Germany: Death threats sent to pro-refugee politicians

As the investigation of the killing of Walter Lübcke intensifies, Cologne's mayor and several other German politicians have had their lives threatened. Police say the threats likely also stem from right-wing extremists.

A death threat was sent to Cologne Mayor Henriette Reker (pictured), police confirmed on Wednesday, just weeks after a German politician was murdered in what authorities believe was a "right-wing extremist" attack.

Police in the western German city told the mass-circulation Bild newspaper that the threatening note is believed to have been sent by someone active in the right-wing extremist scene.

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-death-...ans/a-49273273

I often make fun of American white supremacists, saying they're backwards and uneducated. But when I look at German with supremacists, they look normal, and I feel normal people are far more dangerous.

Do you think we'll see more of these attacks in the future?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    I often make fun of American white supremacists, saying they're backwards and uneducated. But when I look at German with supremacists, they look normal, and I feel normal people are far more dangerous.

Ok, let's try this again, what are you trying to say with your first two sentences?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

A bunch of times actually.

So you feel the political murderers and death-threat issuers are "normal"? And their victims are "far more dangerous"?

Says one hell of a lot more about you than it says about normality.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-06-20 at 01:54 PM.

Every politician is pro-refugee, since Germany is a signatory to the Geneva Refguee Convention. These death threats are serious, but really, nothing new. But go on, freak out a bit more, the world must be a terrifying place for you...
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So you feel the political murderers and death-threat issuers are "normal"?

Says one hell of a lot more about you than it says about normality.

Ours.

Theirs.

I'm comparing our white supremacists to German white supremacists. The German ones seem to have their act together.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Ours.

Theirs.

I'm comparing our white supremacists to German white supremacists. The German ones seem to have their act together.
    Because one of the pictures doesn’t have Dora the Explorer in the background.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Ours.

Theirs.

You could have just as easily posted pictures of khaki-clad Trump supporters who feel the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer of Leftism View Post
    While I certainly support more sex for more people and don't think the old norms are viable, it's also become pretty obvious that leftists only support sexual freedom because they think it will spread STDs more, damage the family and damage society. Their intentions are not to spread more freedom, they just want people sick, hopefully dependent on their healthcare too.
    Yes, someone actually said that.

Ours.

Theirs.

A picture of the US Senate would have sufficed.
    We are often struck down easily. However no matter how often beaten, we can't forget the joy we felt during the dispute. The pleasure of stretching our willpower. The pleasure of trying out our own strength. The pleasure of seeing a manifestation of real comradely emotions among friends. The pleasure of seeing the world clearly split into camps of foes and friends. The pleasure of seeing an improvement in our own personality. by Sakae Osugi

That's this thread's question. I'm sorry I bought up that observation, all I know about Germany is what I see in the news.

-- Capt. Copeland