Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Oh go bawwwwww about it somewhere else. Sometimes you gotta pay for shit if you like it. If you don't like it enough to pay for it, what are you losing anyway?

They're pretty clear about what your restrictions are, so I really don't know what you're whinging about.
    Ouch, wrong tree boy. Im a founder, buyed at day one and played like the hell. I still believe combat is bets in tab target games, and love the stories before expansions (expansions story are utter crap).

So i "payed for my shit"

Still, monetization of this game is prime example how NOT to do this

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    SNIP...

also, anyone know when the exact date of release is? i wanna sub to get the expansion free, but i don't wanna sub too early since i don't really intend to play much or at all, until the expansion.
    At the moment it's just September if they can hit that target date. The September date was given quite a while ago. I'm no sold on them hitting that date with all the craziness bioware has been going through as of late (and thats just the stuff we hear about - no telling whats happening internally).

Would love to see it in September but I'm not getting my hopes up. This is biwoare after all. If it does come in September then I can be pleasantly surprised bioware stayed on target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Still, monetization of this game is prime example how NOT to do this
    "Freemium" is what saved this game from being another Wildstar.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

3+ Year Old Account
    You can certainly do a LOT more as a Non-subscriber in SWTOR (especially if you have subscribed in the past and thus are a Preferred Player) than you can do as a non subscriber in WoW. For one, if you have a character who is above level 50, you can keep playing that character even when your sub runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    You can certainly do a LOT more as a Non-subscriber in SWTOR (especially if you have subscribed in the past and thus are a Preferred Player) than you can do as a non subscriber in WoW. For one, if you have a character who is above level 50, you can keep playing that character even when your sub runs out.
    WoW doesn't advertise itself as F2P though, does it? It says it's a sub-only game with a free trial up to level 20.

Does this game still have a pvp lockout for f2p/preferred players? That puts me off playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimblake View Post
    Does this game still have a pvp lockout for f2p/preferred players? That puts me off playing this game.
    As far as I know, yes it still does unfortunately.