Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Why would you give them your money twice? I wont pay to.plAy a game that is allready developed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Why would you give them your money twice? I wont pay to.plAy a game that is allready developed.
    That's why it is FREE with a regular sub...

Not sure why this is confusing for people? It costs money to maintain servers...even private servers charge indirectly by selling gold/token etc.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post

Not sure why this is confusing for people? It costs money to maintain servers...even private servers charge indirectly by selling gold/token etc.
    Praiseworthy pservers don't sell anything, not even cosmetics. Those are the popular ones. If you wanted to say they do it under the carpet, that's another issue entirely.

I don't disagree with you but if someone only wants to play classic then it isn't free. I wont be touching retail but I'll still have to sub to play classic

Never understood pve servers. Playing a human and being beside an orc. Cant attack. But isnt the game world of WARCRAFT. Just look at the cinematic for gods sake to know what kind of story you are playing

Never understood pvp. Why play for someone else's shitty ganking amusement?

I dont really like ganking, so i´ve tried playing on pve a few times. But i think its lacking the thrill you get from a pvp server, watching your back etc.
    But i will not set my foot in STV without a full party, its not that fun with the thrill and corpse running.

I never even considered playing on a pvp server. If I wanted to pvp, I'd play counter strike instead of wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    thats a paradoxon

- - - Updated - - -

This can only come from a person that never played on good private servers. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Never understood pve servers. Playing a human and being beside an orc. Cant attack. But isnt the game world of WARCRAFT. Just look at the cinematic for gods sake to know what kind of story you are playing
    WoW is a pve game with pvp tacked on. Remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Why would you play the game on easy mode?
    Why not? It's my enjoyment not yours. I would only play Classic for immersion in the zones we don't have in Retail anymore because of the Cata revamp. I will play a class I did not get to play in Vanilla. I will not rush, and I don't have the time to waste on world pvp.

Southshore vs. Tarren's Mill is probably one thing. But if you want to indulge in that, you just have to flag and jump into the battle. Everything else can go die in a fire. I prefer Battlegrounds and Arena to world PvP any day. If I want to PvP at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Yes. It's not like we have white people and black people also living peacefully besides each other in real world, though it has been plenty of bloodshed on both sides over the course of some hundred years.

There are many more targets out there. Ragnaros, Onyxia, Gurubashi trolls, Ahn'quirai bugs etc. There you go. War galore!

Pve is the way to go for me. And you can still pvp WHEN YOU CHOOSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    That is a fair point, but also sounds like you are agreeing with me. A pvp server is a pve game with pvp tacked on.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    There was a poll on Reddit that had some 20K respondents, that said about 75% would go PvP. Now, it is possible that the PvE majority is silent and will show up in huge quantities, but that is fairly telling.
    Its not as telling as you think it is. I remember the VN boards tally back before WoW launch asking gamers which server type they would play. And PvP dominated, but when WoW launched it was 52/48 Normal to PvP ratio.

A vast majority of the people that will fill up PvE servers aren't posting on message boards, subreddits or MMO champion. Yet those insulated communities have LARGE overlap with PvP server players.

Why else would WoW have such an even split, but then Private Servers which use Reddit to advertise and organize be 99% PvP? Those players didn't disappear, you are just looking in the wrong place for them.

The beta was going to be a BIG moment to prove this was true... then they invited like 30 massive Twitch streamers, from Cdew to Asmon.... they even gave invites to the smaller streamers like Canbeast. Once the streamers brought their followers it made the comparison moot. Nothing was going to stand up to something tipping the scales like that unfortunately.

My best friend and I are both going PVE servers. I've done both and it's fine but I prefer to stay away from any realm where popular twitch streamers may be (re pvp) and gank/be ganked days are over since I no longer have a no-lifer schedule.

playing on a pve classic server is exactly like playing retail, total and uttermost useless

world of WARcraft, what you gonna wage war on on a pve server? the npcs? OMEGALUL

The make or break for PVE servers.. at least where I see them becoming very popular.. is when the honor system is first introduced and camping flight paths of 40ish level zones becomes the meta for PVP for 6ish months.

A big part of classic for me is the world pvp, so I will defo roll on a pvp server.

But I see the point in older people not wanting the grief that will guarenteed come with ganking etc.

PvE servers miss the point of classic

Might as well go play retail or FF14

Or just a TBC server

The PvE will be better. I just find it hard to fathom what would drive anyone to do that but pure nostalgia. And pure nostalgia isn't going to keep you in game for long

There is just something very contradictory to wanting to go back to the immersive older non lobby style of world design. Then choosing PvE.

I wouldn't be surprised if they started out stronger. But almost all those people are the "you think you do but you don't " crowd. And will fade away. The biggest differences between retail and classic don't matter on a PvE server. Or the other modern tab targeting options