Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR gold farming nerf to the ground incoming?

I just saw it and wonder, if this method is going to be nerfed later in 8.2?

10-12 hours to farm a token huh. I'd rather just buy the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Lol, you mean you don't get paid $1.25 an hour at work? Anybody that does something like this for sub time needs to unplug and join the world.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Why would it be? Its really not that overpowered in terms of making gold. And more importantly its not something that is repeatable, you can only do it once per week. Using 'gold per hour' as a measurement for non repeatable content is just click bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    ye . i really dont understand people who farm gold atm in game.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

I just saw it and wonder, if this method is going to be nerfed later in 8.2?
    Don't really want to turn up sound atm, could you tldr this?

Edit: I read the duration wrong, I definitely don't want to watch 20min for probably some basic tips.

Edit2: from a high-rated comment:
    Why is this a 20 minute video? It should just be two seconds of saying "do the old pre-legion raids and vendor the equipment that drops"
    This method was used ever since we could run old raids easily.

Having more options, more raids, multiple difficulties later on sure helped, but inflation more than compensated that.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-06-25 at 11:48 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Why? That is really not that much gold/h.
    Go get a job.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Lol, you mean you don't get paid $1.25 an hour at work? Anybody that does something like this for sub time needs to unplug and join the world.
    I do, but I don' play WoW at work. My work time =/= my wow time, so regardless I would NOT have earned that money in that time. My money goes on food, clothes, travel, holidays etc, and I find gold farming relaxing in my spare time, so tell me - what does some false equivalence have to do with it?

@OP to stay on topic, it will get nerfed I'm sure because they WANT us to buy tokens lol.

Ok, why would anyone need a 20 min youtube "guide" to kill LFR bosses? It's not like this is something new. Watched about 2 minutes, and got tired of his voice.

I don't see it being nerfed to be honest, but then again Blizzard hates us doing something they don't want us doing. So they might do it, as they did last time they nerfed raw gold drop in raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    some folks prefer to play the game the way it originally was instead of buying gold. in 2007-2009 when susanexpress was dropping dead orcs in org in the shape of their logo, people were trying to tell folks that blizz was the owner of the company and that they sold gold "on the side" and that if it went well, people would be buying gold straight from blizz one day

and then it happened

it's just not an OK mechanic for a lot of people. you can't compare playing a game to working since they're only teh same thing if you're a chinese gold farmer.

Can't have sound at work, but why is outdated lfr better than farming outdated normal/heroic/mythic raids?

so exploiting LFR means now legitimately soloing them?
    whats new?

i feel sry for this guy, couldnt endure more than 2 min skip, cuz boring. wasting an hour for 12kg... blizzney already nerfed Legacy Gold reward (somewhere 7.x), so this "exploit" is working as intended (so no nerf inc). cuz farming is far more lucrative ROI, esp. with 8.2 crafts and the classics (mounts, supplies).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Can't have sound at work, but why is outdated lfr better than farming outdated normal/heroic/mythic raids?
    Faster to plow through and fewer mechanics to keep track of for those few bosses that have mechanics that remain a threat at level cap (like Elegon's floor disappearing).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I have tried this now and then, farming old raids and stuff, but always end up stopping real quick. After I watched this earlier I tried again, but it's just boring. I guess I just do old raids for tmog and mounts, and the gold is extra bonus really. The sets from lfr WoD looks so shite anyway lol. In the end this is an ok way to get extra gold while doing it for other stuff. Gold-farming of the old raids before the gold from bosses was nerfed, that was good.

When I want gold, I farm herbs, make flasks and pots, make bracers on tailor and disenchant them after. Stuff like farming mats like we did in TBC when there wasn't really many raids to farm for gold

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been doing this weekly on multiple characters for quite some time, for the purpose of transmog farming. Getting a decent amount of gold is a bonus.

I agree making a 20 minute video on this is a bit silly when he could have just listed which LFR wings are most effective instead. For the novice players, he does give various tips throughout the video though, so that's a positive.

Has the LFR loot rules changed?

Seems like I tried this a year or so ago, but the bosses were still using personal loot rules even on MOP LFR bosses. It was better for me to just kill them on normal and sell all the loot that dropped.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Whole point of his video is to cherrypick specific LFR wings that basically ports you straight in front of a boss. Doing higher difficulty raids means you have to 1) get to the entrance on your own and 2) run through the whole instance, which ultimately lowers your raw gold/hour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    Has the LFR loot rules changed?

Seems like I tried this a year or so ago, but the bosses were still using personal loot rules even on MOP LFR bosses. It was better for me to just kill them on normal and sell all the loot that dropped.
    It's called legacy loot mode, and it comes into effect when you're 11+ levels above the instance you're doing. So today anything from before Legion will have legacy mode enabled, while Legion and BFA will not. It's not specific to LFR, this is the case for all instance raids/dungeons.

Seriously? wow.

Not really an effective farm method, i'd say... but to each its own, i guess.

As many stated, this amounts to 1$\hour, which is an abysmal value for the time spent.

Also, this absolutely doesn't warrant a 20m video, what the hell... "This video contains the fastest possible method of making raw gold". Sure buddy.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-06-25 at 12:55 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Seriously? wow.

Not really an effective farm method, i'd say... but to each its own, i guess.
    For raw gold/hour that doesn't involve using auction house, I'm not sure you're gonna find anything better. Though personally I'm still not a fan of it, I prefer finishing the wings even if it's gonna lower my gold/hour. It also has the issue that when you're finished, you can't repeat it that week on that character.

Farming old raids is decent gold gain, this isn't anything new. If you want some old tramsogs, then by all means, it's a very good activity. If you do it just for gold, not so much. If it was nerfed, I'd be suprised tbh.