Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    You had people calling out their dps cds or aligning melee/ranged burst windows around short group/solo buffs and I think that's what hybrid roles are really lacking.
    I think that doesn't work because WoW hasn't really focused onto organized group content that much, there's not communication required at its core since forever unless you're pushing PvP / PvE really hard.

On top of that, we saw hints of that in WoD with the Legendary ring, after the first use, it very often turned into argument when to use the 2nd one, use it on CD, delay it for CD's for spec X,Y and so forth.
    It really didn't feel that amazing, it was a tool for the raid leader to play around and that's it.

There's room for some support tools, but i stand by it that basically shoving it into a handful of specs and turning those into the anchor abilities wouldn't be great.

As with ALL other classes, remove iconic abilities from PvP talents/talents. Ascendance doesn't need to be a talent, that's bullshit. It's shitty design.

I think that core identity of Ele is solid enough. It needs tuning and number crunching, but it has a concept that works at conveying what the master of elements should be. It has great spell and casting animations, and at least fulfills the fantasy of the concept.

Enh is the problem child. It just hasn't really had a solid class fantasy for a long time. It feels like a random string of melee attacks that don't actually do much. It's play style is drab, and it doesn't really hit at anything special. It feels like a Fury Warrior, Outlaw Rogue or Frost Death Knight if they were broken down to blandness. That's sad.

My personal preference would be to see a return to 2H, but it has admittedly been a loooooong time since that was the norm, so it feels out of place. I'll put the weapon(s) aside then and just list what I think the spec should have:

1) Control - Enh has little in the way of CC and it seems like a spec that should have a lot more of it. The elements feel like a great way to control and lock down your enemy,. and having some fun options here would be great.

2) Increased Melee Range - Let the Enh Shaman fight from a slightly larger range than other melee classes. From bursts of flames from their weapons, to lightning bursts to lava whips to spikes coming from the ground, give them the niche of increased range.

3) Class Fantasy is a Spellcasting Warrior - They bombard their enemies with elemental magic, they infuse their weapons with it. The class fantasy is a combination of magic and steel that is unique amongst the classes. The Enhancement Shaman is not the pure melee character that a Warrior or Rogue is, nor is he the caster the likes of a Mage or his Elemental brethren. Rather, he sits in a middle ground where he is something between the two. Talents give him the ability to fine tune this. Want more survivability? Take some earth talents. More movement and control? Wind talents. Less burst and more DoT? Fire telents. Whatever. Let the Shaman choose how they work, but give them a niche that they can own.

I dont know enough about Enhance to write about it, all I can say is I think they should get the original Windfury totem back

Elemental

1. Add Skyfury totem as baseline
    2. Tune it so most of the damage comes from chain lighning in AOE and Lava Burst in ST
    3. Fix all totem no path available problems, i mean its 2019 ffs
    4. Balance Talents, Ascendance is Fun AF but never a viable option
    5. Make Lava burst 2 charges baseline like BM Hunter got 2 charges DB in Legion
    6. Remove the CD on Flame shock or make it max 2seconds
    7. Add Spirits walker grace spell as baseline
    8. Add Gust of Wind back to the spec as baseline and make a Talent that makes it 2 charges
    9. Add Stone Bulwark Totem as Baseline

Restoration

1. Add Mana Spring totem as basline
    2. Re adjust the spells so that you arent limited to so many healing spells that requires players to be stacked
    Two ways of doing this is making the Tidebringer PvP Talent Baseline and increasing the healing done by healing stream totem

3. Add Stone Bulwark Totem
    4. Let the spec be able to Dispell more than just Curses and Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlesocks View Post
    Bring back totems as a core utility of the class, and streamline them to the spec so that each spec may use them in a lore/gameplay friendly way. Ideally each of these would be relatively short cooldowns (15 seconds or so), but will complicate how we heal so long as they are kept mana efficient. Along with using totems as spells, you can convert Ascendance to be an off the gcd class ability (15sec cooldown) that unlocks and amplifies the next totem effect for a short time (places totem on burnout preventing it from ascending again for 'x' time). Some examples for Resto, being the spec I knew best:
    1-Fire totem as a targeted single target heal through cauterization. (Large initial heal with small DoT cancelled by riptide. Ascendance upgrades to "volcano burst" to heal an area)
    2-Earth totem as an applicator for Earth Shield or targeted Earthen Wall. (Ascendance upgrades to Stone Armor, adding massive damage reduction to target/or Aoe earthen wall)
    3-Water totem as healing stream. (Ascendance upgrades to focus stronger regen effect placed on a single target.)
    4-Air totem as single target shield and move speed increase. (Ascendance upgrades to aoe effect around totem placement.)
    I've always been proponent if a system like this. Tie the totem to active abilities, even if it's 'only' cosmetic (all spell effects are cosmetic). E.g. Make Flame Shock drop a totem at the target's feet, just as a visual. You could move away from it and FS would remain, but canonically the FS comes from the totem. Same with Earthquake, Riptide, etc.

Restoration
    A Talent to replace Mastery so as to feel more useful outside of progress

A New talent like
    Earth Ward
    Creates a stone barrier around your allies that absorbs # amount of damage. (mitigation is and always will be king, let shamans join m+ competitively.)

Bringing old abilities back as baseline ie earth shield

10+ Year Old Account
    For me the core fantasy of shaman is as the following :

Enhancement :
    Use the elements to temporary buff your combat abilities. Having each abilities interact with each others. The fire dot that interacted with your Lava Lash, the nature boost that interacted with your Stormstrike/Lightning. We need more like this. Selecting the right ability to hit/delay in order to maximize your next ability is the key part of what made Enh so fun for me. We lost this, not it's just maintain xyz buff and hit stormstike each time it procs.

Elemental :
    I really like the current Ele spec, but i think we lost a bit too much focus on Lava Burst procs and Ascendance. I find it weird that when i have a Lava Surge proc it's not no1 priority. And Ascendance felt like it was the "now it's serious business time. I would much prefer having Ascendance instead of Fire Elemental as the primary damage boost.

Resto :
    The things i miss the most about resto is the single target healing i had. For me Resto shaman was about dishing out aoe healing for regular damage and spot healing players who went too low with my single target heal. Mastery need a rework since they introduced it. I think it should random procs mini chain heal between players.
    I like the azerite trait that gives my Healing Stream Totem a mini chain heal at least HST gets some cool effect with it. HST was always boring they need to put an interaction to hit. I think they should add an interaction with HST that if i heal the totem directly it does some additionnal effect. And let me put the totem where i want on the map instead of directly at my feet.
    And one other thing i miss that was present for a really short amount on time for resto shaman. Lightning bolt that gave mana back on hit. That was such a great way of having actual control on my mana. It enabled the gameplay of overspending mana when needed and regenning on low damage phases.

Oh and i'd like shaman tanking please!
    Last edited by Kagdar; 2019-09-05 at 11:12 PM.

Some talent balance aside, Elemental is absolutely fantastic and along with Legion the best it's ever been flavour, play style and utility wise. Please don't change it at all.

1. Bring back Lightning Bolt while moving
    2. Bring back Gust of Wind
    3. Give Enhance a decent tanking toolkit so we can at least tank outdoor group content

Been enhancement since vanilla, here is what I think.

No, I wouldn't want enh to go back to 2handers. I always likes dual wielding and enh has been DW since BC and I do think it would be too far a departure from what we have been for so long. We aren't frost DK who had both gameplay (Which IMO should get that possibility back in 9.0*).

I do agree that WF should go back to being a bigger part of our gameplay. Yes, it is a random mechanic and RNG is not exactly fun in the long run. Yes I had good times 1 shotting people and mobs in vanilla, but having a big part of your DMG be from just standing there and looking at the pretty tornado is not exactly rewarding skill wise. Also, for the love of god, give it back a decent fucking animation!!! It was our iconic RNG proc for so long with an incredibly cool effect. Legion just put that in the trash like if it meant nothing at all. I honestly do not know what exactly should be done to make WF relevant without making it cheap no skill trick. Well, actually I have a few but none feels right and not just annoying in the long run. I will get back to this later on. Marked by *--*.

Stormstrike should hit hard. I like the current SB gameplay, legion gameplay when we had the talent that gave 2 charges and we went mad with stromstrikes for long streak was fun... but ultimately, it feels like the attack means basically nothing. There was a reason people really enjoyed ascendance when it was first added. Those stormblast hit for a ton and looked incredible (PLZ bring that effect pack...).

We need to get our goddamn totems back! I don't think that needs mentioning but here goes. Yes, totems like the old WF totem and SoE/GoA were kinda hard to balance as we had not much idea how much DMG they were adding. Maybe with today's tech it would be easier to know? I don't know... maybe totems such as SoE or GoA should not be a flat stat but instead work in a similar way as stormlash back in legion? The biggest head scratching I have as far as it goes for totems is this. At the end of the day, every class and spec needs to bring the same DMG to a group (We know that it is often not true, but that is what balancing is trying to do and what the game would be like in a ideal world). So how do you keep shamans fun to play alone and feel like they aren't being gutted if they are made to deal 85% of the dmg of other classes by themselves and get that 15% back from other sources? That, I do not know. Maybe we should just go back to legion totem design, as in our totems are there for ourselves only. Need ST dmg? Searing totem. Need AoE? Magma totem and activate liquid magma totem. If group buffs come back, what if enh had a ton of totems that basically covered all of the buffs you can find? In a raid env it would mean shamans can always cover for the missing buff. Shamans could pick up the buff if let's say your only warrior died and now there is nobody to battle shout. You're doing a 5 man, the others are giving you all the buffs you need but there isn't a mage to increase int of the 2 DPS and healer: Just pop the totem that gives int (and maybe something else?). That way, perhaps they could be balanced to do as much DMG as every other spec since their buffing capabilities are mostly to offer buffs others would usually give. They would thus return to their "master of buff" without gimping them into lower dmg?

I love maelstrom, and I do think the current system should stay! Every class has it's regenerative ressources now and shams should be no exception. My issue with the current system is how necessary it is. From BC to WoD, it was always a "optional" ressource. In the sense that there was nothing you couldn't do without maelstrom. Want to throw a heal? You still can but it will have a cast time. Want to throw a lightning bolt or chain lightning? You can, but cast time again... There wasn't any ability that was really blocked behind it. You could just throw LB at an enemy you can't melee. That was nice IMO, it prevented us from feeling completely useless in those moments. Maelstrom, in it's previous form, opened possibilities up, it didn't prevent us from using abilities altogether. I hated the new "spec fantasy" of blizzard partly because of that. I liked enh because I was like an ele sham that was using some unique melee abilities and throwing his shocks and LB/CL right in my enemies face. So I do think it should stay! But it should be more akin to the older system than the current "rage pretending to be something else" system. I would like LB/CL to go back to being our maelstrom spender while SS becomes our big DMG. I have no idea what place lava lash would occupy at this point tho :-/.

I also really hope they put flametongue back into the "don't think about it" basket. I really hope we get our flame shock back, as well as frost shock and maybe even earth shock. I hated how so many of the new abilities of enh in legion was focusing on things we really never cared about in the spec and made our iconic WF pretty much irrelevant. EVEN GRAPHICALLY!!!

I'd like to get my fire elemental back too! I liked that guy! The biggest problem I have tho is that we can't end up with too many CD, otherwise our DMG without those end up being too low. I think it was in MoP where we had way too much DMG done from that guy + feral spirits or something? I'd like him back but I'm not sure how :-/

I already wrote a lot and I'm really tired. I'm sure I forgot some aspect of the spec too :-/. Basically what I would like our spec to look like

- Strong hitting stormstrike back
    - LB be our maelstrom spender (or maybe something new even? Or just a cooler animation to show off since we're in melee) just not with a charge system. Becomes too much of a priority.
    - Put FT/FB as rotational spells in the trash
    - Give us the shocks back to replace FT/FB
    - Make WF great again!
    - Moar totems! Moar buffs!

Basically, go back to what we used to be in the past but with more fun mechanics!

*--* So for the whole WF thing, since my stance on both WF and maelstrom is now defined, here is just a few ideas to brainstorm. I don't like them much either but I'm just dumping them here if it gives others good ideas! Maybe instead of being something triggered by RNG, it would be a buff you stack up on yourself (that stays forever, or long enough for it to not be a stress of falling out) it would be our new 5 charge of LB from before? I do like LB as a spender so that part kinda bothers me... unless it doesn't use maelstrom and is akin to ret's holy power? Maybe enh could be a mix of rogues and DK? We get our maelstrom to spend on let's say lightning bolts and other stuff, while building up WF charges through other abilities and then unleash them? Maybe we could have "unleash windfury" that would work like our old LB system? Problem is we would then have to SS on a priority + unleash WF high in priority and using up maelstrom... It's starting to do a lot of priorities and that reminds me too much of what we became in WoD. Maybe WF would be passive-ish and build charges and then get unleashed whenever you use some abilities? Like Stormstrike? That does lose the whole RNG aspect of it which was cool to watch and a neat surprise to see on your screen. I think that is the biggest issue with WF. At it's core, it was an RNG mechanic that dealt way too much DMG. It can't go back to that since we want specs to require skill to play so that doesn't leave much space for it. I do think that for now I'd almost be happy if they just gave everyone forceful winds and made the graphic cooler like before. Maybe the first WF looks like it does currently but at 3-5 stacks look like how it used to? I really want WF to be a bigger part and have it's cool animation back, but I understand why they are trying to sweep it under the rug a bit. I disagree with it, but I can see why.

*I admit I kinda hope blizzard makes a completely cool new system where almost every class get to have that choice without being a balancing nightmare. Would let enh have a viable 2H option for those who really want it, survival hunters able to DW swords again, etc etc. Maybe a system where weapons are basically just a power number and it is your power number that defines your abilities power? IE, you get a 2H sword with 9001 power. Your other dual wield weapons grant you 8500 power. You can just use that 2Hander and be stronger. My biggest concern with this is that classes that have the choice will focus on getting 2Handers and not whatever they actually prefer since upgrading 1 weapon is easier than 2. With that said, maybe they will end up making all weapons like the artifacts so that if a 1h sword drops, it's actually a pair of swords. Then, transmog limitations should be lifted so you can mog pretty much anything anywhere. And since the new system would be built with the very idea that the important is your power number and everything else just scales accordingly, getting a pair of axes could be "mogged" into a 2hander that would give you the same gameplay as an actual 2hander since all that matters now is, the power number. The only wild card that I have no idea if it would cause issues (mostly for PVP) would be auto-attacks. Perhaps they have something like this in mind and maybe it's the reason they went "fuck it" in BFA and did those workarounds to mog 1Handers into fists (or vice versa). They know they won't have to maintain that code in 2 years so they just put some duct tape for until they put that machine in the trash.
    Last edited by Kalarm; 2019-09-09 at 02:30 AM.

Ele: Just make it as it was in Legion. Yours sincerely, the shaman community.

1) Spirit Wolf (talent) and Spectral Recovery (pvp talent) baseline.
    2) Earthen Rage baseline.
    3) Elemental Blast baseline with all 3 stat increases triggering together.
    4) Totem Mastery baseline.
    5) Storm Elemental baseline and separated from Fire Elemental.
    6) Icefury, Stormkeeper, and Ascendance baseline.

7) ???
    8) Profit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    5) Storm Elemental baseline and separated from Fire Elemental.
    6) Icefury, Stormkeeper, and Ascendance baseline.
    Yeah, that's a bad idea.

First off, i don't think any class / spec needs 3(!) seperate baseline cooldowns, let alone ones that do synergize at all.

Storm Elemental in its current is a CD that should incentive you to just spam Lightning bolt, after all, that is the entire point of its bonus effect.
    During Ascendance you obviously will never cast LB, thus 15 seconds of Storm Ele are already wasted, if you then throw in Icefury & EB, you're not going to cast a lot of LB's while SE is up.

Sorry, but simply dumping more CD's / short CD active damage spells doesn't improve anything.
    The core [single target] rotation of Ele is fine currently, playing with Icefury feels statisfying once you get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    We need to get our goddamn totems back!
    The issue of totems remains that they are far too clunky.
    Unless their effects are utterly powerful (like in Classic / TBC) or worse, their effects are also brought by other classes (like in Wotlk-MoP), they should stay from that.

As a "buff supplier mechanic", they're just worse than regular buffs due to range restriction.
    Do you remember dropping totems in the middle of a boss room so everyone gets the buff?
    I do, meanwhile a DK / Mage hits a button and everyone in 100yards is buffed, even lasts beyond the death of the one who casted that buff.

As a damage mechanic, they just got ignored by the devs, no interesting mechanic to interact with, nothing.
    You dropped Searing / magma and that's it, no interaction, no special effect, just some pseudo passive damage tickling in.

Let alone how bad they are in PvP, everybody just runs up to your totems and kills them easily, costing you precious GCD's to re drop them.

I think there is some leeway for totems as a mechanic, but they primarily work far better as situational / short duration mechanic.
    Wind Rush totem is a good example how the Totem mechanic can be actually good, as it lasts 15 seconds and thus can be better than Stampeding roar in a certain situation.

Getting some totems back is fine with me, Grounding, Mana Tide, Fire Nova, Resistance Totem(s), yeah, sign me up.
    Buff totems however can fuck off unless they are extremely powerful or not unique to the Shaman class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The issue of totems remains that they are far too clunky.
    Unless their effects are utterly powerful (like in Classic / TBC) or worse, their effects are also brought by other classes (like in Wotlk-MoP), they should stay from that.

As a "buff supplier mechanic", they're just worse than regular buffs due to range restriction.
    Do you remember dropping totems in the middle of a boss room so everyone gets the buff?
    I do, meanwhile a DK / Mage hits a button and everyone in 100yards is buffed, even lasts beyond the death of the one who casted that buff.

As a damage mechanic, they just got ignored by the devs, no interesting mechanic to interact with, nothing.
    You dropped Searing / magma and that's it, no interaction, no special effect, just some pseudo passive damage tickling in.

Let alone how bad they are in PvP, everybody just runs up to your totems and kills them easily, costing you precious GCD's to re drop them.

I think there is some leeway for totems as a mechanic, but they primarily work far better as situational / short duration mechanic.
    Wind Rush totem is a good example how the Totem mechanic can be actually good, as it lasts 15 seconds and thus can be better than Stampeding roar in a certain situation.

Getting some totems back is fine with me, Grounding, Mana Tide, Fire Nova, Resistance Totem(s), yeah, sign me up.
    Buff totems however can fuck off unless they are extremely powerful or not unique to the Shaman class.

Totems have had worse times than others. It took blizzard way too long before to make it so that you dropped all 4 totems at once which didn't help not feeling clunky.

You seem to pretty much think that if totems come back, they will be exactly as they were before. There is absolutely nothing preventing blizzard from making some totems have a much bigger radius than the previous 30. They could make them 100 yards and simply go back to 30 in PVP. Even the current talent that drops 4 totems is 40 yards it's only to buff ourselves.

That's kinda like saying shocks were ignored by devs. They were fillers. You press the button and boom, done. Nothing interesting. They added the flame shock resetting LL CD later on but otherwise, they didn't do much either. Magma totem could simply be replaced by liquid magma totem (and thus baseline). Searing totem at one point had that mechanic where each hit added a debuff that buffed LL dmg by 20% per debuff. It was annoying yes, but still, there is absolutely nothing preventing them from breathing new life into totems. There is nothing preventing you from thinking about good ideas instead of being pessimist about them. A totem is just a spell. A button you press when the situation arises. You are DPSing a ST? LB. A Pack of mobs? CL. That's how it was for our maelstrom spender. You had the very same idea with ST VS MT. The only difference with totems is that they were all up all the time and ended up feeling mostly irrelevant since they were such a low DMG % that they were indeed mostly fillers.

I honestly don't care about PVP and could care less of their effect in that mode. Done a lot of PVP in the past but now I really don't care. Again, there is nothing preventing them from adding some mechanic to make them stay longer in PVP. Plus, I really hate how some prevent specs from evolving out of fear for PVP. WoW is mainly a PVE game after all.

IMO it's not about making buff totems extremely powerful but more of a "Ok, we are missing X buff, drop that totem and just make sure it stays up". It's for the flavor of being the combat buffing class we used to be. It's hard to balance since if they are unique, the increased DMG needs to be factored into the shams overall DPS, which sucks for our overall DMG, but if they are really just there to cover for 1 or 2 missing raid buff, then they are just a bonus. That might make shams too desirable but hey, it's not like druids didn't have stampeding roar and many specs have/had cool mechanics that made them just a bit more fun to have around.

I know totems have had dark times, it doesn't mean that they can't be fixed. It just really sucks that our iconic mechanic is now barely inexistant. Grounding totem is PVP exclusive now, capacitor totem on stunnable mobs... Earthbind sometimes... Tremor totem when you see the spell coming, otherwise it is a shadow of it's former glory... Yep that's it. I got nothing to drop otherwise unless I talent into wind rush or totem mastery. Hell, in legion I liked those moments when I could drop skyfury totem during a world boss. I at least had a little totem doing something for a little while!

They could make them 100 yards and simply go back to 30 in PVP.
    Might as well make them auras like the Paladin ones, at which point they just cease to be totems.

Matter of fact is, this clunkiness is an inherit part of the totem mechanic, by fixing that you essentially removes what makes totems so special.

That's kinda like saying shocks were ignored by devs. They were fillers. You press the button and boom, done. Nothing interesting. They added the flame shock resetting LL CD later on but otherwise, they didn't do much either.
    The crucial difference is that Shocks could be fixed, whereas totems have been just a mess since Wotlk and onwards as core mechanic of the Shaman class.

Magma totem could simply be replaced by liquid magma totem (and thus baseline).
    And quite a few will then piss and moan because their dps is then so reliant on whether the tanks keeps mobs next to the Totem.

It's one of those instances where certain spells are just totems for the sake of being one, you carry all the disadvantages without any advantages.
    That is why i highlighted Windrush Totem, because it actually has upsides by being a Totem rather than just having disadvantages.

It was annoying yes, but still, there is absolutely nothing preventing them from breathing new life into totems. There is nothing preventing you from thinking about good ideas instead of being pessimist about them.
    Take a step back and read that paragraph again.
    You might find the answer why i disagree with you.

A totem is just a spell.
    Yes, with a load of drawbacks because it is a static object.

I honestly don't care about PVP and could care less of their effect in that mode.
    I do.
    Some care about M+, i don't give a shit about M+.
    Some care about about performance on Mythic raid encounters, others don't.

For example, i like how Ele is currently and i am fairly certain that refocusing the class back onto totems will ruin that.

Who's right now?

IMO it's not about making buff totems extremely powerful but more of a "Ok, we are missing X buff, drop that totem and just make sure it stays up".
    I don't get it.
    On the one side i get the feeling you want totems to be that super important mechanic to Shaman, and there you "yeah, just drop them case we don't have that buff".
    Bit like saying that re introducing Arcane Intellect fixed Mage class design.

Tremor totem when you see the spell coming, otherwise it is a shadow of it's former glory
    Okay, how is that different from previously?
    Tremor is a reactive spell, you're not going to use it unless you encounter something that sleeps,fears or charms.

That's not a class design issue, that's an encounter design issue.

I quite enjoy elemental as it is now, I do miss MoP elemental where I could lightning bolt on the move though.

I wish enhance would go back to legion release and just make hailstorm baseline.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see a return of the 2handed Enhancement Shaman. I like dual wielding but I also like the concept of wielding a wind propelled big fuck off two handed mace or axe. I've been enjoying playing it again in classic wow. I've missed playing it since vanilla.

But I also would like to see a fourth spec letting Shaman be the first mail armored tank .

Their gimmick could be environmental AOE tanking with heavy Earth element themeing with fire and water and lightning still in there.

They could still one on one tank and not be as good as others but they would excel at holding onto groups of enemies and damage reduction buffing the raid. ( like a Priests Barrier)

I could imagine some abilities like

Rockwall. It would function like protection Warriors ignore pain but applied as a barrier and giving a buff off a cylinder shaped Zone behind the rock wall and The Rock wall visibly deteriorates as the damage reduction reaches 0.

Quicksand: you cause a radius of quicksand ensnaring enemies caught Within. Those affected take a 10% to 60% attack and movement speed reduction based on how many are affected for x amount of seconds.

Earthen grasp ( spammable) : you cause the Earth within a 10-yard Cone to squeeze targets for x amount of damage. If cast into a radius of quicksand Earthen grasp will damage all those affected and refresh ( or extend) Quicksands remaining Duration.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

15+ Year Old Account
    I want Stormblast back. Tie it to Maelstrom (Costs 50, maybe), revert the design of the whole spec back to MoP, keep Crash Lightning so it makes Windfury, Stormstrike and Lava Lash cleave. Do that, and I'm a happy camper.

7+ Year Old Account
    just a thematic point of view, i wish shamans in general got more lighting skills, the class be based on that a bit more, they are too much fire and lava shenanigans, look like i am a mage and i don't like that, lighting/wind based would become good differential without stooping using fire and earth.

i would be happy with a talent/glyph to change lava burst into thunderburst i dunno.

2H enhancement would be dream of mine too, an option/talent or even just transmog option.

i hate totens, maybe its because i have the far seer printed in my mind, so i don't like to be forced to use totens so i prefer totens sty s options.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-09-11 at 10:54 PM.

First of all the game itself needs a rework to improve gameplay, thematics and theme of classes and specs is there but gameplay is shallow and homogenized. But speaking about shamans, their totems need to make a comeback, specifically their buffing totems because they've lost the support aspect of their playstyle having just become standardized dps's and healers, instead of a hybrid class dps's that got good off-healing and buffs and one of the most powerful healers in the game. What each spec needs is a better definition of their identity while both feeling AND performing they are an elemental caster, warrior and healer that also empower others. That's why I think that Shamans need to have both buffing totems and healing abilities become baseline.

Shamans in general:

- Make Chain Lightning, Healing Wave, Chain Heal and Healing Rain Baseline.
    - All Shocks should be baseline expect for Enhancement Shamans and they will now have a 40 yard range by default.
    - Buffing totems such as Strength of Earth, Totem of Wrath and Grace of Air returning.
    - Earth Shock now reduces physical damage taken by a small amount.
    - Totems now gain additional effects based on your spec, eks Elemental now increase physical or elemental damage based on the totem cast
    - Elemental and Resto gain Elemental Barrier, A defensive ability that allows them to block 3 attacks and gain an absorbing shield for 15 seconds but requires a shield.
    - Lightning Shield is now baseline.
    - Purge will have a greatly reduced mana cost.
    - Icefury is now baseline and can root targets affected by Frost Shock, has a 8 second CD that can be reset if the target is hit by LB.
    - Ancestral Guidance is now baseline for elemental and enhancement shamans but CANNOT heal them and heals 3 of the most injured targets for 80% of the damage they do.
    - Totemic Projection readded to the game.

What Shamans need is not only the ability to cast totems but also feel like a hybrid class. In classic, you played as a class with your spec defining how you wanted to play it instead of you now play a role that has a sub-class tied to it.

Elemental:

- Shocks can now be spread with CL.

- Earthquike now applies a stacking slow that knocks down the target after 5 stacks and then give them consistent slow for 3 seconds.
    - Fulnimation will now increase damage done by Earth Shock.
    - Flametounge weapons is now a passive that adds fire damage to melee attacks.
    - Cleancasting will return and now increase the damage of your next damaging spell by 15% and healing spell by 30% and reduce the mana cost of both by 45%, has two stacks.
    - Totems now increases physical, Fire, Frost and Nature damage done by party members.
    - New Fire Totem - Everfire Totem: Increase the duration of damage over time effects by 25% makes them deal an additional 10% of their damage as fire damage.
    - Totem of Wrath returns.

Elemental as a spec should be a caster with strong offensive utility, especially when it comes to buffing spell damage. Thematically, I don't thing that elemental shamans are the best totem users but instead act as inverted Discipline priests, having strong damage with some healing and buffs.

Enhancement:

- Shocks are now replaced by elemental weapon attacks and they now have 4 charges they share. Rockbitter will still reduce physical damage and make your make your next 5 AA's sent rock shards at the target, if they are outside melee range, they will only take damage from the shards instead of also taking melee damage as well. Flametounge has searling assault as a baseline and frostbrand will have hailstorm as baseline. Elemental weapons are spells that are treated as "weapon attacks".
    -Maelstrom is now down to 50 but at 25 maelstrom, you can now insta-cast Lightning and healing spells as shamans used to before legion. Weapon attacks will grant 2 but abilities will grant more.
    - Buffing totems are 30% stronger compared to other totems.
    - Gain Windfury and Stromlash totems each share CD, Windfury will cause all attacks to hit twice for x% damage while Stormlash will add nature damage to all attacks, being more effective with spells.
    - Feral lunge is now baseline.
    - Gains Stone Bulwark Totem.
    - Gains Shamanistic rage.
    - Crash lightning will make Chain Lightning jump to 3+targets hit by Crash lightning, up to 9 target.

Enhancements I believe should be melee supporters instead of just a raw damage dealing class, the fantasy of them having strong buffing totems while fighting at the frontline with other melees, enhancing them. Their buffing totems are stronger to better fit their jack-of-all-trades role while also having strong melee and decent ranged damage. Windfury totem has always been a stamp of Enhancement Shamans in classic given how they had a talent that buffed it's effect. I think it would be appropriate that Shaman should have that to them as well as Stromlash be a powerful CD for raids. Stone Bulwark should be a somewhat short ranged totem that shields targets close to it.

Restoration:

- Water Shield is now an active and Can now cast 1 Elemental shield on a target.
    - Totems will now increase healing received, Resource generation, healing the target for a small amount and movement speed slightly.
    - Earthliving weapons is now baseline and will proc 100% went healing a target below 35% hp.
    - Mana Tide Totem re-added but now shares a CD with healing tide Totem.
    - Resurgence will now make your lightning shield deal damage and heal targets with earth shield based on your healing

Resto I feel is a pretty complete class considring how blizz has favored it a little too much but I don't thing they need much change. In terms of how they buff the party, I think they should have a bit more supportive ultility instead of offensive/damage or allround stats boosting. I think the concept of them giving an ally an elemental shield could be a cool concept to have and they already have strong totems like healing tide and spirit link totem to heal and help out a raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    I would like to see a return of the 2handed Enhancement Shaman. I like dual wielding but I also like the concept of wielding a wind propelled big fuck off two handed mace or axe. I've been enjoying playing it again in classic wow. I've missed playing it since vanilla.

But I also would like to see a fourth spec letting Shaman be the first mail armored tank .

Their gimmick could be environmental AOE tanking with heavy Earth element themeing with fire and water and lightning still in there.

They could still one on one tank and not be as good as others but they would excel at holding onto groups of enemies and damage reduction buffing the raid. ( like a Priests Barrier)

I could imagine some abilities like

Rockwall. It would function like protection Warriors ignore pain but applied as a barrier and giving a buff off a cylinder shaped Zone behind the rock wall and The Rock wall visibly deteriorates as the damage reduction reaches 0.

Quicksand: you cause a radius of quicksand ensnaring enemies caught Within. Those affected take a 10% to 60% attack and movement speed reduction based on how many are affected for x amount of seconds.

Earthen grasp ( spammable) : you cause the Earth within a 10-yard Cone to squeeze targets for x amount of damage. If cast into a radius of quicksand Earthen grasp will damage all those affected and refresh ( or extend) Quicksands remaining Duration.
    I think if enhancement are gonna be 2H again they should have some defensive power add and/or make Lava Lash work with all weapons.