Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The thing you're forgetting is that unlike Original Vanilla, Classic will have Personal looting, so you won't have relinquish your splinters to a designated raid officer. Unless they also decrease the drop rate of the quest item, that means a lot more people will get their Leggo
    When was this said? Hearing it for the first time!

It wasnt. Classic will have normal loot.

Old shadowform with Anathema was more recognisable and when I saw the first Atiesh in game in vanilla I was disappointed.

Not sure why anyone would commit so much time and guild politics into something with so little powerlevel and visual impact in the game.
    -

The thing you're forgetting is that unlike Original Vanilla, Classic will have Personal looting, so you won't have relinquish your splinters to a designated raid officer. Unless they also decrease the drop rate of the quest item, that means a lot more people will get their Leggo
    you need to stop posting on forums.. somebody might see your posts and, god forbid, think you know what youre talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    No it wasn't. Hardly anyone got it in TBC. As even by the time you hit Black Temple Naxx 40 was still difficult. To be 100% honest, Naxx 40 was the worst designed raid Blizzard ever made. It wasn't even designed to be playable. The Ateish questline was so difficult and time-consuming by such a large number of people it was as rare as Scarab Lord and the Black beetle mount.

You're really forgetting the mechanics of Naxx 40 wasn't doable with most people. At 20 people it was as difficult as BT but without any sort of gear or anything to be gotten. It wasn't easy.

You didn't see people start to solo MC late TBNC and even then was a warrior who did like a few bosses while doing an immense amount of effort to skip trash and relied on a trinket that gave health per block on use. And if I remember took a considerable amount of time.

Ateish just simply put isn't going to be obtained by many people. It takes too many people too much time to get.
    Well we did it for a few guildies when we had downtime and were bored. It was easy. This was toward the end of Black Temple before Sunwell was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    This does not seem to be the case from my experience. What they did was enable loot trading within a brief window in raids in order to cut down on GM requests to handle mislooted items/ninja looting/loot drama. I don't recall offhand if they stuck to it or not, but that's different from the Personal Loot system. Classic runs on the classic loot systems; if memory serves it defaults to Need before Greed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Old shadowform with Anathema was more recognisable and when I saw the first Atiesh in game in vanilla I was disappointed.

Not sure why anyone would commit so much time and guild politics into something with so little powerlevel and visual impact in the game.
    It's a major lore item that stretches all the way back to Warcraft 1. That's quite a powerful draw in and of itself; even the famous Corrupted Ashbringer, despite a major lore presence, had its lore designed for WoW.

edit: Addendum: Atiesh's visual 'pop' wasn't from the staff itself, but from the swirling ravens visual effect and the Karazhan portal.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!