Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    5) Storm Elemental baseline and separated from Fire Elemental.
    6) Icefury, Stormkeeper, and Ascendance baseline.
    Yeah, that's a bad idea.

First off, i don't think any class / spec needs 3(!) seperate baseline cooldowns, let alone ones that do synergize at all.

Storm Elemental in its current is a CD that should incentive you to just spam Lightning bolt, after all, that is the entire point of its bonus effect.
    During Ascendance you obviously will never cast LB, thus 15 seconds of Storm Ele are already wasted, if you then throw in Icefury & EB, you're not going to cast a lot of LB's while SE is up.

Sorry, but simply dumping more CD's / short CD active damage spells doesn't improve anything.
    The core [single target] rotation of Ele is fine currently, playing with Icefury feels statisfying once you get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    We need to get our goddamn totems back!
    The issue of totems remains that they are far too clunky.
    Unless their effects are utterly powerful (like in Classic / TBC) or worse, their effects are also brought by other classes (like in Wotlk-MoP), they should stay from that.

As a "buff supplier mechanic", they're just worse than regular buffs due to range restriction.
    Do you remember dropping totems in the middle of a boss room so everyone gets the buff?
    I do, meanwhile a DK / Mage hits a button and everyone in 100yards is buffed, even lasts beyond the death of the one who casted that buff.

As a damage mechanic, they just got ignored by the devs, no interesting mechanic to interact with, nothing.
    You dropped Searing / magma and that's it, no interaction, no special effect, just some pseudo passive damage tickling in.

Let alone how bad they are in PvP, everybody just runs up to your totems and kills them easily, costing you precious GCD's to re drop them.

I think there is some leeway for totems as a mechanic, but they primarily work far better as situational / short duration mechanic.
    Wind Rush totem is a good example how the Totem mechanic can be actually good, as it lasts 15 seconds and thus can be better than Stampeding roar in a certain situation.

Getting some totems back is fine with me, Grounding, Mana Tide, Fire Nova, Resistance Totem(s), yeah, sign me up.
    Buff totems however can fuck off unless they are extremely powerful or not unique to the Shaman class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The issue of totems remains that they are far too clunky.
    Unless their effects are utterly powerful (like in Classic / TBC) or worse, their effects are also brought by other classes (like in Wotlk-MoP), they should stay from that.

As a "buff supplier mechanic", they're just worse than regular buffs due to range restriction.
    Do you remember dropping totems in the middle of a boss room so everyone gets the buff?
    I do, meanwhile a DK / Mage hits a button and everyone in 100yards is buffed, even lasts beyond the death of the one who casted that buff.

As a damage mechanic, they just got ignored by the devs, no interesting mechanic to interact with, nothing.
    You dropped Searing / magma and that's it, no interaction, no special effect, just some pseudo passive damage tickling in.

Let alone how bad they are in PvP, everybody just runs up to your totems and kills them easily, costing you precious GCD's to re drop them.

I think there is some leeway for totems as a mechanic, but they primarily work far better as situational / short duration mechanic.
    Wind Rush totem is a good example how the Totem mechanic can be actually good, as it lasts 15 seconds and thus can be better than Stampeding roar in a certain situation.

Getting some totems back is fine with me, Grounding, Mana Tide, Fire Nova, Resistance Totem(s), yeah, sign me up.
    Buff totems however can fuck off unless they are extremely powerful or not unique to the Shaman class.

Totems have had worse times than others. It took blizzard way too long before to make it so that you dropped all 4 totems at once which didn't help not feeling clunky.

You seem to pretty much think that if totems come back, they will be exactly as they were before. There is absolutely nothing preventing blizzard from making some totems have a much bigger radius than the previous 30. They could make them 100 yards and simply go back to 30 in PVP. Even the current talent that drops 4 totems is 40 yards it's only to buff ourselves.

That's kinda like saying shocks were ignored by devs. They were fillers. You press the button and boom, done. Nothing interesting. They added the flame shock resetting LL CD later on but otherwise, they didn't do much either. Magma totem could simply be replaced by liquid magma totem (and thus baseline). Searing totem at one point had that mechanic where each hit added a debuff that buffed LL dmg by 20% per debuff. It was annoying yes, but still, there is absolutely nothing preventing them from breathing new life into totems. There is nothing preventing you from thinking about good ideas instead of being pessimist about them. A totem is just a spell. A button you press when the situation arises. You are DPSing a ST? LB. A Pack of mobs? CL. That's how it was for our maelstrom spender. You had the very same idea with ST VS MT. The only difference with totems is that they were all up all the time and ended up feeling mostly irrelevant since they were such a low DMG % that they were indeed mostly fillers.

I honestly don't care about PVP and could care less of their effect in that mode. Done a lot of PVP in the past but now I really don't care. Again, there is nothing preventing them from adding some mechanic to make them stay longer in PVP. Plus, I really hate how some prevent specs from evolving out of fear for PVP. WoW is mainly a PVE game after all.

IMO it's not about making buff totems extremely powerful but more of a "Ok, we are missing X buff, drop that totem and just make sure it stays up". It's for the flavor of being the combat buffing class we used to be. It's hard to balance since if they are unique, the increased DMG needs to be factored into the shams overall DPS, which sucks for our overall DMG, but if they are really just there to cover for 1 or 2 missing raid buff, then they are just a bonus. That might make shams too desirable but hey, it's not like druids didn't have stampeding roar and many specs have/had cool mechanics that made them just a bit more fun to have around.

I know totems have had dark times, it doesn't mean that they can't be fixed. It just really sucks that our iconic mechanic is now barely inexistant. Grounding totem is PVP exclusive now, capacitor totem on stunnable mobs... Earthbind sometimes... Tremor totem when you see the spell coming, otherwise it is a shadow of it's former glory... Yep that's it. I got nothing to drop otherwise unless I talent into wind rush or totem mastery. Hell, in legion I liked those moments when I could drop skyfury totem during a world boss. I at least had a little totem doing something for a little while!

They could make them 100 yards and simply go back to 30 in PVP.
    Might as well make them auras like the Paladin ones, at which point they just cease to be totems.

Matter of fact is, this clunkiness is an inherit part of the totem mechanic, by fixing that you essentially removes what makes totems so special.

That's kinda like saying shocks were ignored by devs. They were fillers. You press the button and boom, done. Nothing interesting. They added the flame shock resetting LL CD later on but otherwise, they didn't do much either.
    The crucial difference is that Shocks could be fixed, whereas totems have been just a mess since Wotlk and onwards as core mechanic of the Shaman class.

Magma totem could simply be replaced by liquid magma totem (and thus baseline).
    And quite a few will then piss and moan because their dps is then so reliant on whether the tanks keeps mobs next to the Totem.

It's one of those instances where certain spells are just totems for the sake of being one, you carry all the disadvantages without any advantages.
    That is why i highlighted Windrush Totem, because it actually has upsides by being a Totem rather than just having disadvantages.

It was annoying yes, but still, there is absolutely nothing preventing them from breathing new life into totems. There is nothing preventing you from thinking about good ideas instead of being pessimist about them.
    Take a step back and read that paragraph again.
    You might find the answer why i disagree with you.

A totem is just a spell.
    Yes, with a load of drawbacks because it is a static object.

I honestly don't care about PVP and could care less of their effect in that mode.
    I do.
    Some care about M+, i don't give a shit about M+.
    Some care about about performance on Mythic raid encounters, others don't.

For example, i like how Ele is currently and i am fairly certain that refocusing the class back onto totems will ruin that.

Who's right now?

IMO it's not about making buff totems extremely powerful but more of a "Ok, we are missing X buff, drop that totem and just make sure it stays up".
    I don't get it.
    On the one side i get the feeling you want totems to be that super important mechanic to Shaman, and there you "yeah, just drop them case we don't have that buff".
    Bit like saying that re introducing Arcane Intellect fixed Mage class design.

Tremor totem when you see the spell coming, otherwise it is a shadow of it's former glory
    Okay, how is that different from previously?
    Tremor is a reactive spell, you're not going to use it unless you encounter something that sleeps,fears or charms.

That's not a class design issue, that's an encounter design issue.

I quite enjoy elemental as it is now, I do miss MoP elemental where I could lightning bolt on the move though.

I wish enhance would go back to legion release and just make hailstorm baseline.

I would like to see a return of the 2handed Enhancement Shaman. I like dual wielding but I also like the concept of wielding a wind propelled big fuck off two handed mace or axe. I've been enjoying playing it again in classic wow. I've missed playing it since vanilla.

But I also would like to see a fourth spec letting Shaman be the first mail armored tank .

Their gimmick could be environmental AOE tanking with heavy Earth element themeing with fire and water and lightning still in there.

They could still one on one tank and not be as good as others but they would excel at holding onto groups of enemies and damage reduction buffing the raid. ( like a Priests Barrier)

I could imagine some abilities like

Rockwall. It would function like protection Warriors ignore pain but applied as a barrier and giving a buff off a cylinder shaped Zone behind the rock wall and The Rock wall visibly deteriorates as the damage reduction reaches 0.

Quicksand: you cause a radius of quicksand ensnaring enemies caught Within. Those affected take a 10% to 60% attack and movement speed reduction based on how many are affected for x amount of seconds.

Earthen grasp ( spammable) : you cause the Earth within a 10-yard Cone to squeeze targets for x amount of damage. If cast into a radius of quicksand Earthen grasp will damage all those affected and refresh ( or extend) Quicksands remaining Duration.
    Omians- 120 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream
    Pokemon Friend Code- 4382 - 3430 - 6494

I want Stormblast back. Tie it to Maelstrom (Costs 50, maybe), revert the design of the whole spec back to MoP, keep Crash Lightning so it makes Windfury, Stormstrike and Lava Lash cleave. Do that, and I'm a happy camper.

just a thematic point of view, i wish shamans in general got more lighting skills, the class be based on that a bit more, they are too much fire and lava shenanigans, look like i am a mage and i don't like that, lighting/wind based would become good differential without stooping using fire and earth.

i would be happy with a talent/glyph to change lava burst into thunderburst i dunno.

2H enhancement would be dream of mine too, an option/talent or even just transmog option.

i hate totens, maybe its because i have the far seer printed in my mind, so i don't like to be forced to use totens so i prefer totens sty s options.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-09-11 at 10:54 PM.