Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DPS Warrior going into 8.2

Hello there,

So I've been testing and watching warrior things related to 8.2, hoping for our specs to become less weak for the next patch and....I have to say that I'm pretty damn worried right now.

Arms is not great on live, even on fights perfecetely suited for the spec (2 targets cleave) it just performs poorly. But in a week this poor spec will have to face another huge issue added in 8.2: Arms just doesn't sinergyse with any essences in particual and both of the spec specific ones are just complete garbage: nothing seems strong combined with arms. And no a small 5% buff is absolutely not going to change anything to that, Blizzard probably buffed the spec seeing how poorly it is already going to perform.

Fury was looking really great until the Blood of the ennemy/Unbound force nerf. Bth of theses traits had a pretty big sinergy with the spec with the ability to buff the on use effect to makes it deals more damage and the very high damage occurences coming for our spells was making gaining stacks very quickly. Theses exact two elements are nerfed, making it so Fury doesn't synergise more than other specs with theses traits.
    Now it's pretty much back to what it is on live, maybe a tiny slightly less shit.

So yeah, there is really nothing to be excited about Imo from both a performance and gameplay perspective it's almost the exact same. I'm looking forward to play another class.

Quote Originally Posted by omegalulz View Post
    Hello there,

So I've been testing and watching warrior things related to 8.2, hoping for our specs to become less weak for the next patch and....I have to say that I'm pretty damn worried right now.

Arms is not great on live, even on fights perfecetely suited for the spec (2 targets cleave) it just performs poorly. But in a week this poor spec will have to face another huge issue added in 8.2: Arms just doesn't sinergyse with any essences in particual and both of the spec specific ones are just complete garbage: nothing seems strong combined with arms. And no a small 5% buff is absolutely not going to change anything to that, Blizzard probably buffed the spec seeing how poorly it is already going to perform.

Fury was looking really great until the Blood of the ennemy/Unbound force nerf. Bth of theses traits had a pretty big sinergy with the spec with the ability to buff the on use effect to makes it deals more damage and the very high damage occurences coming for our spells was making gaining stacks very quickly. Theses exact two elements are nerfed, making it so Fury doesn't synergise more than other specs with theses traits.
    Now it's pretty much back to what it is on live, maybe a tiny slightly less shit.

So yeah, there is really nothing to be excited about Imo from both a performance and gameplay perspective it's almost the exact same. I'm looking forward to play another class.
    You are not excited but a lot of high end melee players are gearing their warriors because warrior seems on paper one of the strongest dps for Eternal Palace.

I'm looking forward to play another class.
    Okay, byeeeeee.

You are not excited but a lot of high end melee players are gearing their warriors because warrior seems on paper one of the strongest dps for Eternal Palace.
    If Warrior is great next patch I will be the first guy happy to play it! But for now I might ask you why it is "one of the strongest dps for Eternal Palace." as you say (because you surely don't say that without having done any researsh) and if you can also tell me who are theses players and when they made their decision to gear some warriors ? Because as I said Fury Warrior was definetely looking great at some point during the PTR, when both of the traits used by the spec were not nerfed, now it's not the case anymore at all and all you have to do to in order to see it is log in to the PTR, go to the proving grounds and hit the target dummy.
    Last edited by omegalulz; 2019-06-20 at 05:05 PM.

Are you pushing world first or are involved in some highend raiding? if not it doesnt really matter. You can do the raid with every dps spec.

Are you pushing world first or are involved in some highend raiding?
    Not WF but highend top 30W yes

if not it doesnt really matter. You can do the raid with every dps spec.
    You are completely right

If Warrior is great next patch I will be the first guy happy to play it! But for now I might ask you why it is "one of the strongest dps for Eternal Palace." as you say (because you surely don't say that without having done any researsh) and if you can also tell me who are theses players and when they made their decision to gear some warriors ? Because as I said Fury Warrior was definetely looking great at some point during the PTR, when both of the traits used by the spec were not nerfed, now it's not the case anymore at all and all you have to do to in order to see it is log in to the PTR, go to the proving grounds and hit the target dummy.
    To be fair, I heard it from the players in various level, both world first raiding and world 30-50th. As far as I am aware both Method and Limit have ~3-4 alt warriors fully geared in BoD and planning take them to Heroic splits. They gonna make their decisions after Heroic test raids and balance changes before mythic.

No this is not what they are doing or at least not for the purpose of having a comp with a lot of warriors, they are just stacking a lot of class of the same type of armor in order to craft professions items with them when the raid release and trade the players who are on their mains.

Most likely revvez will play warrior if it's not very bad wich should not be the case, that's about it.

No this is not what they are doing or at least not for the purpose of having a comp with a lot of warriors, they are just stacking a lot of class of the same type of armor in order to craft professions items with them when the raid release and trade the players who are on their mains.

Most likely revvez will play warrior if it's not very bad wich should not be the case, that's about it.
    Profession items are made 5ilvl below raid gear and have socket. Crafting Heroic tier item wont let trading Heroic loot. So they obviously have different ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    Profession items are made 5ilvl below raid gear and have socket. Crafting Heroic tier item wont let trading Heroic loot. So they obviously have different ideas.

https://twitter.com/xerwo/status/1141572523613708289

farming 75x5 pearls on alts for craftables
    I'm literraly quoting a player of the guild you just mentionned, idk what you need more. And no they are not farming on 5 characters with the intention to progress on all theses characters, it's not how it works.

Now this is offtopic anyway and there is really no point for me to keep answering of some stuff you just throw out of nowhere without even taking the time to understand the whole scope, you seeing 5 warriors on an 6th alt run (https://twitter.com/xerwo/status/1141572797505974272) does mean absolutely nothing about the state of the class in 8.2
    If you want to know more about their organisation just go ask some method/limit/or wathever streamers
    Last edited by omegalulz; 2019-06-20 at 10:30 PM.

https://twitter.com/xerwo/status/1141572523613708289

I'm literraly quoting a player of the guild you just mentionned, idk what you need more. And no they are not farming on 5 characters with the intention to progress on all theses characters, it's not how it works.

Now this is offtopic anyway and there is really no point for me to keep answering of some stuff you just throw out of nowhere without even taking the time to understand the whole scope, you seeing 5 warriors on an 6th alt run (https://twitter.com/xerwo/status/1141572797505974272) does mean absolutely nothing about the state of the class in 8.2
    If you want to know more about their organisation just go ask some method/limit/or wathever streamers
    I did and they said that it looks like Warrior is going to be top performing melee class in Eternal Palace. So please stop this nonsense.

1. You didn't said "top melee" but "one of the strongest dps for Eternal Palace" wich also include range dps that represent 70% of a DPS roster, so being top melee is much more meaningless.
    2. I asked you why and you still didn't gave any argument/gameplay explanation. The only thing you are doing is keep saying "warrior top dps" you can say that 1000 more times it will still be completely meaningless

Like I don't want to be mean but a some point if you come to a forum it's to discuss so you have to argue and prove with some argument otherwise don't bother typing on your keyboard

1. You didn't said "top melee" but "one of the strongest dps for Eternal Palace" wich also include range dps that represent 70% of a DPS roster, so being top melee is much more meaningless.
    2. I asked you why and you still didn't gave any argument/gameplay explanation. The only thing you are doing is keep saying "warrior top dps" you can say that 1000 more times it will still be completely meaningless

Like I don't want to be mean but a some point if you come to a forum it's to discuss so you have to argue and prove with some argument otherwise don't bother typing on your keyboard
    You have no arguments and you do bother typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    You have no arguments and you do bother typing.
    The onus is on you, saying they'll be top.

What makes them top? What makes them so good? Others gear them, according to you, and we're supposed to just believe you?

Are they still gearing them after the nerfs?

What spec did the oracles tell you would be dominant?
    Last edited by Protean; 2019-06-23 at 08:36 PM.

Mainly due to new gear and the fact the bosses are essentially designed around their strong suits

What's the word on good Essence picks for Fury now that Blood and Force are nerfed? Just go Vision and Memory for maximum Fury generation? There seems to be no discussion on the major forums, but I suspect I'm behind the times and all the real theorycrafting happens on one Discord or another these days.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Mainly due to new gear and the fact the bosses are essentially designed around their strong suits
    This is wrong, the only area where Fury shines more than others DPS Specs is sustained 5 targets stacked AOE. For arms it's 2 targets, Both are not really really a thing, other than we might see some use of Arms for 1 boss.

New gear ? I mean other than a trinket that can be usefull in execute phase (moe haste based on missing health of the target) there is nothing warrior specific, stop being so vague.

What's the word on good Essence picks for Fury now that Blood and Force are nerfed? Just go Vision and Memory for maximum Fury generation? There seems to be no discussion on the major forums, but I suspect I'm behind the times and all the real theorycrafting happens on one Discord or another these days.
    The war discord has been updated yesterday, basicaly for both fury and arms you go with Condensed Life-Force as main and Condensed Life-Force as minor.

Kinda boring, there is some small synergie but really nothing crazy fun compared to specs like Frost DK or WW Monks who are geting some real gameplay changing essences

Anyone trying to claim how specs will pan out before the raid is even out, much less mythic, and using data from before the patch (that came out legit today) is incredibly silly.

Swapped all my gear over to Arms for doing Naz/Mech content. Of course it's not reflective of raid/dungeon content, but if my experience is similar to others going into raids it will effect initial representation and long term representation if Fury and Arms are relatively close in raid/dungeon progression.

Arms feels terrible. It's not the rotation. It's the mechanics. Colossus Smash makes up a huge chunk of damage and has an obscene cooldown. It feels like I'm throwing packing peanuts at targets outside of colossus smash windows or execute. Far, far too much of Arms DPS is packed into Execute phase. Given that guilds will be progression oriented, I can't see myself playing Arms during raids unless it's clearly superior to Fury on the sole basis that going in as Arms will hurt progression because I'm useless outside of execute. The AoE is like Feral levels of terrible outside of specific windows where it jumps to insane and OP. If my Bladestorm or Sweeping Strikes is on CD it's probably the weakest AoE of any class I've ever actually played. It's sustain is somehow vastly worse than Fury as well.

It's so miserable I just had to switch back to Fury for the next 2 weeks and I can't see myself going back to Arms for world content unless it's so significantly better than Fury for raiding that I'll eventually just outgear the world content to the extent the QoL issues no longer matter. And unfortunately because I have to respec Azerites to play Arms it probably means Arms is staying on the shelf for the patch unless it just blows Fury out of the water in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    Anyone trying to claim how specs will pan out before the raid is even out, much less mythic, and using data from before the patch (that came out legit today) is incredibly silly.
    Not really for some cases, we knew that Spriests/Warlock were going to be strong for CoS before the raids come out. When the DPS mechanics/utility of your spells shine on an encounter, it's pretty easy to tell ahead if you are going to be strong.

Now when it comes to Warrior, outside of spotting a lot of 2 targets cleave encounter I agree that it pretty much only comes to the tuning of the specs before the mythic laucnh.

But for Fury this is want I have in my mind: Tuning wise the pec didn't changed at all since BoD so it's mediocre, The essences dosn't have more impact on the spec than any other spec in the game, no crazy synergy. But that being said, it's not terrible either DPS wise, it's middle of the pack so I am not really excpecting a buff either. So yeah that's why I don't have a lot of hope for warrior, but tbh I hope that I'm wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashetaka View Post
    Swapped all my gear over to Arms for doing Naz/Mech content. Of course it's not reflective of raid/dungeon content, but if my experience is similar to others going into raids it will effect initial representation and long term representation if Fury and Arms are relatively close in raid/dungeon progression.

Arms feels terrible. It's not the rotation. It's the mechanics. Colossus Smash makes up a huge chunk of damage and has an obscene cooldown. It feels like I'm throwing packing peanuts at targets outside of colossus smash windows or execute. Far, far too much of Arms DPS is packed into Execute phase. Given that guilds will be progression oriented, I can't see myself playing Arms during raids unless it's clearly superior to Fury on the sole basis that going in as Arms will hurt progression because I'm useless outside of execute. The AoE is like Feral levels of terrible outside of specific windows where it jumps to insane and OP. If my Bladestorm or Sweeping Strikes is on CD it's probably the weakest AoE of any class I've ever actually played. It's sustain is somehow vastly worse than Fury as well.

It's so miserable I just had to switch back to Fury for the next 2 weeks and I can't see myself going back to Arms for world content unless it's so significantly better than Fury for raiding that I'll eventually just outgear the world content to the extent the QoL issues no longer matter. And unfortunately because I have to respec Azerites to play Arms it probably means Arms is staying on the shelf for the patch unless it just blows Fury out of the water in raids.
    Hehe I can undestand you pov but imo Arms is a way more interesting spec than fury:

First off: The test of might traits is essential to the spec and it adds a lot to the gameplay, it actuall adds a complete new mechanic to the spec wich you need to play around with. The playstyle is the following: you build rage by doing charges between auto-attacks swing timer, spend the more you can into your colossus smahs window, you get a huge strengh buff and then use bladestorm/continue dealing damage.

By the time your ToM buff will end, you will only have a few seconds left on your CS. So basically, instead of having 1 big damage window you have 2 and when the 2nd end you are alrady back to the 1, it just makes a loop instead of having a gape.

In AOE situations while using ToM you should play with Cleave; wich allows to have a more sustaines AOE and to keep your ToM playstile to use bladestorm after your colossus smash window.

Going for warbreaker/bladestorm is pointless with this trait

Overall arms offer much more min/max than the fury faceroll playstile, you can't really do anyting wrong as fury
    Last edited by omegalulz; 2019-06-27 at 10:19 AM.