Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i dont really wanna call pve servers carebear but shoot. i mean really the world being actually dangerous from other players being able to kill you or even camp you is one of the things im looking forward to in classic.

its just a preference really but i cant imagine playing on a pve server.

PvE promotes friendliness. I hate it

Horde on PvP realms won't have much problem, as usual. The only time I would consider rolling Alliance on a PvP realm, would be to twink a rogue to gank Horde players questing :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    i dont really wanna call pve servers carebear but shoot. i mean really the world being actually dangerous from other players being able to kill you or even camp you is one of the things im looking forward to in classic.

Yeah, posts like this 99% of the time comes from Horde players that are used to always outnumbering the Alliance. Super "dangerous", sure...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Yeah, posts like this 99% of the time comes from Horde players that are used to always outnumbering the Alliance. Super "dangerous", sure...
    I'm rolling Alliance and I'll be ganking the shit out of people.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

There's disliking getting ganked and then there's being a little bitch about it. People that fit into the second category are your average PvE server citizen.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Thing is, on a pvp server you still have all the endgame PVE content a PVE server has available, whereas you lose out on an entire aspect of the game in the form of world pvp, which makes me think PvP servers will be vastly more popular.
    There was a surprising amount of world PvP on normal servers in Vanilla. It was just opt-in. It was almost impossible on a high pop server to be in an end-game area where someone wasn't flagged for PvP. The only difference when I leveled on a PvP server was that I got killed in STV a few times leveling and every now and then I'd come back from AFK while flying to find that someone ganked me. PvP end game is in battlegrounds / duels and that's still available on normal servers as well.

After a month or so when the novelty wears off I expect distribution will be pretty even.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post

It's not dangerous though. It's irksome at best. I started on PvE and ended up on PvP and it really wasn't any different. Oh no I've been killed by some bored random person. Okay now I rez from max range, mount instantly, and I'm dozens of yards away before little Timmy even notices. Unless they're a mage or warrior it isn't very likely that I'm going to get taken down. Timmy got his giggles and I was delayed to my actual content by about 2 minutes. Super fun and dangerous. Of course this all went out the window starting somewhere around BWL where I'd just turn around and 2-shot Timmy with my raid gear and continue on my way.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    There's disliking getting ganked and then there's being a little bitch about it. People that fit into the second category are your average PvE server citizen.
    Ah stereotypes. The average person who likes different things than me is defective.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2019-06-19 at 07:11 PM.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Im happy with people going PvE server who cant handle wPvP (in any form!) - as its always fun for them if they are the ones "winning". They should stick to carebear servers.
    Will be always there to point whinning bitchez who cry cause of being ganked or Horde/Ally killing them to go ====PVE=SERVER=THAT=WAY===>
    Cant handle opposing faction being able to kill you, roll PvE and be happy, enjoy the game and anyone who wants to focus on PvE aspect should stick to PvE server.
    On PvP server they will only suffer, so they better think twice before they go and roll on a PvP server, its a wild and dangerous world out there that is not for everyone.
    Oh look, another Horde player talking about "carebear servers" and such. Easy to say when you're playing on the easy mode side aka outnumbering the Alliance and having better racials for PvP Cute.

PVE gives you the choice .. thus its a solid win imo.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Originally I played on PvE server... because I didn't know what the hell it meant lol. When presented with PlayerVsEnvironment and PlayerVsPlayer options I assumed PvP is some style of Online Battle Arena server where people go just to fight other players. I thought - hell no, I want to experience the game not just clash agaisnt other players... so I picked PvE. They somehow worded it poorly - in fact PvP server is PvE server with ADDITION of PvP, I assumed its EITHER Environment OR Players. Oh well.

I think many people made similar mistake. Even if they were just scared as new players to jump into "PvP" version of world, expecting they are going to be crushed over and over again because they don't even know yet what the game is about.

Today, as experienced player, I feel like PvE server is just an incomplete version of the game. Like, what is even the point of factions if you can't attack each other? World is just artificially divided in two halfs, with each faction having access to 50% of quests, and 80% areas. You also can't group with opposite faction and raid/dungeon with them, so playerbase is also split in half. But there is no point in this split. Not without PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    There was a surprising amount of world PvP on normal servers in Vanilla. It was just opt-in. It was almost impossible on a high pop server to be in an end-game area where someone wasn't flagged for PvP. The only difference when I leveled on a PvP server was that I got killed in STV a few times leveling and every now and then I'd come back from AFK while flying to find that someone ganked me. PvP end game is in battlegrounds / duels and that's still available on normal servers as well.

After a month or so when the novelty wears off I expect distribution will be pretty even.

It's not dangerous though. It's irksome at best. I started on PvE and ended up on PvP and it really wasn't any different. Oh no I've been killed by some bored random person. Okay now I rez from max range, mount instantly, and I'm dozens of yards away before little Timmy even notices. Unless they're a mage or warrior it isn't very likely that I'm going to get taken down. Timmy got his giggles and I was delayed to my actual content by about 2 minutes. Super fun and dangerous. Of course this all went out the window starting somewhere around BWL where I'd just turn around and 2-shot Timmy with my raid gear and continue on my way.

Ah stereotypes. The average person who likes different things than me is defective.
    You're not defective. You're just being a little bitch that can't deal with the pressure of having your pixels owned by another human being. It's also clearly not a stereotype, just looking at the replies in this thread is enough to prove my point. The over the top exaggerations of not being able to play the game and gankers being anti social psychopaths, it's hilarious lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Im happy with people going PvE server who cant handle wPvP (in any form!) - as its always fun for them if they are the ones "winning". They should stick to carebear servers.
    Will be always there to point whinning bitchez who cry cause of being ganked or Horde/Ally killing them to go ====PVE=SERVER=THAT=WAY===>
    Cant handle opposing faction being able to kill you, roll PvE and be happy, enjoy the game and anyone who wants to focus on PvE aspect should stick to PvE server.
    On PvP server they will only suffer, so they better think twice before they go and roll on a PvP server, its a wild and dangerous world out there that is not for everyone.
    Ah yes, because as an expert player I am sure you are capable of fighting off a group of people so much higher level than you that you can't even hurt them. Then if they SOMEHOW manage to kill you, then you can magically escape when they decide to camp your corpse.

I have little issue with actual PvP, but from my experiences on PvP servers, I found little in the way of PvP fighting, just people stomping on other players so much lower than them it is like fighting a critter.

I remember playing a game for a while that set it up so that if you were more than 5 levels outside the zone's level range, then you could not initiate combat with other players in that zone. So if you wanted to attack another player there had to be at least a microscopic chance of that player winning. It DID allow for higher level players to stomp the lower level ones if the lower level was stupid enough to attack first. This way there were almost always other players to fight, but you did not have to deal with morons who had nothing better to do than to grief lower levels.

Seriously, tell me what the fun is in being slaughtered over and over again by a group of people 30-90 levels above you?

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Can you give a source for that? The last announcement I read they omitted pvp things from the phases all together.
    Source is official Blizzard forums on the Classic PvP Content Plan: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nt-plan/146049

It's not dangerous though. It's irksome at best. I started on PvE and ended up on PvP and it really wasn't any different. Oh no I've been killed by some bored random person. Okay now I rez from max range, mount instantly, and I'm dozens of yards away before little Timmy even notices. Unless they're a mage or warrior it isn't very likely that I'm going to get taken down.
    Do remember that in classic you CAN'T mount up at all until level 40, so you have to manage to run completely out of their sight before they notice you, or they will just mount up and catch you shortly thereafter while you try to run away on your poor little legs.
    This became much LESS of an issue after the minimum level for mounts was dropped to 20 since you only had a few levels where you would play in neutral areas before you could mount, but originally it was 20-25 levels of having people on fast mounts chasing you down while you tried to run away on foot.

it is dangerous though. the sheer fact that anyone of any level on the opposite faction can attack you at any time while youre out in the world is proof of that.

dont dismiss that like its nothing.

pve servers are an incomplete version of the game frankly put. theres 2 factions for a reason and a split between them .

and for the person saying im just another horde player , i will be playing both horde and alliance on classic on two different PVP servers. i in fact played alliance in vanilla when it came out on a pvp server. ner'zhul server ftw.

its not about horde or alliance . its about playing a complete version of the game.

camping is a small part of world pvp to be honest. especially at the start of a new server.

i just hope the people speaking in hyperbole about how "disgusting" pvp servers are just stay on their incomplete pve servers and be happy and enjoy classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvio View Post
    PvP servers will be vastly more popular than PvE servers.
    That has never, in the history of WoW, ever been true. And it's not going to change any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Most people won't be max level until the phases are mostly rolled out anyways, I may wait until March to play so that I can skip some of the shit I had already done in Vanilla, I am sure by then MC and BWL will be on farm for most guilds where they are easily able to clear them with 20-25 people and gear others up quickly.
    I kind of don't see that being the case, I don't think it'll take most people longer than a month or so to level (at least not the people who are actually going to stick around in vanilla). I personally don't think ill play at all until at least their phase 3 from what I'm seeing, phase 1 seems extremely boring if you don't raid..

I will roll on a pve server like I've always done. When I want to sit down for an hour and do some quests or farming, I don't want to spend 30 minutes of it ganking or being ganked by some person(s).

I like pvp and all but prefer it in a BG instead of open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    I will roll on a pve server like I've always done. When I want to sit down for an hour and do some quests or farming, I don't want to spend 30 minutes of it ganking or being ganked by some person(s).

I like pvp and all but prefer it in a BG instead of open world.
    and that is fine. i just dont want people getting on pvp servers going crazy posting about how someone ate their dog cause they rolled on a pvp server.

people overestimate the popularity of world pvp

My favorite servers since starting in 2005 have been the RP servers. I started on a pvp server (Spinebreaker) for years I played there but once I switched to RP servers the game got a lot more friendly and the server is a lot more populated (Wyrmrest Accord.)