Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Talking Heroic warfronts promise to be comedy gold!

I’m really surprised there hasn’t been more talk about heroic warfronts! I know standard warfronts are divisive, I personally love them as cyclical content, because they’re inevitable and a good source of “Apply time and win,” but heroic will give upgraded gear, and they have all the makings of a glorious train wreck!

-Premade groups
    -reactive, trinity-role-agnostic strategy as the flow is shaken up by random occurrences like the opposing general riding out to run people over and the need for resources!
    -a non-inevitable outcome for a similar time sink, set to bigger combat numbers
    -apparently a need for cohesion and leadership to win
    -people will try to pug it.
    -cohesion means one voice, one person living out their armchair battleground general fantasies with a no-vote kicking situation
    -I can only imagine what the group finder descriptions will look like: “bob is in charge, listen to bob or you’re out.”
    -again, premade groups only, General bob can kick you!

I imagine it will be fun for guilds who can field a team, but man... PUGs of these will be a hilariously unholy garbage fire! I can’t wait to read about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I’m really surprised there hasn’t been more talk about heroic warfronts! I know standard warfronts are divisive, I personally love them as cyclical content, because they’re inevitable and a good source of “Apply time and win,” but heroic will give upgraded gear, and they have all the makings of a glorious train wreck!

-Premade groups
    -reactive, trinity-role-agnostic strategy as the flow is shaken up by random occurrences like the opposing general riding out to run people over and the need for resources!
    -cohesion means one voice, one person living out their armchair battleground general fantasies with a no-vote kicking situation
    -I can only imagine what the group finder descriptions will look like: “bob is in charge, listen to bob or you’re out.”

I imagine it will be fun for guilds who can field a team, but man... PUGs of these will be a hilariously unholy garbage fire! I can’t wait to read about it!
    Did you ever play the early days of Alterac Valley? I imagine it'll be a lot like that, but with more salt as people lose to NPCs instead of other thinking players.

Do we know what the rewards are?

I hope we get the Elite version of the silver "Aspirant" set, that set looks amazing on the soldiers there. Shame we only got the super basic version.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Do we know what the rewards are?

I hope we get the Elite version of the silver "Aspirant" set, that set looks amazing on the soldiers there. Shame we only got the super basic version.
    Ilvl 425 ... meanwhile collecting pearls upgrades to 430.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Are they really that hard? 2 tanks and 2 healers would make the previous version easily managable, even if it was 4-5 times as hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    As opposed to a mindless boring, instanced form of content where not losing is guaranteed and you get loot at the end for it?

-Premade groups

well lets be realistic here. on day 1 it will be : "lfm hc wf 440+ show aotc " and then a fast 10 minutes zerg -_-

do we know if the heroic warfront comes with 8.2 next week or when season 3 starts in july 9th?

I can't see them being made difficult... you will likely be unable to afk them but I'm doubting it will require an extreme coordination beyond breaking the raid into 5 man teams.

I just hope they become actually difficult and not just a false difficulty created by a resource sink.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Ilvl 425 ... meanwhile collecting pearls upgrades to 430.
    and takes a suepr duper long time...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    do we know if the heroic warfront comes with 8.2 next week or when season 3 starts in july 9th?
    most likely the season, but who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well lets be realistic here. on day 1 it will be : "lfm hc wf 440+ show aotc " and then a fast 10 minutes zerg -_-
    The likeliest outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Are they really that hard? 2 tanks and 2 healers would make the previous version easily managable, even if it was 4-5 times as hard.
    Many people atill don't know what to do in the currwnt ones, ramping up difficulty will just highlight that. You also have a big chunk of afk people, they will sink the ship too. I see these being like a mich shittier version of LFR. Rewards not good enough for strong players to care and too strong for the shitty players to ignore.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account

-Premade groups

Honestly, I can't wait to experience it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It will be the same boring content for sure

Honestly, I think the Warfronts ship has sailed and making them "heroic" is too little support too late. Spend time building a group to then run around collecting wood and clearing waves of nobodies? Being in dedicated groups won't make that more engaging. And then at the end you get a single random piece of 425? Hard pass.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    You also have a big chunk of afk people, they will sink the ship too. I see these being like a mich shittier version of LFR.
    Only with just one person's opinion needed to kick people!

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Did you ever play the early days of Alterac Valley? I imagine it'll be a lot like that, but with more salt as people lose to NPCs instead of other thinking players.
    No, you are less salty vs NPC. The NPC is not "better" or "lucky". It's just a script running. I have played so many pvp/pve games, the saltiest people are ALWAYS in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Many people atill don't know what to do in the currwnt ones, ramping up difficulty will just highlight that. You also have a big chunk of afk people, they will sink the ship too. I see these being like a mich shittier version of LFR. Rewards not good enough for strong players to care and too strong for the shitty players to ignore.
    still how far can you ramp it out realisticaly .

what i mean is even now with 40% dmg buff from shrine and 2x aoe npcs (with 15% buff from ship) i am bursting for 100k+ dmg on aoe . 5 people with those will burst for 500k - and thats with my shitty 400 itlv wq gear.

i do know that most people dont bother with those or dont even know those are there but come on - organized group bursting for 1mln + if group moves toghether - how far they woudl have to do with tuning .

and thats without the crazy dmg from essences.....

this is geniuine question .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-06-19 at 04:33 PM.

Im literally AFKing my weekly warfront as I open this thread....Content sucks, and adding heroic will only make me dislike it more, cause it becomes current content and I haft to engage in it more actively now.

I just hope they tune it for easy enough with premade group in LFG or w/e.

Btw, without risking a infraction, a good AFK method is to like...do it while you eat right, so your at your desk or at least walking to it, and then hit auto run so you run across the map (stealth is needed i guess) so it looks like you aint fully afk. And at the end of the game you can AFK under the towers, at least on ally it works great in arathi, but darkshore is a bit meeh, so just gotta move up there..
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2019-06-19 at 04:40 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO