Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Hilarious coming from the person who provided none for theirs.

My proof is in my other post, I explained how shallow they are. There is no complexity in every class having the same basic build/spend mechanic, there is no high skill ceiling in extremely simple 3-5 button rotations... Your response to that was to say what amounted to "lol no" and then you have the audacity to claim I provided no proof?
    You do realize that the rotations were even simpler before? And we can even take the pinnacle of complexity, aka Vanilla, where certain class only spam one spell as their rotation. While now, you have to deal with harder rotations and harder mecanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You do realize that the rotations were even simpler before?
    Not in Cata, MoP, and WoD they weren't. They undoubtedly had more complexity in those expansions than they do now, many of them had more in Wrath too.

harder rotations
    You are acting like you think that everything between vanilla and Legion didn't happen.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-06-24 at 06:18 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

8.2 is coming. Quite a reason to resub.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    If Blizzard fires everyone who had a vote in the decisions of the last three expansions, I would def come back and play.
    yeah this, fire everyone and take back the real teams of WoW , and leave activision so the cash will not be the only reason they made expansions

I mean I'll resub at least once an expansion just to test stuff and have a bit of fun. I don't think Blizzard is willing to change the game to the point where I will love it again.

Also I'll resub in August to play classic. Since both games share the same sub they can just look at the numbers and pretend live is fine I guess.
    Hi Sephurik

Rework every class and every spec. Make a Paladin feel like a Paladin, and not just a "Ret" or "Prot" paladin, make each class have meaningful spells and interactions with their abilities, and have a Specialiazation be that, a specialization - and not just a mini-class of its own.

Completely rework all professions.

Make some sort of enjoyable content.

Remove Sharding.

Remove LFR/LFD tools.

Remove flying mounts.

Make the world more dangerous.

Make leveling meaningful and add in an actual character progression that you can use to change your class/spec playstyle in multiple meaningful ways.

Add a new talent (basically the old one) and add more choices of talents.

Add more glyphs that further expand on customization/progression for characters.

Completely remove Azerite armour and that stupid necklace.

Add Sets to the game again.

I could go on to list 50 more things that would make me more inclined to return, but I'm not going to because I don't care enough to do so. Outside of Classic WoW, I don't think I'll ever play retail again. It's just so bad now.

Mandatory:
    - Make flying great again. AKA get rid of pathfinder and stop the excessive gating of flight.

Would be nice:
    - PVP Vendors
    - Less RNG / Titanforging
    - Tone down the rep grind / requirements for allied races

But yeah, won't be re-subbing or buying the next expansion unless they reverse course on Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hncramer View Post
    that is honestly way too accurate, laughed my ass off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Listen to your fan base. - they are
    Make crafting exciting. - never has been, never will be
    Ban addons. - Worst idea ever, what's wrong with addons?
    Make an engaging storyline. - Entirely subjective
    -I really don't get the feeling that decision makers in WoW give a damn about their fan base, I feel like they've pruned the real fans out of leadership and replaced them with corporate shills who just squeeze every dollar out of the player without really giving them what they want. How much bitching and moaning did it take for them to make vanilla, i'd say close to half a decade.
    -Crafting, you asked for suggestions I gave them to you.
    -The lack of addons, help prune the toxic meter padding kids who for some of us wreck the game.
    -Agreed my views on the wow storyline are completely subjective.

I'm not one of those guys who try and convert people or say wow is dying, perhaps I was just burned out on the game which is the reason I stepped away but what I do know is that I started playing FF14 and found all the things that I was missing from wow. If you still like the game cool, it's your money you do whatever you want. I just feel like having played both SE is doing much more right and the guys at Blizz have lost sight of the goal. I would however encourage you to branch out a little bit there are tons of games in the genre now that each have their own little niche.

I'm getting too old for WoW.

- Casual friendly content, or lots of singleplayer content that I can progress and catch up to.
    - Content and rewards gating would have to go. If I have a string of a couple days to play the game as I want, there's no reason why my progress has to meet some arbitrary daily/weekly cap if I'm not able to commit to a weekly schedule. Despite being casual, I'm still a powergamer, and gated rewards hinder progress in this respect.
    - I have to be financially secure, so a $15/month is a hard pill to swallow considering bills and shit. No, it's not that I can't afford it, but a mortgage and a marriage can make any/every minor expense be well considered.
    - I need time. Harder with Real Life commitments.
    - I want friends to play with. My old guild is scattered to the wind, and I'm not interested in socializing with a bunch of people who treat this game as a lootfest and other players like NPCs to be used for personal gain.

So honestly there's little hope in returning unless this game opens up to be an ultimate singleplayer experience. WoW just isn't the priority it used to be, and all I care about is seeing what happens in the story.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-06-27 at 12:35 AM.

waiting for next expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'm getting too old for WoW.

- Casual friendly content, or lots of singleplayer content that I can progress and catch up to.
    - Content and rewards gating would have to go. If I have a string of a couple days to play the game as I want, there's no reason why my progress has to meet some arbitrary daily/weekly cap if I'm not able to commit to a weekly schedule. Despite being casual, I'm still a powergamer, and gated rewards hinder progress in this respect.
    - I have to be financially secure, so a $15/month is a hard pill to swallow considering bills and shit. No, it's not that I can't afford it, but a mortgage and a marriage can make any/every minor expense be well considered.
    - I need time. Harder with Real Life commitments.
    - I want friends to play with. My old guild is scattered to the wind, and I'm not interested in socializing with a bunch of people who treat this game as a lootfest and other players like NPCs to be used for personal gain.

So honestly there's little hope in returning unless this game opens up to be an ultimate singleplayer experience. WoW just isn't the priority it used to be, and all I care about is seeing what happens in the story.

Lol is blizzards fault that you dont have freinds... wtf, wow is not your personal game

Quote Originally Posted by Watchers View Post
    Lol is blizzards fault that you dont have freinds... wtf, wow is not your personal game
    WoW is everyone's personal game.

And who the fuck said it was Blizzard's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    they are not "resetting" it at all - they are increasing the amount of levels from 50 to 70. if you're below 35 you immediately get boosted to 35 (I believe)
    will this artifact grinding garbage ever end. First it was with artifact weapons now it's with some trash necklace.

Remove the gear treadmill.

Remove warforge/titanforge
    Remove random sockets (Gear either always has socket[s] or none at all)
    Fix azerite gear to not need respeccing, like with legion tier; always give an appropriate bonus.
    Also, lower the drop rate of gear to compensate. It will make upgrades feel more meaningful when they DO drop.

Give back crafting of gear that actually requires farming (like in burning crusade days)

I am coming back for Classic only
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

After watching the crossroads cinematic and seeing that there is a candy crush world quest I won't be returning this expansion for sure. SoO 2.0 except this time we are DEFENDING a Horde city! Wow~! Such twist!
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-06-27 at 05:07 AM.

I think if the only reason stopping you from bringing the guild back together is Master Looter, I don't think you should be making guilds at all. Speaking as an Ex-Guild leader myself, the loot system is such a small part of what makes up a successful guild.

All I remember about Master Looting and using DKP, Loot Council etc. always caused some kind of dissent among those who are less fortunate. I mean DKP was a good system to retain players as its hard to walk away from all your points, but who hasn't seen situations where someone who has been saving their points, drop them all on great items and then just leave mid progression for another guild, or loot council decisions creating rifts between players deemed more important than other players. At least with personal loot those kind of issues can be removed and the guild doesn't feel the impact as much when someone leaves with a whole bunch of gear because it was essentially out of their control to influence.

I would much prefer to manage a guild with personal loot than any other system.

If there are counter points to this, please present them.

I will say, I know there are fair and just people who play this game and will always do what is right by the guild and it's goals, but its selfish few who can spoil the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Flying. Pure and simple. Been unsubbed since shortly after launch and only came back to have plenty of time to do Pathfinder 1, so I was ready to unlock the rest ASAP.

And it's going to continue like that with future expansions, as long as they insist on delaying flying for so long. It's stupid.
    This, I MIGHT resub when flying becomes readily available. Note that I said "readily"... if I have to jump through hoops and get duckmysick rep to exalted, I won't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    If you are unsubbed, what are your conditions to return?
    I'm not currently unsubbed, but if I were, the only thing they could do to draw me back in would probably be to get rid of all the arbitrary bullshit you're constantly forced to do outside of your preferred type of content in order to stay competitive within your preferred type of content. I'm all for having a variety of content to keep you entertained, but they should all be for their own specific lines of content.

If the classes became unique again, not the bullshit with every role playing the same regardless of the actual class, with a couple of twists and different colors of spells, I may want to resub. I still probably wouldn't because of time limitations, but I would regret not playing. But Blizzard has fallen too deep into the homogenization trap to suddenly revert it in one or two expansions, especially with WoW clearly running out of steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.