Thread: Mechagon Comic

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    If they were going to reference the machines from NieR: Automata, the king's loyalists should be chanting 'We will become as gods.'
    We will become ass gods
    2Bhappy

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Lightforged Turalyon and the Army of the Light. I mean, Turalyon is one of his favourite characters. He also hyped him quite a lot before Argus.
    "We forgive you for killing our god of 25k years, Illidan, also we love the void now because our leader, who is a human (obviously) is railing a void user."

How am I not even surprised that came out of his noggin.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Cool comic, really made the junkers look way more interesting. This is what I talk about fleshing out a race. With this single short tale, we found out how these mechagnomes think, what they aim for, how they are transformed, what the transformation means, plus they got a dark side. Now they are not just a (depending on each one's tastes) cool-looking race, but a real part of the setting, with its own soul.

That's what the void elves lack. It still amazes me that Blizz didn't make even a short story about them when they came out.with just that, mechagnomes got more lore than void elves.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-06-21 at 08:50 PM.
    Whatever...

He's no Lei Shen but it's good for a little side story and I really enjoyed it.

Good comic for a fodder character, well this settle the mecha gnomes as an allied race, gotta admit the gnomes are ok but they still feel like a techno hobbits with a lack of lore(still more interesting than Taurens thanks to Baine)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I do hope they don't forget it, and add Kervo the Explorer to roam around the island, basically useless junk.
    So we can kill him and free from the curse of being a Gnome? Count me in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    This being back to back to Aszhara is so... weird
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Cool comic, really made the junkers look way more interesting. This is what I talk about fleshing out a race. With this single short tale, we found out how these mechagnomes think, what they aim for, how they are transformed, what the transformation means, plus they got a dark side. Now they are not just a (depending on each one's tastes) cool-looking race, but a real part of the setting, with its own soul.

That's what the void elves lack. It still amazes me that Blizz didn't make even a short story about them when they came out.with just that, mechagnomes got more lore than void elves.
    Just wait till they join the Alliance. Then they will be absorbed by the human hive mind and lose all of that uniqueness.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Just wait till they join the Alliance. Then they will be absorbed by the human hive mind and lose all of that uniqueness.
    "Birth of a wish (Human potential version)" ?

Just imagine them all bluescreening and then screaming "Become as humans !".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually pleasantly surprised, I really enjoyed that. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Oh god why... That explains so much.
    Hahaha, indeed. I was wondering who was behind the butchering of Turalyon and his ultra cringe Draenei phrases. It all makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

Instead of aiming to become machines they will aim to turn into humans. Only to learn from Master Anduin that real human potential is in the soul.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do hope they don't forget it, and add Kervo the Explorer to roam around the island, basically useless junk.
    he is on the island, he was there before hand, so this is explaining him.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

Now THAT is a version of that Nier Automata reference I can get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Instead of aiming to become machines they will aim to turn into humans. Only to learn from Master Anduin that real human potential is in the soul.
    "It's not the human on the outside that counts, it's the human on the inside!".

Sillyness aside, that was one cool comic for what looked like a second fiddle zone with an utterly disposable bad guy. Between this and the tinkering mechanics, I'm almost looking forward to Mechagon more than to Nazjatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Now THAT is a version of that Nier Automata reference I can get behind.
    And then at the very end of their allied race recruitment quest they play "Real human bean" (aka a real hero) from "Drive".

10+ Year Old Account
    So we can kill him and free from the curse of being a Gnome? Count me in!
    What? You insane? This counts for all Gnomes, not just Kervo. Haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he is on the island, he was there before hand, so this is explaining him.
    Haven't been to the island, thought he was just going to end up like a husk.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    What? You insane? This counts for all Gnomes, not just Kervo. Haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't been to the island, thought he was just going to end up like a husk.
    he is there but he is pretty fecked mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO it's more like: the characters in comics and short stories set in the WoW have better characterization and motivation than the ones inside the game. It has been this way for at least a decade, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm interested to see where this goes. It's nice that a little update with one zone has such backstory behind it.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!