Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Why would you play the game on easy mode?
    lol graveyard runs are the new measure of difficulty?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll definitely roll pvp. I think spontaneous world pvp was a huge part of the world feeling alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    That has never, in the history of WoW, ever been true. And it's not going to change any time soon.
    Exactly this. And PvP-Realms are only in vogue because of streamer, but in reality, many people will rather play on a pve-server. As said before: PvP only happens when you attack someone with a big disadvantage or someone attacks you with a big disadvantage.

So no, PvE-Realms will be in my oppinion more popular than PvP-Realms.

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    I was thinking about this yesterday, and I believe people will underestimate the popularity of PvE servers this time around in WoW Classic.

The player base for Classic is getting older and doesn't have the time to spend getting ganked, camped, and other issues associated with a PvP server. They only have a few hours or so to play a day and don't want to spend half of it dead due to other players. Some will love and embrace the challenge but I think there will be a strong desire to play on a PvE server.

If you ever played the servers that should not be named, the PvP community is quite large and I could only find maybe 1 PvE only server. Most forums on those servers state that the want for a PvE server is very very small and not worth the effort to host.

In the essence of staying on topic, I believe that PvE servers will be very popular, and maybe to the point of being equal to PvP servers. What does everyone else think? Will it go the way of private servers and be 95% PvP or do you also think it will be roughly split down the middle?
    I'll be doing PVE server 2nd half as an alliance mage, they are always wanted and can level easy, make gold easy, get around easy and always wanted in groups.
    But first half of classic gonna be UD rogue ganker. Hype is build for pvp but your points are valid and many people will swing to them eventually.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    But first half of classic gonna be UD rogue ganker. Hype is build for pvp but your points are valid and many people will swing to them eventually.
    Will be fun when every Horde goes to a PvP-Realm and alliance go to PvE-Realms and you and 1000 other rogues can't do anything, because nobody is there to kill.

I doubt that on PvP-Realms there will be much more players; and except NPCs there are no allies in the game at all.

Only reason i played pvp servers was because my friends played on them. Never enjoyed pvp much in wow even though it was my jam in ultima online. Not much of a fan of rock paper scissors gameplay either... Especially if i go warrior. Nothing more demoralizing than fighting a paladin, mage or hunter... Or a higher level.

So far, i'm alone in playing classic, i'll be rolling PvE for sure. Like you said, I work and have a kid so i have no real patience about getting ganked without being able to fight back.

I'll be PVE as well, just like I was in vanilla. You have to realize that classic will be all about the server community. If it's low, you will have very few choices for both pvp from a being able to enter the BGs in the first place, and for pve and the ability for guilds to field 40 people to complete content (as well as dungeon groups). If you have plans to be Grand Marshal/High Warlord, you'll need a heavy pop realm with equal faction balance to make it easier, otherwise the grind will be that much worse or impossible.

I was fortunate to be on a very popular RP-PVE realm with a large guild. The theory of a dead realm right now in retail only effects the AH and early mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Will be fun when every Horde goes to a PvP-Realm and alliance go to PvE-Realms and you and 1000 other rogues can't do anything, because nobody is there to kill.

I doubt that on PvP-Realms there will be much more players; and except NPCs there are no allies in the game at all.
    That will be when I reroll to pve, but it won't be as bad as you said so fast.
    Characters in the 50's bracket will be farmable hk's as they level to 60 for one example. Plenty of time for griefing fun so it will be good while it lasts.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Idk, perhaps meditate on it for an hour and maybe you'll understand this truly challenging concept.

7+ Year Old Account
    I played on both PVP and PVE servers back in the day. For the most part PVE is much better. Unless you're a asshole who likes to grief people.

You mean live? This is a discussion about WoW Classic.

The secret is to roll a server that favorable your faction. My first server was 60:40 horde. It was great as an alliance. Dangerous but not gankfest. Over time the balance went 90:10 horde and it sucked.

Went to an alliance heavy PvP and that was better but not dangerous. Also went over too. That was boring. As long as servers are relatively balanced, PvP is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    Ah yes, because as an expert player I am sure you are capable of fighting off a group of people so much higher level than you that you can't even hurt them. Then if they SOMEHOW manage to kill you, then you can magically escape when they decide to camp your corpse.
    It's part of life on a PvP server, but I see you only stick to being a lowbie and whine about that nonstop. There will be scenarios where you are doing something on max level and you get killed - that's normal. Even few times in a row if you are someones competition on farming they will try to cast you out by killing you.
    Part of playing on PvP is accepting many different scenarios where you will be on a disadvantage.

SO DEAL WITH IT or roll on PvE realm like you should and enjoy the game as PvP servers are not for you.
    Accept the fact that not everyone is gonna bitch like a little girl he got ganked or killed few times.

I have little issue with actual PvP, but from my experiences on PvP servers, I found little in the way of PvP fighting, just people stomping on other players so much lower than them it is like fighting a critter.
    So you never made it to 60 huh? :P

I remember playing a game for a while that set it up so that if you were more than 5 levels outside the zone's level range, then you could not initiate combat with other players in that zone. So if you wanted to attack another player there had to be at least a microscopic chance of that player winning. It DID allow for higher level players to stomp the lower level ones if the lower level was stupid enough to attack first. This way there were almost always other players to fight, but you did not have to deal with morons who had nothing better to do than to grief lower levels.
    That kind of sounds like a PvE server minus the "5level difference".
    Seriously, tell me what the fun is in being slaughtered over and over again by a group of people 30-90 levels above you?
    Or maybe I just dont care enough to bitch about it and either feel good about getting away from them (thats a small win for you) or I go do something else till they get bored. Gankers easily get bored and look for other victims. And as Ive said you only focus on the lowbie part of the game... you keep on talking about it all the time.
    Remember their names, level up, gear up... and fuck em up once you're 60 when you see them, get even friends to beat the living crap out of them (its still PvP).

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Oh look, another Horde player talking about "carebear servers" and such. Easy to say when you're playing on the easy mode side aka outnumbering the Alliance and having better racials for PvP Cute.
    Oh sorry to break it to you... I played ally during Vanilla and TBC and I am going to play Ally once more in Classic. To make it more fun - my server for the most time was quite balanced actually.
    So yeah... sorry, no bonus for you. Go have fun on PvE server as its perfect for you and stop whining about something that won't affect you as you will be playing on PvE server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    This is an excellent point, but I personally hope they don't allow world buffs in raid instances. It didn't become a thing on retail until Naxx and it was "fixed" with TBC. It was the meta on private servers, but I personally view it as an exploit that was just never recognized until the final hour Vanilla's time.

There will definitely be times where you lose all world buffs at the door to the raid from wpvp.
    Not to mention it makes raid prep take even longer when it already takes far too long.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    people overestimate the popularity of world pvp
    This what I'm thinking. It will be interesting to see if world PVP has a resurgence in Classic, because it has been virtually non-existent on my PVP server for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    This what I'm thinking. It will be interesting to see if world PVP has a resurgence in Classic, because it has been virtually non-existent on my PVP server for a long time.
    The huge Hillsbrad fights were fun for a while. That's about it though. Mostly "world PVP" is just rogues stunlocking the shit out of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    It's part of life on a PvP server, but I see you only stick to being a lowbie and whine about that nonstop. There will be scenarios where you are doing something on max level and you get killed - that's normal. Even few times in a row if you are someones competition on farming they will try to cast you out by killing you.
    Part of playing on PvP is accepting many different scenarios where you will be on a disadvantage.

SO DEAL WITH IT or roll on PvE realm like you should and enjoy the game as PvP servers are not for you.
    Accept the fact that not everyone is gonna bitch like a little girl he got ganked or killed few times.
    A FEW TIMES!? I have tried playing on a PvP server on three occasions. On all three, by the time I was level 20 I had been killed by level 50+ players over 100 times, and it was only that few because I logged out for a while after they began corpse camping me. Maybe I just have INCREDIBLY bad luck with PvP servers but it was almost literally impossible for me to level because any time I went somewhere that was high enough to give me XP, I would not be able to finish a single quest before I had some high level player camping my corpse.
    That was only if I somehow managed to get into a quest hub, cause almost every time I went to one, there were some high level players guarding the entrance, so I would be killed if I even tried to get near them, so the only way to get a quest was to die, run closer to a quest giver, rez, die and repeat, and HOPE that when I rezzed next to a quest giver I could grab the quest before dying again, then accept the rez sickness to respawn at the grave yard. If I tried to get out of town by corpse running, one of the players would just follow me out so they could continue killing me.

So tell me, what would YOU do in that situation? Just go out to one of the few areas with no quest targets and grind your way through 40+ levels by killing mobs for xp?

Im going to play on PvE server for sure.. When you only have an hour or two every couple nights, it really sucks to have that time wasted cause some nolifer 20 lvls higher than you, is feeling bored.. No thanks

silly comment, world pvp between players around same levels are fine, but most of the pvp on PVP servers are high levels ganking lowbies, corpse camp, which involve no skills, it is a total waste of players time.

Just don’t lose wpvp. Besides it’s easy not to get corpse camped

I can kinda get why someone choose pve servers but I won’t. Even tho I’m older, it’s still a key pillar of the game that’s missing. Griefers and infamous griefers should exist even if they are public enemy number 1. It helps develop rivalries long term between players andnguilds adding yet another fun aspect to the experience.

I would never go pve server. I’d rather an rp server tbh. I may be focused on endgame pve in classic but I wanna wreck face too