Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Griefers are never fun...They just make you log off the game and wonder why the fuck you're paying a monthly bill.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Thing is, on a pvp server you still have all the endgame PVE content a PVE server has available, whereas you lose out on an entire aspect of the game in the form of world pvp, which makes me think PvP servers will be vastly more popular.
    soo we lose nothing ?

    world pvp was garbage since beggining - its all about high level loosers ganking low levels.

    90% of people will be on pve servers just wait and see

    normal people cba to deal with manchildren who didnt grow up in 15 years of game.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    soo we lose nothing ?

    world pvp was garbage since beggining - its all about high level loosers ganking low levels.

    90% of people will be on pve servers just wait and see

    normal people cba to deal with manchildren who didnt grow up in 15 years of game.
    Wow grieving is easy mode. There’s no so loss. No gear looting. No permadeath. It’s already as casual as can be.

    Pvp servers will dominate again

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    Being on a PvP server is fine, as long as you're lucky to pick the more populated faction on your server. Faction imbalances always get worse as time goes by, and the PvP environment accelerates any desertion.
    wow pvp in its essense

    either 10 vs 1 or 30 levels higher.

    thats pvp in most pvpers eyes.

    also why they whined so hard about legion pvp with templates where they had to do real pvp .

  5. #105
    I'd rather do PVP, but I'd want it to be a RP-PVP server. Always enjoyed those as they were the best of both worlds. Seeing people Roleplaying randomly and having the option to join in was always great. If there's no RP-PVP I think I would be torn between RP And PVP

  6. #106
    Legendary! Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    6,682
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    I was thinking about this yesterday, and I believe people will underestimate the popularity of PvE servers this time around in WoW Classic.

    The player base for Classic is getting older and doesn't have the time to spend getting ganked, camped, and other issues associated with a PvP server. They only have a few hours or so to play a day and don't want to spend half of it dead due to other players.

    I only had a couple hours a day to play back then, I still enjoyed being on a PvP server, it makes the game more interesting.


    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    we had fights going at tauren mill 24/7.
    How do people still think Tarren Mill is called Tauren Mill after all these years?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

    also why they whined so hard about legion pvp with templates where they had to do real pvp .
    No, Legion PvP templates removed all sense of progression and choice... They were the antithesis of what an RPG is supposed to be about, that's why people hated them... There were better ways to handle it, like what we have now where the gear you have is just scaled up, so at least you get to choose what stats you have. Normalization of Ilvl is all that is needed, there was no reason to strip the choice of what stat to stack away from people.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-06-21 at 06:51 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  7. #107
    I can really enjoy a good PvP game.
    WoW is not and has never been a good PvP game.
    It's a great PvE game though.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    How do people still think Tarren Mill is called Tauren Mill after all these years?
    It's a nickname referring specifically to ongoing faction fights. I don't actually think drood is a correct spelling either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  9. #109
    people think theyre gonna get rank13/14 gear if they play on a pvpserver but obviously its never gonna happen for 99% because thats how the system is designed.
    2-4 ppl can get it per week and theres ~52 weeks in a year so in a entire year, maybe 200ppl have gotten it. but fact is 90% of those grinding for it will quit at some point during the grind...
    naw, the secret 200iq play is going hard on a lowpop PvE server

  10. #110
    I will play on a PvE server. I don't care about world PvP at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Wow grieving is easy mode. There’s no so loss.
    You lose the most important thing in life: TIME.

  11. #111
    The latest stress test had 2 realms that were high pop and they were the pvp realms...

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyox View Post
    The latest stress test had 2 realms that were high pop and they were the pvp realms...
    and once the streamers lose interest they will be ghost towns

  13. #113
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    186
    I have only EVER played on PVE servers and have played for 15 years to a high level. Recently I tried some different classes out on a vanilla server that shall not be named which of course is a PVP realm. Honestly, it's not that bad at all. Ok I got ganked a couple of times by a high level player but most the time it was other ppl my level who were questing, sometimes they would engage, sometimes not, sometimes they would even help!

    The one time there was a level 60 in sun rock retreat killing everything, the world defense and local channels lit up and 2 60's came all the way from Org and kicked his ass. That was also a really fun experience and was what made me decide once and for all that this actually added a lot to the game.

    So after 15 years of PVE realms, in classic i will be finally playing on a PVP realm as i think it brings something new and exciting to the game and i have tested it extensively on a non-official server after initially being extremely sceptical.

    You guys need to see the light of a PVP realm imo, i hope you all give it a try as i found it to be really fun.

  14. #114
    It depends if you play rogue or not. Rogue is the easy mode on pvp servers.

  15. #115
    The vast majority who wants to play Classic, wants to experience the PvE content hence a PvE server is way more comfy.

    Not that the differense is that big, but leveling, ZG Isle and having shot at worldbosses alone, removes any reason to go PvP server.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I will play on a PvE server. I don't care about world PvP at all.

    - - - Updated - - -


    You lose the most important thing in life: TIME.
    Oh no. A five minute walk to a graveyard. Lol

    Try a pvp game with permadeath and full looting. Wow pvp is so soft already

    Try putting a thousand hours into a character and to lose them forever due to an internet dc

    Get on the 90s game level

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by stonebanks View Post
    and once the streamers lose interest they will be ghost towns
    I don't watch streams... I rolled cause of pvp... you seem to think everyone is like you and pays 5 dollars to watch grown men play video games.

  18. #118
    If it was up to me I'd 100% play on a PvE realm, my guild is going on a PvP realm though and that means I also have.
    It also means I'm not playing a healer anymore, I was going to play a healer for them but no way in hell I'm subjecting myself to being killed by absolutely everyone that wants to kill me. Probably going to end up playing Warrior or Rogue, like almost everyone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hardtofin View Post
    I have only EVER played on PVE servers and have played for 15 years to a high level. Recently I tried some different classes out on a vanilla server that shall not be named which of course is a PVP realm. Honestly, it's not that bad at all. Ok I got ganked a couple of times by a high level player but most the time it was other ppl my level who were questing, sometimes they would engage, sometimes not, sometimes they would even help!

    The one time there was a level 60 in sun rock retreat killing everything, the world defense and local channels lit up and 2 60's came all the way from Org and kicked his ass. That was also a really fun experience and was what made me decide once and for all that this actually added a lot to the game.

    So after 15 years of PVE realms, in classic i will be finally playing on a PVP realm as i think it brings something new and exciting to the game and i have tested it extensively on a non-official server after initially being extremely sceptical.

    You guys need to see the light of a PVP realm imo, i hope you all give it a try as i found it to be really fun.
    Did you reach Stranglethorn Vale while leveling? (30-40) I think I had 5 or 6 characters that I quit in that level bracket on my Vanilla account, all of them because I would get ganked and camped for an hour or two every sinlge day. Not world pvp as in 1vs1 between two closely leveled and geared characters, no. I'm talking full parties of level 60's in full epics who were farming low level characters for their sadistic pleasure... Oh and don't get me started at the rogues and hunters who take over inns and quest hubs (both alliance and horde side) in the 20-30 bracket, hopefully Blizzard will be quick and just with their ban hammer for griefers.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Did you reach Stranglethorn Vale while leveling? (30-40) I think I had 5 or 6 characters that I quit in that level bracket on my Vanilla account, all of them because I would get ganked and camped for an hour or two every sinlge day. Not world pvp as in 1vs1 between two closely leveled and geared characters, no. I'm talking full parties of level 60's in full epics who were farming low level characters for their sadistic pleasure... Oh and don't get me started at the rogues and hunters who take over inns and quest hubs (both alliance and horde side) in the 20-30 bracket, hopefully Blizzard will be quick and just with their ban hammer for griefers.
    STV is my favorite zone in Vanilla. I always get there as soon as possible and leave it only when mobs are green or grey. Love it

  20. #120
    High Overlord Xanadrienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Across the street from Gnomeregan
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Thing is, on a pvp server you still have all the endgame PVE content a PVE server has available, whereas you lose out on an entire aspect of the game in the form of world pvp, which makes me think PvP servers will be vastly more popular.
    You're skipping over the fact that there are a lot of people who utterly despise PvP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •