Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    and that is fine. i just dont want people getting on pvp servers going crazy posting about how someone ate their dog cause they rolled on a pvp server.
    Oh people will just because people are dumb!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going for a PVE server for sure. Not going to be leveling ridiculously fast as don't have the time, don't fancy getting killed 24/7 by 60's that blitz leveling and have nothing better to do than gank low levels over and over.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You're not defective. You're just being a little bitch that can't deal with the pressure of having your pixels owned by another human being. It's also clearly not a stereotype, just looking at the replies in this thread is enough to prove my point. The over the top exaggerations of not being able to play the game and gankers being anti social psychopaths, it's hilarious lol
    I'm guessing you didn't actually read any of my post. I don't care if someone ganks me. Little Timmy gets his jollies from ganking me and I've lost 2 minutes of my time. Oh noes. I don't think PvP is a big deal either way. I understand why people would like to avoid it, but I myself don't care. When I play ARPGs I like to play Hardcore but I understand why the overwhelming majority of people do not and I don't think they're being "a little bitch." - I think they don't like a particular activity and don't want to engage in it and I can't fault them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    Do remember that in classic you CAN'T mount up at all until level 40, so you have to manage to run completely out of their sight before they notice you, or they will just mount up and catch you shortly thereafter while you try to run away on your poor little legs.
    This became much LESS of an issue after the minimum level for mounts was dropped to 20 since you only had a few levels where you would play in neutral areas before you could mount, but originally it was 20-25 levels of having people on fast mounts chasing you down while you tried to run away on foot.
    I'm not forgetting that mounts were at level 40. I leveled my second character on one of the biggest PvP servers at the time and I was only ganked a handful of times before level 40. It's when you get to higher level zones that things get interesting. It's even less dangerous and interesting when you're a lowbie because you can just go do something for 5 minutes and come back when your ganker has gotten bored, they don't tend to have huge attention spans tbh. It's not like at max level when you've got a group somewhere waiting on you to do something. Unless you're doing group content while leveling but then you've got other l2p issues going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    it is dangerous though. the sheer fact that anyone of any level on the opposite faction can attack you at any time while youre out in the world is proof of that.

dont dismiss that like its nothing.

pve servers are an incomplete version of the game frankly put. theres 2 factions for a reason and a split between them .

and for the person saying im just another horde player , i will be playing both horde and alliance on classic on two different PVP servers. i in fact played alliance in vanilla when it came out on a pvp server. ner'zhul server ftw.

its not about horde or alliance . its about playing a complete version of the game.

camping is a small part of world pvp to be honest. especially at the start of a new server.

i just hope the people speaking in hyperbole about how "disgusting" pvp servers are just stay on their incomplete pve servers and be happy and enjoy classic.
    It IS nothing though. If you're a lowbie and you're getting ganked you can go do something else for 5-10 minutes and your ganker will move on to find their next cheap thrill. At max level you just mount up and run off. It's an often romanticized but completely meaningless portion of the game. We did TM v SS for no rewards at all initially because that was the only PvP there was. Once we had a complete PvP system the amount of honor you'd get from world PvP was inconsequential and it wasn't worth doing anymore. It made for cheap thrills and cute highlight compilation videos and that's about it. Nobody is going to ruin your "complete" PvP experience , and you're not going to ruin anyone's PvE experience. You both have the exact same endgame content, but you get an added minigame that's about as meaningful as the average pre-order DLC.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I kind of don't see that being the case, I don't think it'll take most people longer than a month or so to level (at least not the people who are actually going to stick around in vanilla). I personally don't think ill play at all until at least their phase 3 from what I'm seeing, phase 1 seems extremely boring if you don't raid..
    With so many other games out there to spend time on it will be at least 3-6 months before I cap and I suspect the same for many others, there is no rush, but the people who do rush will give me a speedy gearing process down the road when I do focus more time on it.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

This depends, if that poll was ran in for example a mostly pserver community who generally only play on pvp servers (as there are not many, if any, PVE pservers) it might be very skewed just because of the community you ask.

I don't know if plans have changed, but i heard quite some streamers (asmon for example) being quoted they would go PVE to prevent Stream sniping and stuff like that. Stuff like that might skew towards PVE again as streamer fanboi's will roll on the streamer server.

It's not that I'm getting older and don't have time, it's just that I hate world PvP.

It's nice in concept, but in practice, 99.9% of "world pvp" is ganking. Nobody EVER attacks you unless you're at a disadvantage. It's always someone attacking you when you're fighting a mob, or if they're 8+ levels higher than you, or if they're in a group going around ganking everyone in sight. 1v1 fair fights almost NEVER happen.

I just want to collect my 10 bear asses in peace without 1000 undead rogues ganking me every 5 minutes.

Eh, i still prefer a pvp server, its so much fun when youre questing and you see that lone player and the thought crosses your mind..."should i do it?" And you do it and win, and the best part? No one to fly down and 1 shot you and fly away.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Thing is, on a pvp server you still have all the endgame PVE content a PVE server has available, whereas you lose out on an entire aspect of the game in the form of world pvp, which makes me think PvP servers will be vastly more popular.
    losing out on fucking bullshit ganking.. this time with even more engineering

yeah no thanks

Thing is, on a pvp server you still have all the endgame PVE content a PVE server has available, whereas you lose out on an entire aspect of the game in the form of world pvp, which makes me think PvP servers will be vastly more popular.
    There's nothing stopping me from joining a battleground on a PvE server, where it will actually be a fair fight and not just some shithead attacking me while I'm fighting a quest mob.

You're gonna see a black lotus spawn and you gonna go try to pick it. You're going to accidentally aggro a mob, and while you try to cc or kill the mob the opposing faction is going to steal that black lotus and you are going to be left emote spamming but no amounts of emotes will make up for the gold you just lost, and the feeling of being cucked cause you thought you had it figured out but you were wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can totally skip out on world PVP. If I want to flag up for city defense or go out hunting I'll do that. I'll be on a PVE server. Questing and other PVE stuff takes long enough. I don't want to be slowed down by some asshole who thinks it great to gank/camp lowbies. Fuck that. That's an aspect of the game I can do without.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

PvP was an infuriatingly annoying part of this game back during vanilla. It'll still be annoying today. Hard pass.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Being on a PvP server is fine, as long as you're lucky to pick the more populated faction on your server. Faction imbalances always get worse as time goes by, and the PvP environment accelerates any desertion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Having experienced the sheer autistic will of gankers on private servers nowadays I will be rolling on PvE.
    No way in hell i would go on a pvp server. gankfests are for 12 yr olds adults dont hve time for that nonsense. and what they call world pvp normal people just call waste of time and ganking.

Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    Being on a PvP server is fine, as long as you're lucky to pick the more populated faction on your server. Faction imbalances always get worse as time goes by, and the PvP environment accelerates any desertion.
    I played on a low population PvP realm back in Cata with a 1:5 population imbalance. I had to ask my friend with a Horde character to put things up on the neutral AH for me constantly. I couldn't find a raid group because everyone who raided seriously was on Horde. The only time Tol Barad was only owned by Alliance was on weekends, or during peak hours (6pm~) because 5 alliance would never queue. A raid group of Horde could practically own Stormwind.

I spent a lot of time getting ganked and camped while leveling. I absolutely see the appeal of not wanting to be on a PvP server. Faction imbalance is an inevitable part of it.

It seems most guilds recruiting are all rolling on PvP servers though.

Blizzard did not allow CAREBEARS from PvE servers to transfer to PvP servers for years, because no one like this cry-babys not even blizzard.

"I CANT PLAY THE GAME WHEN I HAVE TO DEAL WITH HUMAN PLAYERS!"

Good luck with your classic experience, soloing on a pve server and quitting before max level.
    -

That's all I played...solo on PVE server.
    I want to explore the world and the story without the kiddie ganks.

I think people underestimate how PVP servers will end up being just like private servers after launch, which is to say - shit. We are no longer in 2004, people will eventually hit max level by and large and then lowbies will be subjected to ganking 24/7 just like they were in 2006. Just like how they are now on private servers, and how they were before Warmode was introduced.

But we'll see how long it takes to reach that point.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I think people underestimate how PVP servers will end up being just like private servers after launch, which is to say - shit. We are no longer in 2004, people will eventually hit max level by and large and then lowbies will be subjected to ganking 24/7 just like they were in 2006. Just like how they are now on private servers, and how they were before Warmode was introduced.

But we'll see how long it takes to reach that point.
    I heard these stories how PvP servers are nightmare for lowbies, but for some weird reason, even after playing and alting for more than 13 years, I can't remember once, when I was abused to no end.

Was I killed by high level character? Of course, but if I was killed second time after rez by same character and I had no chance to fight back because of level difference, I just went to do something else. Fishing, farming crafting materials, doing different quest or just check AH for something interesting and when I returned in like 30 minutes, that guy was already somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    if that whole worldbuff meta ends up happening, why would you risk being on a pvp server?
    This is an excellent point, but I personally hope they don't allow world buffs in raid instances. It didn't become a thing on retail until Naxx and it was "fixed" with TBC. It was the meta on private servers, but I personally view it as an exploit that was just never recognized until the final hour Vanilla's time.

There will definitely be times where you lose all world buffs at the door to the raid from wpvp.