Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Uh no, they mean to make max level of BfA around 60 then the next expansion will increase the cap by 5-10.

    If you've been around for any amount of time regarding the iLvl/Stat Squishes, you'd know the Level Squish will be exactly the same thing.

    I'm predicting:
    Vanilla: 1-20 (if allied races start at 20 still, this means they skip all vanilla content)
    BC+LK: Now permanently fused together, 20-30 (this applies to all dungeons including heroics, raids, etc of both) [DKs start at 25 and hit 30 by the time they finish the DK intro, skipping all of their main expansion)
    Cata+MoP: 30-40 (same deal as above)
    WoD+Legion: 40-50 (DHs start at 45 and hit 50 by the end of the intro, also skipping their expansion like DKs)
    BfA: 50-55 or 50-60 (unsure which it would be)
    Expansion 8: 55-60 or 60-70, depending on if they want 5 or 10 levels for expansions moving forward.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You think WoW will have another expansion after BfA...

    It's possible, but so is a democrat winning next year's election.

  2. #42
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    TBH, i dont think you gave any figures at all, other than the ones you pulled out of thin air.
    What the actual fuck?

    These are literally the figures from dungeon-leveling my character in this patch, dude. I can screenshot them is this is some sort of ridiculous attempt to "call bullshit" on my figures.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You think WoW will have another expansion after BfA...

    It's possible, but so is a democrat winning next year's election.
    We need like a function to mark a post so that the person who said it can be endlessly reminded of it in future.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You think WoW will have another expansion after BfA...

    It's possible, but so is a democrat winning next year's election.
    Of course there will be another expansion, what are you talking about? Have you been living under a rock? Level squish has already been confirmed for the next expac even.

    That's some low effort trolling right there

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Uh no, they mean to make max level of BfA around 60 then the next expansion will increase the cap by 5-10.

    If you've been around for any amount of time regarding the iLvl/Stat Squishes, you'd know the Level Squish will be exactly the same thing.

    I'm predicting:
    Vanilla: 1-20 (if allied races start at 20 still, this means they skip all vanilla content)
    BC+LK: Now permanently fused together, 20-30 (this applies to all dungeons including heroics, raids, etc of both) [DKs start at 25 and hit 30 by the time they finish the DK intro, skipping all of their main expansion)
    Cata+MoP: 30-40 (same deal as above)
    WoD+Legion: 40-50 (DHs start at 45 and hit 50 by the end of the intro, also skipping their expansion like DKs)
    BfA: 50-55 or 50-60 (unsure which it would be)
    Expansion 8: 55-60 or 60-70, depending on if they want 5 or 10 levels for expansions moving forward.
    I think what they might do is simply remove levels, or just keep an equivalent to maybe lv 20.

    On normal characters, you'd reach it more or less like today, after doing 1-2 zones, or the specific starting experience for Pandaren, Goblins, Worgens, DK and DH. Allied races would of course immediately be at that level, and this way there would be no necessary leveling timeline absurdities.

    Since nowadays the whole gameplay is centered around max level content, and leveling is mostly a chore, this would match the wants of the current crowds.

    Similarly to how Legion and BfA work, character progression would instead work with expansion specific storyline milestones and "post max level xp". Like how we've been grinding artifact/azerite power to allow our artifact/HoA to gain levels.

    Maybe there will be an expansion focused on the Infinite Dragonflight, with a focus on the Timewalker, with all zones from all previous expansions seeing periodic events (like invasions), calling us in the past, and maybe more dungeons and raids enabled for timewalking as well. Of course we would be grinding something like Anachronic Power to increase our Timewalker levels.

    Farming old content for mounts, transmogs and the like is a non issue, for all it would require would be a "toggle legacy content", and like now after the stat squish we'd one shot everything as usual.
    "Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

    ~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang on Essays on Mind and Matter

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I never really understood people that are so against stat squish or a level squish, its just a number, if i remain as strong as i was before i dont really care if it says level 10 or level 10 000, or if my max hp is 20 000 or 2 000 000.
    It's not the squish itself, it's what blizzard will do with the squish. They're using language to make it look like it will be shorter but from the cynical side of things, they are going to do nothing but get rid half of the levels and boost the required amount of xp to go through them to x3 in a sad attempt to sell more level boosts and leveling will still be boring but longer to do just like back in 7.3.5.

  6. #46
    Classic wow has half the levels and double the abilities and talents.

    So why bother?

    Just merge retail wow with Diablo, that way they can use all the time and money they save to snort coke and suck each other's jaggons.

  7. #47
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Classic wow has half the levels and double the abilities and talents.

    So why bother?

    Just merge retail wow with Diablo, that way they can use all the time and money they save to snort coke and suck each other's jaggons.
    Well there are only few active abilities though about 3-4?

  8. #48
    Stealthed Defender unbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    The purpose of reducing the max level to 60 is to make it so when Classic Wow & Retail Wow merge in wow 2, the level caps aren't different.
    Expect to see Retail & Classic merge player bases in a new WOW2 come 2-3 years.
    WoW 2 isn't coming any time soon (and likely never at all).

    However, this is kind of on the right track. It is likely protection on Blizz's part to keep more new players interested in current WoW than Classic. If a random person sees Classic as 60 levels and Retail as 130 levels, they may choose Classic instead.

    Blizz's goal is *not* to get everyone to move to Classic. Classic is being put up primarily to get old players back to the game. They are looking to, hopefully, double their subs this way. Classic will be dirt cheap to maintain, and Retail is still where they are expecting new whales...er, players to play.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    I hope that it's legitimately a squish in the existing levels without impacting leveling speeds relative to the new levels. Leveling is a chore for most people now, not just because of the feeling of never-reaching-the-end, but in actual time. If leveling to max level is equivalent to getting to level 70 or 80 right now, I'll be extremely happy.

    If all they do is scale it all back so it takes exactly as long as it does now, they're going to be in for some seriously negative feedback... and they'll have no one to blame but themselves. No one (sane) wants leveling to feel even worse than it did this expansion; and that's all increasing the amount of XP required by multitudes per level will do.

    In other words, the "squish" should just be relative to what exists now. For example, everyone's level is reduced by half. Then leveling continues as per normal. No change in the amount of XP needs or leveling time; 60 to 70 should be exactly the same now as it will be after the squish.
    if anything it will take longer.

    one of questions in survey is whether you will be ok with buying char boosts for 40 euro (so 33% reduction in price) as equivalent of 120 hours of gameplay.

    when atm it takes 30-40 hours to hit max level.

    so it will take 3 times longer.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    We need like a function to mark a post so that the person who said it can be endlessly reminded of it in future.
    Reminded of what? That I was right? Everything I said was 100% correct. It is entirely possible for both of those things to happen, as hilarious as they both would be.

  11. #51
    Considering the community(who coined the idea) have been clear on what we mean by level squish it's most likely mean what we think it means.

  12. #52
    Mechagnome Ragnarohk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    The purpose of reducing the max level to 60 is to make it so when Classic Wow & Retail Wow merge in wow 2, the level caps aren't different.
    Expect to see Retail & Classic merge player bases in a new WOW2 come 2-3 years.
    How can you merge 2 totally different games? Retail has evolved so much that the only thing in common it has with Classic is the game's name.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You think WoW will have another expansion after BfA...

    It's possible, but so is a democrat winning next year's election.
    It will. It's the most popular MMORPG in the market. I believe in second place comes FFXIV with 600k active accounts.

  13. #53
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Reminded of what? That I was right? Everything I said was 100% correct. It is entirely possible for both of those things to happen, as hilarious as they both would be.
    That you claimed BfA was WoW's last expansion. Every time you make a claim about anything WoW-related that should come up from now on.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    That you claimed BfA was WoW's last expansion. Every time you make a claim about anything WoW-related that should come up from now on.
    When did I claim BfA was WoW's last expansion? You need to learn to read.

  15. #55
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,698
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    When did I claim BfA was WoW's last expansion? You need to learn to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You think WoW will have another expansion after BfA... It's possible, but so is a democrat winning next year's election.
    We can all read just fine. If there is going to be no expansion after BFA then BfA is WoW's last expansion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    We can all read just fine. If there is going to be no expansion after BFA then BfA is WoW's last expansion.
    Where did I say there won't be an expansion after BfA?

  17. #57
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,698
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Where did I say there won't be an expansion after BfA?
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You think WoW will have another expansion after BfA... It's possible, but so is a democrat winning next year's election.
    You are only saying it is possible there will be another one with the implication that the possibility is slim given your laughter, irrelevant political reference, and context of the post you originally commented. You were laughing at someone including an 8th expansion in their post.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You are only saying it is possible there will be another one with the implication that the possibility is slim given your laughter, irrelevant political reference, and context of the post you originally commented. You were laughing at someone including an 8th expansion in their post.
    Yet I'm still not wrong.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    What the actual fuck?

    These are literally the figures from dungeon-leveling my character in this patch, dude. I can screenshot them is this is some sort of ridiculous attempt to "call bullshit" on my figures.
    One data point........ /golfclap

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    The purpose of reducing the max level to 60 is to make it so when Classic Wow & Retail Wow merge in wow 2, the level caps aren't different.
    Expect to see Retail & Classic merge player bases in a new WOW2 come 2-3 years.
    Lols, this idea is bonkers.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •