blame should fall on Hillary. Instead of going on cable news and making headlines she hid and let Trump control the election narrative. I don't expect the media to learn from it's 2016 coverage, but hopefully whoever the Dem nominee will and won't repeat the same mistakes.

All this however doesn't take into account arguably the biggest factor in Trump's re-election chances which is his opponent. Since he doesn't have one right now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Jimmy Woods; 2019-06-20 at 12:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    That's because in June 2015, the man had a failed 2012 presidential bid that collapsed hilariously within a month, only to see Trump go on and board the birtherism train only to be humiliated by Obama at the WHCD. When he arrived in 2015, I laughed and expected a repeat of 2012. But then he kept winning . . .
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That's because in June 2015, the man had a failed 2012 presidential bid that collapsed hilariously within a month, only to see Trump go on and board the birtherism train only to be humiliated by Obama at the WHCD. When he arrived in 2015, I laughed and expected a repeat of 2012. But then he kept winning . . .
    It still doesn’t make any sense... The party that hates celebrity in politics, hates unions, hates coastal elites, hates globalization and hates the establishment... votes in a NYC oligarch, reality TV celebrity, that gets a pension from Screen Actors Guild, while having more business all over the world, than middle America. It’s like they voted in a guy, that’s the complete opposite of what they always claimed to want. For fuck’s sake, the guy wears more make up than Dr. Frank-N-Furter.

Last edited by Felya; 2019-06-20 at 02:11 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah, they seem to be falling into the same complacency as last presidential election.
    The funny part is, Trump's very own campaign is one of complacency.

"Keep America Great" as the slogan.
    He keeps attacking Hillary in his campaign speeches, as if it really matters.
    Uses hyperbole like "THE DEMOCRATS WANT TO DESTROY YOU, DESTROY THIS COUNTRY"
    And a bunch of other garbage about how everyone hates him and he's just fighting the coastal liberal elite swamp.

His campaign literally has NOTHING new other than a new cheap slogan. He's banking on his 2016 strategy, riling up the base to get out and vote, rather than expanding those who want to vote for him. This time, it's Trump acting like he's entitled to people's votes. What an ironic turn of events.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    So much can happen between now and then, it's much to early to say, but I will say that I think his chances are better now than I did a few months ago.
    Because Trump has so many more successes since a few months ago?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Is that because you now know that he's open to help from other states?
    @Dacien loves the corruption, it's her favorite part of Trump.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Which is retarded because "Make America Great Again" is still continuously used. Can't have the new one if you're still doing the old one
    It’s solid marketing. I don’t remember the last time Nike used ‘just do it’, but saying as much will remind many of Nike.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi