Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    TBH, i dont think you gave any figures at all, other than the ones you pulled out of thin air.
    What the actual fuck?

These are literally the figures from dungeon-leveling my character in this patch, dude. I can screenshot them is this is some sort of ridiculous attempt to "call bullshit" on my figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You think WoW will have another expansion after BfA...

It's possible, but so is a democrat winning next year's election.
    We need like a function to mark a post so that the person who said it can be endlessly reminded of it in future.

Of course there will be another expansion, what are you talking about? Have you been living under a rock? Level squish has already been confirmed for the next expac even.

That's some low effort trolling right there

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Uh no, they mean to make max level of BfA around 60 then the next expansion will increase the cap by 5-10.

If you've been around for any amount of time regarding the iLvl/Stat Squishes, you'd know the Level Squish will be exactly the same thing.

I'm predicting:
    Vanilla: 1-20 (if allied races start at 20 still, this means they skip all vanilla content)
    BC+LK: Now permanently fused together, 20-30 (this applies to all dungeons including heroics, raids, etc of both) [DKs start at 25 and hit 30 by the time they finish the DK intro, skipping all of their main expansion)
    Cata+MoP: 30-40 (same deal as above)
    WoD+Legion: 40-50 (DHs start at 45 and hit 50 by the end of the intro, also skipping their expansion like DKs)
    BfA: 50-55 or 50-60 (unsure which it would be)
    Expansion 8: 55-60 or 60-70, depending on if they want 5 or 10 levels for expansions moving forward.
    I think what they might do is simply remove levels, or just keep an equivalent to maybe lv 20.

On normal characters, you'd reach it more or less like today, after doing 1-2 zones, or the specific starting experience for Pandaren, Goblins, Worgens, DK and DH. Allied races would of course immediately be at that level, and this way there would be no necessary leveling timeline absurdities.

Since nowadays the whole gameplay is centered around max level content, and leveling is mostly a chore, this would match the wants of the current crowds.

Similarly to how Legion and BfA work, character progression would instead work with expansion specific storyline milestones and "post max level xp". Like how we've been grinding artifact/azerite power to allow our artifact/HoA to gain levels.

Maybe there will be an expansion focused on the Infinite Dragonflight, with a focus on the Timewalker, with all zones from all previous expansions seeing periodic events (like invasions), calling us in the past, and maybe more dungeons and raids enabled for timewalking as well. Of course we would be grinding something like Anachronic Power to increase our Timewalker levels.

Farming old content for mounts, transmogs and the like is a non issue, for all it would require would be a "toggle legacy content", and like now after the stat squish we'd one shot everything as usual.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I never really understood people that are so against stat squish or a level squish, its just a number, if i remain as strong as i was before i dont really care if it says level 10 or level 10 000, or if my max hp is 20 000 or 2 000 000.
    It's not the squish itself, it's what blizzard will do with the squish. They're using language to make it look like it will be shorter but from the cynical side of things, they are going to do nothing but get rid half of the levels and boost the required amount of xp to go through them to x3 in a sad attempt to sell more level boosts and leveling will still be boring but longer to do just like back in 7.3.5.

Classic wow has half the levels and double the abilities and talents.

So why bother?

Just merge retail wow with Diablo, that way they can use all the time and money they save to snort coke and suck each other's jaggons.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Classic wow has half the levels and double the abilities and talents.

So why bother?

Just merge retail wow with Diablo, that way they can use all the time and money they save to snort coke and suck each other's jaggons.
    Well there are only few active abilities though about 3-4?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    The purpose of reducing the max level to 60 is to make it so when Classic Wow & Retail Wow merge in wow 2, the level caps aren't different.
    Expect to see Retail & Classic merge player bases in a new WOW2 come 2-3 years.
    WoW 2 isn't coming any time soon (and likely never at all).

However, this is kind of on the right track. It is likely protection on Blizz's part to keep more new players interested in current WoW than Classic. If a random person sees Classic as 60 levels and Retail as 130 levels, they may choose Classic instead.

Blizz's goal is *not* to get everyone to move to Classic. Classic is being put up primarily to get old players back to the game. They are looking to, hopefully, double their subs this way. Classic will be dirt cheap to maintain, and Retail is still where they are expecting new whales...er, players to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    I hope that it's legitimately a squish in the existing levels without impacting leveling speeds relative to the new levels. Leveling is a chore for most people now, not just because of the feeling of never-reaching-the-end, but in actual time. If leveling to max level is equivalent to getting to level 70 or 80 right now, I'll be extremely happy.

If all they do is scale it all back so it takes exactly as long as it does now, they're going to be in for some seriously negative feedback... and they'll have no one to blame but themselves. No one (sane) wants leveling to feel even worse than it did this expansion; and that's all increasing the amount of XP required by multitudes per level will do.

In other words, the "squish" should just be relative to what exists now. For example, everyone's level is reduced by half. Then leveling continues as per normal. No change in the amount of XP needs or leveling time; 60 to 70 should be exactly the same now as it will be after the squish.
    if anything it will take longer.

one of questions in survey is whether you will be ok with buying char boosts for 40 euro (so 33% reduction in price) as equivalent of 120 hours of gameplay.

when atm it takes 30-40 hours to hit max level.

so it will take 3 times longer.

Considering the community(who coined the idea) have been clear on what we mean by level squish it's most likely mean what we think it means.

The purpose of reducing the max level to 60 is to make it so when Classic Wow & Retail Wow merge in wow 2, the level caps aren't different.
    How can you merge 2 totally different games? Retail has evolved so much that the only thing in common it has with Classic is the game's name.

- - - Updated - - -

It will. It's the most popular MMORPG in the market. I believe in second place comes FFXIV with 600k active accounts.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reminded of what? That I was right? Everything I said was 100% correct. It is entirely possible for both of those things to happen, as hilarious as they both would be.
    That you claimed BfA was WoW's last expansion. Every time you make a claim about anything WoW-related that should come up from now on.

15+ Year Old Account
    When did I claim BfA was WoW's last expansion? You need to learn to read.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You think WoW will have another expansion after BfA... It's possible, but so is a democrat winning next year's election.
    We can all read just fine. If there is going to be no expansion after BFA then BfA is WoW's last expansion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Where did I say there won't be an expansion after BfA?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You think WoW will have another expansion after BfA... It's possible, but so is a democrat winning next year's election.
    You are only saying it is possible there will be another one with the implication that the possibility is slim given your laughter, irrelevant political reference, and context of the post you originally commented. You were laughing at someone including an 8th expansion in their post.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    What the actual fuck?

These are literally the figures from dungeon-leveling my character in this patch, dude. I can screenshot them is this is some sort of ridiculous attempt to "call bullshit" on my figures.
    One data point........ /golfclap

Lols, this idea is bonkers.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Yet I'm still not wrong.
    Claiming you didn't say that BfA would be WoW's last expansion because you ACTUALLY only said "it's possible it won't be the last expansion, but so is [thing clearly meant to be taken as unbelievable]..." is not the genius argument loophole you think it is. You're just making yourself look like even more of a colossal idiot than your first post already did.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

It will. It's the most popular MMORPG in the market. I believe in second place comes FFXIV with 600k active accounts.
    You believe incorrectly It is at the very least triple that ammount, judging by what we know.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    One can only hope and dream.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I don't think there's any other way to interpret this than a reduction of the level cap, below 120.

Yet I'm still not wrong.
    Okay bro. See you in three or four years when 10.0 releases.