Stress test and layering system feed-back?

Hi guys,

As an EU player I have to wait for our stress test so I was interested by your first impression on the system. I'm not asking if layering is a good thing or not, I want to know if it's doing it's job of not having to make war with all the level 1-5 to kill mobs. So what do you think, is there still too many players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough layering, took me 90 minutes to get to level 5.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    If that's the case its going to be a nightmare on launch day

That really isn’t too bad... I just skipped Deathknell completely and grinded my way to 5. After that it was pretty smooth for questing. Took me like 5 hours to get to 10. Seems like vanilla too me and what to expect on launch

I wish layering is getting cancelled, or the chance to jump layers be eliminated.

10+ Year Old Account
    2019, where having too many players in the world of the biggest and best MMORPG is a problem that has to be fixed so you can collect more wolf ass faster.

Great going guys. That's the vanilla spirit right there. Get those player obstacles out of the way so you can do your very interesting quests with your amazing 2 abilities more efficiently, just like retail has taught you to do over the last years.

Hurry, there's no time to get held up by all these annoying people crowding up the starting areas on a massive launch! Who would ever want this many people, when you can't even get any real vanilla action gameplay done for the first hours because of them?
    So what if the game lasts at least 2 whole years after that whole uncomfortable situation of the first couple days?

Players: "I need to have my safe space now! Too many ppls in this game! Blizz pls. Help!!"

*Blizzard picks up the emergency hotline phone*

Blizz: "OMG relax, it's all gonna be alright! have some layering mkay?"
    Players: "thx Bwizzard!!"
    Blizz: "you know it's not classic anymore now though for like, weeks or months in right? lol?"
    Players: "dont care yayy lets kill wolfers! lvl 60 inc!!"

*layering alternatives that don't change the game continue to collect dust*

You think you wanted Classic, but you didn't. J Allen Brack was right. And you let him be. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Miena View Post
    2019, where having too many players in the world of the biggest and best MMORPG is a problem that has to be fixed so you can collect more wolf ass faster.

Great going guys. That's the vanilla spirit right there. Get those player obstacles out of the way so you can do your very interesting quests with your amazing 2 abilities more efficiently, just like retail has taught you to do over the last years.

Hurry, there's no time to get held up by all these annoying people crowding up the starting areas on a massive launch! Who would ever want this many people, when you can't even get any real vanilla action gameplay done for the first hours because of them?
    So what if the game lasts at least 2 whole years after that whole uncomfortable situation of the first couple days?

Players: "I need to have my safe space now! Too many ppls in this game! Blizz pls. Help!!"

Blizz: "you know it's not classic anymore now though for like, weeks or months in right? lol?"

You think you wanted Classic, but you didn't. J Allen Brack was right. And you let him be. Ugh.
    Do you need help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miena View Post

Wow you got problems. If you struggle to tag mobs for hours thats just bad design.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Is that a long time for Classic standards? I remember it being pretty slow when I first started in 2007.

Seemed about right to me. Lots of people with competition for mobs, but not so much to make it impossible.

Lots of grouping in caves etc.

Felt pretty darn smooth too.

So far, so good

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    I wish layering is getting cancelled, or the chance to jump layers be eliminated.
    It's not a 'chance', it's purely in there for people who wind up on different layers than their friends and want to party up.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    I heard the latest stress tests were pretty much a meltdown. There's no way layering will get cancelled. If anything the layering will last longer and there will be more layering, not less.

I leveled to 5 today in 35 minutes before I left for work, and for much of that time I was talking in general. It's not that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Is that a long time for Classic standards? I remember it being pretty slow when I first started in 2007.
    Classic is pretty slow, but i took like, 30-40 minutes to kill 10 boars due to the amount of players, and the scorpid quest? Like 40 minutes.

I did play at 7:30pm until 9pm, it was probably the busiest time to play it. But regardless, if that how it will be at launch, I'm fine with waiting a couple of days to jump in.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I am not playing on launch, not worth the headache. I will wait until end of September and then by the time I am at cap I will get free gear.