Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    As with the last few Posters - I too am a fan of ALL THREE movies of the original trilogy. And no, not for the "action scenes" which of course, after the innovation and ground breaking the 1st movie did, can't be topped by its sequels - but because of the ongoing philosophical debates within the movies.

The 2nd movie's ending - the "Architect" scene alone - is worth the rest of the movie - so much meaning in that exchange. So much to unpack.

I look forward to this one - but I'm not expecting the philosophical theorizing to be there. I'm just hoping the special effects and fight scenes will at least be 'worth the watch' but I am not at all expecting the 'more intelligent' backdrop to still be there.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    He later takes the time flying to a mortally wounded Trinity when he can instantly be at her side. I could go on if I bothered to remember such tripe.)
    How could he be instantly at Trinity's side? Did he ever use an instant teleportation technique that i am not aware of or i don't remember?

Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    How could he be instantly at Trinity's side? Did he ever use an instant teleportation technique that i am not aware of or i don't remember?
    The first movie he transcends his avatar's mortal limits in the matrix. At the end of first movie he was instantly rewriting the matrix code...on a whim.
    You guys keep forgetting that those were little more than avatars...programming code..
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2021-09-08 at 06:37 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The first movie he transcends his avatar's mortal limits in the matrix. At the end of first movie he was instantly rewriting the matrix code...on a whim.
    You guys keep forgetting that those were little more than avatars...programming code..
    He was still bounded by some limits in the Matrix though. He could never teleport. His limitations seemed to be re-writing electronics within the Matrix, which could be explained by his skill as a hacker amplified.

Part of the premise is that there's still a set of rules, and he can break some of them but not all of them. He doesn't have the power to teleport as seen anywhere in the movies, but he can fly, really fast. In the 2nd movie, he's 500 miles from Trinity/Morpheus/the Keymaker, and he has to fly there - which he can do really quickly - but he can't be there instantaneously. He can't even duplicate himself like Smith does. He's still only one mind, in one body.

And that's an important theme, btw - that he's both God-like, and man-like. An obvious parallel. In the very first movie, he "moves faster than I've ever seen anyone move before" according to Trinity when he goes into bullet time. He ruefully glances at a graze wound and says "Not fast enough." He can stop, by the end of that movie, the motion of bullets. But there's no indication that if he let the bullets continue on their path, that they wouldn't kill him, or that he could turn them into dust when they contact him, etc.

Your arguments need to come from the first movie. Neo jumped into Smith and destroyed him. We wouldn't see much further to see how far he could go in the Matrix but going into what we saw and thought as "outer space" was telling. After all it was nothing more than a glorified illusion. As anything connected with the idea of "distance."

Loa of Death Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    The song in that trailer is beautiful omg

Another day, another Deal....

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane. And yes, it's a great song.

Keanu has seemingly forgotten how to make an appointment for a haircut.

I'm not having high hopes. They could've stopped making movies after the first one and the story had been better off. The third movie is Michael Bay levels of cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post

That song has been used in a drug context in film for a million times already at least.

Yeah that trailer basically confirms all my fears. This is very much looking to be another soulless cashgrab exploiting recognizable IP. Nothing about it seemed original or particularly interesting.

So my rough guess of plot after seeing the trailer:

Since Trinity died in the original trilogy, he's stuck in the Matrix grieving, possibly meeting Trinity over and over again to relive his love. I imagine the new Morpheus/blue-haired chick will need him for something so they're going to have to get him to "wake up" to the realities of the Matrix.

Don't see much of the pop philosophy angle here, but it might still be there. Seems to be a good action movie from the trailer (unless this is, of course, all the action in the movie, put in the trailer).

As for the hair thing, he's probably not allowed to cut it for Wick reasons.

Architect speech in the 2nd movie. Probably a new iteration.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wow i am bookmarking this, nevermind the fact ow2 has already been confirmed for 2022.

Man if there was ever a franchise I couldn't give a shit about it was this overhyped pretentious garbage. And I know I am one of the few who thinks this, I remember when Iw as at school and everyone was talking about this movie so I am aware people love this franchise. But by god I couldn't see in it what others did...

Good for the fans who love it though, hope you get what you want from it...
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

Couple of thoughts:

1 - "Mom, can we get Morpheus?"
    Mom: "We have Morpheus at home."

2 - This movie needs way more NPH than I think it will actually have.

3 - While it's not confirmed (that he is the Merovingian) the guy at 2:38 in the trailer both looks simultaneously exactly like the Merovingian and nothing at all like him. Lambert Wilson vs Jonathan Groff. IMDB doesn't state the role he is playing, but since the Mero had control over entering and leaving the Matrix, and that's what's being discussed, I'd say it's a good chance.

4 - Last second edit, without an Agent Smith or an actor like Hugo Weavings in the movie, it's going to have a severe up hill battle at being quality.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So my rough guess of plot after seeing the trailer:

Since Trinity died in the original trilogy, he's stuck in the Matrix grieving, possibly meeting Trinity over and over again to relive his love. I imagine the new Morpheus/blue-haired chick will need him for something so they're going to have to get him to "wake up" to the realities of the Matrix.

Don't see much of the pop philosophy angle here, but it might still be there. Seems to be a good action movie from the trailer (unless this is, of course, all the action in the movie, put in the trailer).

As for the hair thing, he's probably not allowed to cut it for Wick reasons.
    It feels more like the machines had him in his own personal simulation outside the Matrix based on the Groff line.

Eh, it's basically reboot-not-reebot type of sequel, just like with Force Awakens. Predictable and boring af, but I do like the visuals presented. Quite interesting mix of colors, camera angles and specific FPS. Somehow gives me a less bombastic and more intimate vibe.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-09-09 at 02:51 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Eh, it's basically reboot-not-reebot type of sequel, just like with Force Awakens. Predictable and boring af, but I do like the visuals presented. Quite interesting mix of colors, camera angles. and specific FPS. Somehow gives me a less bombastic and more intimate vibe.
    yeah, it totally have a force awakens feels, as a reboot not reboot.

But im intrigued of how they will pull that out and if will be satisfying to be a continuation.

im watching it because im a matrix fan . case closed.
    so many people here are just sharing why or why not they will watch this or not.
    who cares about that?? posting in here saying u will watch or not doesnt do shit for any one.

Quote Originally Posted by neoda911 View Post
    im watching it because im a matrix fan . case closed.
    so many people here are just sharing why or why not they will watch this or not.
    who cares about that?? posting in here saying u will watch or not doesnt do shit for any one.
    So why did you just say it yourself now?
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...