so frost dk and 8.2...

with 8.2 just a week away i was getting rdy to come back however im wondering if frost is viable with the new changes and azerite gear, so could someone who has played the ptr tell me what state were in?

Frost BoS got minor tweaks/nerfs and they didnt even manage to buff Icecap anough to have alternatives. Its the worst ST spec right now and it got no major gamebreaking buffs on the PTR.

There were no major balance tweaks before last raid tier and PTR is allready down, I guess thats all we got. Worst spec right now and we didnt get major buffs compared to other classes, so sure you can hope, but that didnt really helped much the last raid tiers?

You could ask in the DK discord for more feedback about PTR changes, but its hard to get neutral informations from the discord channels, since its heavy SPEC biased and if you just want to know what dominant spec we get next tier, its most likely you wont get a clear answer.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-06-19 at 12:19 PM.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    Icecap build will be so neck and neck with BoS that we can finally spec out of BoS. So yeah, the era of BoS only is over.

I'm even thinking of switching to Frost. I'm gonna try it out first before I fully commit to it though, just like in Legion.

thats awesome news if true, any ideas what essences are best atm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    So yeah, the era of BoS only is over.
    This alone is why I'm so hyped for 8.2 xD i hate BoS and would love to try something other then UH from time to time (UH's ok to me, and it even got buffed)

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught49 View Post
    any ideas what essences are best atm?
    They change them daily rn so best bet is to wait till thuesday i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught49 View Post
    thats awesome news if true, any ideas what essences are best atm?
    Without having tested these myself, I would run Icecap using something like this:

https://ptr.wowhead.com/heart-of-aze...ost/ABcDFgMcAw