question about heirloom

i got all my heirlooms upgraded to 110 (only cloth and plate up to 120), but after leveled 2 chars to 120 using full heirlooms i saw that using head/shoulder/chest heirlooms make things harder, and the last one (pally) from 115 and on i decided to only put thoses heirloom for turning in quests (getting extra xp) and used azerite for killing mobs.. had leveled lock and war with full heirlooms and made it super hard to kill mobs, and if u get 3+ mobs on you, u prolly get dead.

leveling right now a rogue, and i am going to do the stuff to swap for heirlooms just for turn in..

my question is: if i dont upgrade chest/shoulder/head for 120 (let it 110) i know that the stats wont go up, but can i still get the 10% xp from the gear for turn ins or i need to upgrade it?

You need to upgrade it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    i got all my heirlooms upgraded to 110 (only cloth and plate up to 120), but after leveled 2 chars to 120 using full heirlooms i saw that using head/shoulder/chest heirlooms make things harder, and the last one (pally) from 115 and on i decided to only put thoses heirloom for turning in quests (getting extra xp) and used azerite for killing mobs.. had leveled lock and war with full heirlooms and made it super hard to kill mobs, and if u get 3+ mobs on you, u prolly get dead.

leveling right now a rogue, and i am going to do the stuff to swap for heirlooms just for turn in..

my question is: if i dont upgrade chest/shoulder/head for 120 (let it 110) i know that the stats wont go up, but can i still get the 10% xp from the gear for turn ins or i need to upgrade it?
    If you don't upgrade them you are correct they do not scale. Also they stop giving experience as soon as you ding their level cap, as soon as you dinged 110 in your case. So you went 5 levels using way weaker gear for no exp bonus, sorry to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If you don't upgrade them you are correct they do not scale. Also they stop giving experience as soon as you ding their level cap, as soon as you dinged 110 in your case. So you went 5 levels using way weaker gear for no exp bonus, sorry to tell you.
    in the case of pally the gear was upgraded.. i just wanted to know about it, if i dont upgraded i still get 10% xp for turning quests.