Thread: Mechagon Comic

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    You're not wrong, but then again, having this be a recurring theme doesn't sound like too bad an idea. Would provide some nice friction between the classic gnomes and mechagnomes if the latter ever end up an allied race. One side sees the other as primitives who can't help themselves, who in turn see them as obsessed with getting rid of what makes them gnomes in favor of becoming automatons.
    It's fine as a recurring theme, as I mentioned above, my only contention here is that I don't think our wonderful story team are going to be giving us villains like this often.

What you mentioned, assuming that's the route they're going with, will help flesh out mechagnomes as a proper Allied Race, and give them a reason to exist (unlike, say, LF Draenei). I'm not sure I'll be over the moon with them, but it's also not my faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    It looks decent, I just don't want the story guys getting a round of applause for their abilities, when they're expanding upon a previously established concept, & we've seen the state of their OC.
    I doubt there's any risk of that. Like everything else that's decent or above, it only has Danuser and Afrasiabi as off-hand mentions and Golden isn't involved at all. The guest writers are typically good, since they generally don't have to carry the dross that is the main plot along.

@Aucald

I haven't dug into the PTR in that regard, but from what I can get from this comic, frying the world in that one Chromie quest is just a side-effect because he didn't run the numbers right. As far as his motivations is concerned, he is genuine about turning everyone into a robot being good for them, hence mentioning to his henchman there to iron out the kinks that turned that visiting gnome braindead.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I doubt there's any risk of that. Like everything else that's decent or above, it only has Danuser and Afrasiabi as off-hand mentions and Golden isn't involved at all. The guest writers are generally decent, since they generally don't have to carry the dross that is the main plot along.
    Good call on the names actually, I skipped over that when I was reading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, anyone else remember Kervo at the Junkyard? Hell of a way for him to go...
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Good call on the names actually, I skipped over that when I was reading it.
    I had to double check when you brought it up, but you can usually tell when it's Danuser or Golden writing. The former has wooden dialogue down to a science, see Mag'har scenario and Golden is Golden.

Fuck knows how Afrasiabi writes. Does he have his name on anything?
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-06-21 at 06:54 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, anyone else remember Kervo at the Junkyard? Hell of a way for him to go...
    oh shit that is him!
    fuck man.... that is rough...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

5+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting that their attempts to return to their original form results in such flawed and scrappy looking robots. It's as if chasing their original immorality is something they weren't meant to do with their own hands. Reminds me of stories when humans chase after what 'we lost' from Eden, while dangling the question if such a desire stems from the same arrogance that caused the change in the first place. Playing creator, you can't take a gift, etc.

10+ Year Old Account

I know at one point he was over questing, presumably he might've written a few of those, but I couldn't name any story off the top of my head, and after looking around, I can't find anything.

I think he might be the world's first real life Ideas Guy™

I like this stuff. I've been always a fan of titanic stuff, and even dreamed for a while with an expansion when the titans try to reset Azeroth and everything in it like Algalon was supposed to do. Maybe that tol'vir pantheon will do the trick later if they dont forget about it. Also, it's so true this is a strangely interesting villain because they even bothered to explain its motivations it hurts.

By the way, I think we can all agree here, but BfAs true moral is "never make a deal, NEVER!"

I want to be one so badly!

I really wish gnomes ingame had the same proportions as in the comic, instead of hyper-compressed limbs and a stiff torso.

Also, more variety in the head features selection (but this goes for every race).
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

So Mechagon is Tomb of the Cybermen. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

for prince erazin the mecha gnome racial leader!!

Unrelated? I would gladly accept becoming full machine. Flesh sucks, pain sucks.

It's nice to have a villain with an understandable motive, who seems to be coming from a place where you can follow his logic to its conclusion without needing to inject insanity, egomania, or external corruption. Moreover, he isn't wrong in his logic--removing the Curse of Flesh, by all accounts, is probably Azeroth's best shot at long-term survival and would remove a potent tool from the Old Gods' arsenal. His methods are what make him villainous, and generally the best villains are the ones with a logical motive and horrifying methods.

Bravo, lore team. Now why can't you come up with this kind of good writing for the ingame plotline we've been saddled with since the 8.0 pre-event?
    Matt Burns is not in charge of the lore

- - - Updated - - -

If they were going to reference the machines from NieR: Automata, the king's loyalists should be chanting 'We will become as gods.'

I love the ost of neir automata

Lightforged Turalyon and the Army of the Light. I mean, Turalyon is one of his favourite characters. He also hyped him quite a lot before Argus.

I have low expectations with this comic but it ended being good. I think Blizzard knows how to write small stories or minor arcs like Jaina return and depression or all the Bwonsamdi arc. The problem is when they try to do things too "big" and then they realize can't follow it properly like Night Elves vengeance or the Horde trapped again in the MoP story. Add to this how they waste the pre expansion events with a nonsense mix of comics, books, quests and cinematics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transformation process was a bit brutal but good read. Soon!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Lightforged Turalyon and the Army of the Light. I mean, Turalyon is one of his favourite characters. He also hyped him quite a lot before Argus.
    Oh god why... That explains so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope they don't forget it, and add Kervo the Explorer to roam around the island, basically useless junk.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..