Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    To me it seems like you two are arguing about where to stand on the spectrum. Ion said they realized they were too much on the spec side. Maybe they will not go back to too much on class side so kralljin wont be sad but javelinjoe will be. But maybe they go too much even javelinjoe and i will be sad.

So dont waste your time nitpicking each other's sentences guys (im such a negotiator lol).

To me, "enhancement" as in both spec and name is too shallow to be enriched. Sure core of it is melee damage. But i think name should be changed and a breath must come to the spec with more freedom to get away from spells like flametongue and frostbrand. They have been actively used since tbc-wotlk. The way they are going is totally not fun to play. I think it should be scrapped.

Weapon buff should be like stormstrike. You deal damage with your weapon imbued by lightning! Done. Not +300-400 damage with flametongue...
    Wf business is more shady i dont think blizzard wants strong burst for any spec. So i guess old wf will never come back.

(imo ofc) Spec should be a melee spec which can kite melee classes a little to try to heal when overpowered. And deal some damage while doing it. Dont give us gap closers like feral lounge (total unimaginative band aid). Instead make us not so gimped while kited. Even simply shocks by themselves would nearly be enough. Every melee has gap closer. This would make us somewhat unique.

Just go play an older expansion because it sounds exactly what you want.
    Hi Sephurik

Well, obviously. Other games doesnt have such a class as "shaman". Our only referance comes from previous expensions. Which made us fell in love with enhancement. Newcoming expension made me feel like enhancement going to a direction i'm less familiar with. So i'm trying to explain what made me love in previous expensions in hope to return to a class/spec philosophy that i enjoy.

It's not like this has become a total something else. But certain small touches change the gameplay and feel of the class completely. I wish them "touched" in another direction

For me it's not only about racking the damage meters (which is ofc also important). I know other classes feel it too. I have lots of alts and i can say most of em has the same problem but its on another level for enhancement. Maybe it feels like that to me cus i main it but still those alts are not less than 10 years old as well.
    Last edited by Oturanboa; 2019-07-09 at 08:51 PM.

My personal suggestions for Shaman revamp

All
    • Ascendance should be baseline for all specs.

Elemental
    • Lightning Bolt should be instant-cast when moving. For balance, make it do less damage than a stationary cast.
    • Elemental Blast should be baseline, and grant all 3 stat increases. For balance, make those increases less than potent than they currently are.
    • Storm Elemental should be a separate spell from Fire Elemental. In addition, all 3 Elementals should have separate cooldown times.
    • Icefury should be a baseline spell.
    • Earthen Rage should be a baseline passive.

Enhancement
    • Earth Shield should function similar to how Marrowrend’s Bone Shield effect does for Blood Death Knights.
    • Feral Lunge should be baseline, so that Enhancement has a gap-closing skill like many other melee specs.
    • Searing Assault and Hailstorm should be baseline passive effects for Flametongue and Frostbrand, respectively.
    • Boulderfist should be baked into Rockbiter, but with a reduced damage increase for the sake of balance.
    • As Earth Elemental is the only such spell available to Enhancement, it should have a reduced cooldown.

Restoration
    • Ancestral Gift, a current PvP talent, should be a baseline passive.
    • Unleash Life should be a baseline spell.
    • Deluge should be a baseline passive.

I know it will never happen, but I'd love to see a Shaman tank spec that actually takes advantage of the Shield that the class can equip.

Like others here, I would also give Enhancement a 2H option. I don't have much issue with how Shaman plays. I actually quite enjoyed the Enhancement revamp in Legion.
    My comic series inspired by WoW and MMOs:

Tinker Class Concept 2018 Dragonsworn Class Concept 2019

My vision on enhancement changes.

Talent tree

15 Boulderfist Hot Hand Windsong
    30 Landslide Totem Mastery Forceful WInds
    45 Spirit Wolf Wind Rush Totem Feral Lunge
    60 Sundering Fury of Air Crushing Storm
    75 Ancestral Wolves Frostfire Wolves Storm Wolves
    90 Nature’s Guardian Healing Grace Etherial Form
    100 Earthen Spike Elemental Weapon Ascendance

Windsong - Increases your Haste by X% for next Y seconds after dealing a critical strike.

Landslide - Rockbiter increases the damage of your next Stormstrike by 100%.

Crushing Storm - Stormstrike increase the damage your target takes from your next Crash Lightning by X%, stacking up to Y times.

Fury of Air - Creates a vortex of wind 8 yards around you, dealing Frost damage every 1 sec to enemies caught in the storm, and slowing them by 30% for 3 sec.

Ascendance - Transform into an Storm Ascendant for 15 sec, reducing the cooldown by 100% and cost of Stormstrike by 66%, and transforming your auto attack and Stormstrike into Lightning attacks(stormblast) which bypass armor(still physical) and have a 30 yd range.

Elemental Weapon- Instant, 1 min cd. Causes your auto attacks and Stormstrike casts to deal elemental damage for 10 sec.

Storm Wolves - Reduces the cooldown of Feral Spirit by 30 sec and causes your Feral Spirits to be imbued with Lightning. (causes you to deal an additional Nature damage with each attack and your stormbringer empowered Stormstrikes to have increased critical chance)

Elemental Wolves- Reduces the cooldown of Feral Spirit by 30 sec and causes your Feral Spirits to be imbued with Fire and Frost. (Increases Flametongue and Frostbrand damage (on attack part))

Ancestral Wolves- Reduces the cooldown of Feral Spirit by 30 sec and causes your Feral Spirits to be imbued with Ancestors. (Increases Stormstrike and Windfury damage)

Healing Grace - Your Healing Surge no longer consumes Maelstrom.

Frostbrand - Chills your target, dealing Frost damage and applying Frostbrand to them, reducing their movement speed by 50% for 3 sec. Enhances your weapons for 16 sec, causing each attack to deal up to X Fire damage and apply Frostbrand.
    Frostbrand - 50% movement speed slow.

Flametongue - Scorches your target, dealing Fire damage and applying Searing Assault, and enhances your weapons with fire for 16 sec, causing each attack to deal up to X Fire damage and apply Searing Assault.
    Searing Assault - 6 seconds DOT

Crash lightning - Electrocutes all enemies around the target, dealing Nature damage and enhances your weapons for 10 sec, causing Stormstrike and Lava Lash to cast a Chain Lightning on the target. Each target hit by Crash Lightning increases the damage of your next Stormstrike by 5%.

Etherial Form - moved pvp talent (niche on demand soaking ability)

All of this was in mind with 150 Maelstrom cap and legion costs alongside with stormbringer reducing Stormstrike cost by 50%
    Last edited by Arnfrid; 2019-07-14 at 07:37 AM.

My vision on Enhancement:

- Make Earth Shield function similar to Marrowrend's Bone Shield.
    - Bake Boulderfist into Rockbiter, without the damage increase.
    - Bake Searing Assault and Hailstorm into their respective abilities.
    - Feral Lunge should be baseline. Enhancement needs a gap closer!
    - Stormbringer's proc rate should be increased to at least 10%, maybe even 15%.

Make Grounding Totem Baseline

Add in more utility totems based on things we see in game

Example = Rokhan's Totem of Concealment

Bring back Sentry Totem

Sentry Totem
    X Mana - Friendly targets within 20 yards of your sentry totem have their stealth detection dramatically increased for 3 seconds.

Overhaul Enhancement Visuals to actually use Totems
    Meaning....

Change the names of the attacks to the following
    Rockbiter renamed to Strength of Earth Totem

The shaman places an earth totem in thew ground, imbuing their weapons with rockbiter. This totem is purely visual, without health for attacking and have a range of 30 yards. The spell does the exact same damage...the visual replaces itself when the shaman moves 30 yards away from the totem.

Do this for all 3: Rockbiter = Strength of Earth Totem, Flametongue = Searing Totem, Frostbrand = Frostbrand Totem

The idea is to incorporate the racial visuals for totems more than simply via utility cooldowns, and if you take Totemic Mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

I genuinely think enhancement makes more sense as a slow 2h spec with stormstrike being a big fuck off hard hitting ability you use one every 10 seconds or so as opposed to being spammed as much as it is now

As far as elemental goes:

LB should be insta-cast when procced

Take FS off the goddamn cd

Buff earth shield a bit when self cast.

Make the entire spec not hit like a wet noodle, especially if you're going to have a slower warlock-esque gameplay style.

Enhancement plays ok, and has a good utility toolkit, but again, just flat out sucks for output.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    As far as elemental goes:

LB should be insta-cast when procced

Take FS off the goddamn cd

Buff earth shield a bit when self cast.

Make the entire spec not hit like a wet noodle, especially if you're going to have a slower warlock-esque gameplay style.

Enhancement plays ok, and has a good utility toolkit, but again, just flat out sucks for output.
    elemental has extremely strong single target damage. dunno what youre even saying about hitting like a wet noodle.

Earth Shield for Enhancement should be a damage reduction buff. Not unlike a previous iteration of Bone Shield, or Guardian Affinity. Earth Shield for Restoration can stay the same.

LB is already instant cast for Enhancement.

Searing Assault and Hailstorm, I think, should be baked into their respective abilities.

That's just Enhancement. For the class as a whole, Ascendance should be baseline.

Enhancement
    I'd like to see a return of Doom Winds for enhancement. I loved the ability, even though it was a very short duration. Other than that, I'd like to see the return of Fire Nova from MoP. I liked that kind of AoE, instead of our current Crash Lightning. I'd also like to see Crash lightning to an AoE around you or target location, instead of it cleaving in front of you. I don't like those kinds of spells.

In addition I've played on a private server as enhancement and I'd like to see a larger role for Windfury, like it had in Vanilla. Make it actually hurt and give us the ability to use two-handers back. I loved playing enhancement when I could swing a huge weapon and watch the extra attacks down th mob instantly. Give that back to us and reduce the effectiveness i PvP so players don't get instagibbed.

Elemental
    I'd like to see the Storm Elemental on a seperate cooldown from Fire Elemental. I'd also like to see the removal of Earth Shock as a sort of Chaos Bolt for shamans. It feels weird for me who is used to it hitting for much less in Vanilla.

Overall
    Make Ascendance baseline. I think it's was interesting ability for all specs in MoP and I feel sad when I read that it just isn't viable for Elemental : (

4 specs, one for each main element

each spec is themed after signature element, though can use other elements to a lesser extent through talents or whatever customization

rock, stone, earth for tank. can raise boulders to block damage and commune with the seismic activity to withstand onslaught and sense attacks through grounds reverberations, and become in-tune with the planet's heartbeat to clear mind and build confidence.

fire for melee. we don't have a melee fire spec and would be cool to punch with firey fists or weapons and overwhelming blazes

air, wind for ranged. always wanted a class that can control the wind, whipping up whirlwinds and casting breezes and buffets with gales from afar

water and spirit for healing.

I also like them utilizing weather to strengthen their element such as; sunny daylight strengthens fire, clouds or even snowy winds can make the air-themed shaman more elusive or quick, meteor shower reinforces stone, rainy weather strengthens water and healing.

Perhaps all shaman can use lighting or they can borrow from other spec's elements, while maintain their own signature element for their kit and theme. For instance fire can use pull magma through volcanoes in from the ground to accompnay him/her.

I also want the shaman to become the element for a time where becoming stone to withstand all damage and effects, becoming fire so that anything it touches or touches it will be singed, becoming the wind to either strengthen or speed up their air abilities or float away swiftly, even fade into invisibility as air, or becoming cloud-like, immune to most attacks and affects, and becoming water, deeply strengthening water based attacks or healing. Could have awesome visuals too!
    Last edited by dunkl; 2019-07-28 at 02:15 PM.

elemental needs to be more than a flame shock > lava burst > ???? > lightning bolt spec.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    4 specs, one for each main element
    That's just dumb, Shamans aren't mages that simply specialize on a single element.
    Even Resto has some earth based abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    elemental needs to be more than a flame shock > lava burst > ???? > lightning bolt spec.
    Pretty much every dps spec is at its bare bones just 3-4 buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post

Elemental:
    Core fantasy:
    Strong burst windows.

Signature spells:
    Lava Burst
    Chain Lightning

Pruning:
    Removing Maelstorm. Back to using Mana. The Maelstorm gathering abilities into these unsatisfying Earthquake/Earthshock is not fun.
    No more procs reseting the cooldown of Lava Burst. It is supposed to be this strong hitting spell that takes a while to get.
    I like the earthshock/earquake dynamic.

Depending how you build earthquake can be better on single-target, or earthshock is better thann EQ if 5> enemies. This gives the player more agency than a predetermined absolute must be played this way.

And if we're looking to have big burst damage, slot machine proccing is going to be a main feature, else it will turn into a lot of abilities with long cds and LB as filler, which is not fun.

I am happy where ele is, compared to the "good ol days" of wotlk/bc/vanilla. Mana never made things more complicated, just an easier way for blizzard to streamline their balancing. If anything they made things harder for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    My personal suggestions for Shaman revamp

All
    • Ascendance should be baseline for all specs.

Elemental
    • Lightning Bolt should be instant-cast when moving. For balance, make it do less damage than a stationary cast.
    • Elemental Blast should be baseline, and grant all 3 stat increases. For balance, make those increases less than potent than they currently are.
    • Storm Elemental should be a separate spell from Fire Elemental. In addition, all 3 Elementals should have separate cooldown times.
    • Icefury should be a baseline spell.
    • Earthen Rage should be a baseline passive.
    1.Isn't that what frost shock is for? An instant cast ability that does a little less damage than a lb? I mean even that if I use my procs right I can stay mobile without a dps drop, I see no reason for this unless you want to proc overload.
    2.Maybe I am missing something here, but out of the three t1 talents, that is by far the worst. Unless you want to make that base and have t1 be more competitive, then I guess. But it is not like Shamans are super pruned on abilities, even if you don't run stormkeep and icefury.
    3.Well, all 3 elements do have different cooldowns, as in they don't share cds, if that's what you're saying. But with storm what you're asking for is to have 2 pure dps elements, except one is better. Why not add another elemental, give them all a shorter cd but share a cd, so you have to choose what elemental you want in the situation, instead of adding redundant elementals and just burst them all out. No cd management mechanics take away skill and finesse.
    4+5. So the real solution is get rid of talents, make them base (and less competitive with your playstyle options) and maybe add more talents? Which do what? What is the point to make things baseline? Is it because it stops playings having to choose and just give it to us all? How is that valuable to the player?
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Good one. Everyone is loving how "evolved" the classes are in BfA. You clearly have not watched the Ion 8.2 speech.
    well tbh game have devolved into pathetic state but tbh going even further back is not really best way imo expecially with "clasic" almost here where you can make all your dreams come true

i loved clasic enh pvp with 2h WF although to be honest gamplay centered around stuning ppls while running around them waiting for WF to proc was been not really skill demanding, really funny but not really skillfull Being able to kill 3 ppls ankh up and kill another 2 was been seriously nice for me not that funny for enemies i asume :P Prabobly why Blizz scraped wildcard 2h+wf wiability in first expansion...
    After plaing every expansion i would love to get MoP like enhancement, maybe with some extra reliable deffensive CD in current meta.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Lets never let the OP redesign shaman. I love my ele the way it is. Its 1000% better than TBC or Vanilla shaman. Please take your bad ideas and throw them away. Or go play vanilla.

Resto Redesign Ideas

BUBBLES
    bubblebeam, bubble shield, slippery bubbles, you name it. I want to see bubble spells