Thread: garbage pvp

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

garbage pvp

holy paladins dont lose mana, restore shamans siting in ghost wolf the entire time, MW monks are the new mage healing class? wtg blizzzturd you've ruined another game. pve trinkets gear and all.
    Last edited by deathshere; 2019-07-02 at 09:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're JUST now realizing that pvp in wow is shite? Was it your first day or something?

You should probably wait for 9.0 if you want any hopes of enjoying PvP.

get out bubble, sac, bop x2, gg.
    dont go on the shaman.
    save ur mobility, wait for port, then smash monk.
    usually 10-30% damp, voidstone is on its 3rd/4th use and they'll overlap something.
    l2 adjust to the bullshit, and you'll be much happier

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    You should probably wait for 9.0 if you want any hopes of enjoying PvP.
    why would you wait since it’s been 3 expacs pvp has been trash, 6.x broke it, 7.x didn’t do crap and 8.x just made it worse. Not hard to see the pattern here. Move on to another game, or just play knowing that it’s bad (balance / gameplay / meta / blizzard care / useless rewards)

Why would you play wow pvp when they made gladiator mounts for 2.4.

Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    holy paladins dont lose mana, restore shamans siting host wolf the entire time, MW monks are the new mage healing class? wtg blizzzturd you've ruined another game. pve trinkets gear and all.
    If those 3 healers are op for you, and given the fact that endgame you will mostly see druids, then it comes that whatever healer you play with you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    holy paladins dont lose mana, restore shamans siting host wolf the entire time, MW monks are the new mage healing class? wtg blizzzturd you've ruined another game. pve trinkets gear and all.
    As a PvPer with actual progress in PvP, allowing PvE trinkets and items in general is an absolute pleasure like it was back in the day. I love having reason to do PvE to further progress in PvP. I notice the majority that want to eradicate PvE completely are the same morons that would later complain about afk'ing mid-air with nothing to do in-game other than wait for their RBG or Arena partners.

If you want a PvP-only experience, go play another game and please take people similar to you with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    As a PvPer with actual progress in PvP, allowing PvE trinkets and items in general is an absolute pleasure like it was back in the day. I love having reason to do PvE to further progress in PvP. I notice the majority that want to eradicate PvE completely are the same morons that would later complain about afk'ing mid-air with nothing to do in-game other than wait for their RBG or Arena partners.
    Fun fact is that every single pro player ( pvp player ) is against pve stuff, which has ruined the pvp scene.
    And, regardless the fact that the single could love to have it or not, they are right.

Those who chose to play a specific mode, shouldn't be forced to play another one in order to have advantages.

That said, fortunately, in a tournament it is forbid to use stuff like void stone or diamond-lacet refracting prism.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Fun fact is that every single pro player ( pvp player ) is against pve stuff, which has ruined the pvp scene.
    And, regardless the fact that the single could love to have it or not, they are right.

Those who chose to play a specific mode, shouldn't be forced to play another one in order to have advantages.

That said, fortunately, in a tournament it is forbid to use stuff like void stone or diamond-lacet refracting prism.
    This is an MMORPG, ALL aspects of the game should matter and coincide with one another. Wasn't it like that when the game was at its peak?, TBC and WoTLK?. Things went downhill for PvP when they decided to separate and failed miserably to do so which resulting in utter neglect for PvP. I am a PvPer but do fully acknowledge that this is a PvE game and if it wasn't for the PvE elements in the game I wouldn't be playing it to begin with. If I wanted a PvP only game, I'll find one where the game is fully balanced around PvP.

I hope Blizzard continues to ignore attempts to make that already failed numerous attempts at separation which is only encouraged by the absolute clueless. The game was at its best when those imbeciles were ignored and PvE was a must to prosper in both aspects of the game.

P.S. As far as actual balance is concerned, it will never be perfect in both PvE and PvP. After over a decade of the game, people ought to accept that already.

I disagree.

As you can see

They are definitely aware of the problems which bring trinkets and stuff like those, but they simply acts slow ( and seems that they can't figure out when to nerf something which could bg pvp related "before releasing it" ).

That said, you can still maintain a load of rpg elements when you take part to a pvp match:

1. Racial traits
    2. different ilvl
    3. sockets
    4. extra stats

As you can see
    The blue post literally says they're just nerfing them because PvP'ers would keep using them throughout Season 3.

In other words: Use awesome PvE stuff from the new content, not old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    This is an MMORPG, ALL aspects of the game should matter and coincide with one another. Wasn't it like that when the game was at its peak?, TBC and WoTLK?. Things went downhill for PvP when they decided to separate and failed miserably to do so which resulting in utter neglect for PvP. I am a PvPer but do fully acknowledge that this is a PvE game and if it wasn't for the PvE elements in the game I wouldn't be playing it to begin with. If I wanted a PvP only game, I'll find one where the game is fully balanced around PvP.

I hope Blizzard continues to ignore attempts to make that already failed numerous attempts at separation which is only encouraged by the absolute clueless. The game was at its best when those imbeciles were ignored and PvE was a must to prosper in both aspects of the game.

P.S. As far as actual balance is concerned, it will never be perfect in both PvE and PvP. After over a decade of the game, people ought to accept that already.
    I agree with you, however, the current PvE items being used in PvP are slowing down the pace of the game due to healing/absorption effects. In TBC, Wrath and Cata, this wasn't the case. Everything in PvE used in PvP generally sped up the pace of the game via damage trinkets and weapons.

In my opinion, the fact the game even needs dampening is a problem in itself. Hell, 2s games start at what, 20% or 25% dampening? That's absurd. Healers, hybrids and healing abilities from other classes (death strike, crimson vial, soul link, etc) need to be reduced in PvP.

That and Blizzard has homogenized every class to a horrible state of game play. Every class has a get out of jail spell (Retaliate, AMS/Icebound, Disperse/Life Swap, extremely low cooldown dmg reductions like astral shift, Karma and more). These spells also make the game last so much longer than they used to. Furthermore, every class has some insane CC ability, or multiples of them - again, extending the length of games.

All of these things wouldn't be as much of a problem if they put strong dmg trinkets and weapons back into the game of PvP or even armor/spell pen. It's just sad to see games going to 50+% dampening...that should NEVER be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    soul link, etc)
    Just so we're clear, while Soul Link does provide some healing (not a great deal, TBH), its mostly a damage-split.

And you can completely eliminate it all by just exploding the pet, which is absurdly easy.

But i agree that every DPS class and their brother having tons of self-healing has to effing go.

When im playing an Afflock, and a freaking WARRIOR can routinely out self-heal me, something is fucking wrong.

That and Blizzard has homogenized every class to a horrible state of game play. Every class has a get out of jail spell (Retaliate, AMS/Icebound, Disperse/Life Swap, extremely low cooldown dmg reductions like astral shift, Karma and more). These spells also make the game last so much longer than they used to.
    The problem is that they've become a necessity due to certain comps basically using all their offensive cd's onto someone and they'd just instagib without any def cd's.

Take RMX, they CC two people, focus the third, without any cd's, any class would just die after the second kidney.

I don't like dampening / mana games as well, but it's the result of the Arms race between offensive and defensive cd's, if you take away one side, this entire thing swings 180° and every game will be just about globaling people.

you will mostly see druids, then it comes that whatever healer you play with you will be fine.

7+ Year Old Account

if pvpers dont want PVE gear to matter in PVP then PVP should not give limited time unique rewards.
    tough buddy.
    give up your glad mounts, vicious mounts, and elite sets, eityher make them not unique, or make them able to be earned again much easier later like PVE.
    then you can have your own facet.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if pvpers dont want PVE gear to matter in PVP then PVP should not give limited time unique rewards.
    tough buddy.
    give up your glad mounts, vicious mounts, and elite sets, eityher make them not unique, or make them able to be earned again much easier later like PVE.
    then you can have your own facet.
    1. this doesnt makes sense, okay we all know that you enjoy out gearing people with your pve gear in pvp ,but your comment still doesnt make sense

2. fine by me, take my elite gear, glad mounts. because all this recent warlock/dk/mage free glads will lose theirs also. which would make me happy

People in 2019 still comparing elite sets and mythic sets, lmao elite set = aotc. Guess 3/9m mythic heroes raiding 3 times a week while being overgeared gotta protect their sense of accomplishment

I agree with you, however, the current PvE items being used in PvP are slowing down the pace of the game due to healing/absorption effects. In TBC, Wrath and Cata, this wasn't the case. Everything in PvE used in PvP generally sped up the pace of the game via damage trinkets and weapons.

In my opinion, the fact the game even needs dampening is a problem in itself. Hell, 2s games start at what, 20% or 25% dampening? That's absurd. Healers, hybrids and healing abilities from other classes (death strike, crimson vial, soul link, etc) need to be reduced in PvP.

That and Blizzard has homogenized every class to a horrible state of game play. Every class has a get out of jail spell (Retaliate, AMS/Icebound, Disperse/Life Swap, extremely low cooldown dmg reductions like astral shift, Karma and more). These spells also make the game last so much longer than they used to. Furthermore, every class has some insane CC ability, or multiples of them - again, extending the length of games.

All of these things wouldn't be as much of a problem if they put strong dmg trinkets and weapons back into the game of PvP or even armor/spell pen. It's just sad to see games going to 50+% dampening...that should NEVER be a thing.
    Fully agree with everything you said. The dampening part is a sad solution that Blizzard had to come up with. It's just cringy and rather depressing to see tournament games just wait for max dampening and then charge in. That is a direct sign of terrible design.