Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neoda911 View Post
    im watching it because im a matrix fan . case closed.
    so many people here are just sharing why or why not they will watch this or not.
    who cares about that?? posting in here saying u will watch or not doesnt do shit for any one.
    And yet that is exactly what you just did. Pot, meet kettle.

Signature Created by Jassinta

well after watching the trailer, i'm a bit more optimistic. There is a chance for more matrix stories/lore and that's always a good thing imo. I wasn't a fan of how the story went between 2 and 3 but I get what they did just not how I would have went. Hopefully this is good!
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

Either the trailer is an uninspired bunch of scenes trying remind us of the original, or the movie is. The Force Awakens does sound like a good comparison for now. I'm intrigued, but not excited.

Trailer was interesting, glad it's going to HBO Max, but its definitely plays like a visually upgraded & tweaked first film.

I enjoyed the first movies for entertainment, nothing deeper really, this looks to be entertaining as well so I'll watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Keanu has seemingly forgotten how to make an appointment for a haircut. I'm not having high hopes. They could've stopped making movies after the first one and the story had been better off. The third movie is Michael Bay levels of cheese.
    Pity.
    The first mivie was almost poetic in its philosophy...certainly quotable.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Couple of thoughts:

1 - "Mom, can we get Morpheus?"
    Mom: "We have Morpheus at home."
    Sadly Laurence Fishburne was not asked to return, and there was no explanation. Yahya Abdul-Mateen is a good actor tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wow i am bookmarking this, nevermind the fact ow2 has already been confirmed for 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It feels more like the machines had him in his own personal simulation outside the Matrix based on the Groff line.
    Is Groff the guy at the very end?

Why would Neo be trapped in any simulation? I feel like the story would have to hinge on Neo not being aware he's in a simulation, which is hard considering his powerlevel at the end of the third movie. Thus I think for him to be not aware, he'd have to have a powerful emotion ruling over him, making him continuously live in a "dream world" like this iteration of the Matrix. Grief seems to make the most sense.

This trailer also begs the question: what of the peace reached at the end of the trilogy? Is it in jeopardy now? Supposedly they were going to release everyone FROM the Matrix - did they not do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pity.
    The first mivie was almost poetic in its philosophy...certainly quotable.

Meh, to me it was too pretentious and a movie that tried waaaay to hard to take itself seriously, irritatingly and distractingly so, as this quote kindly demonstrates. I kind of agree with @Orby I never understood why so many people put this franchise on such a pedestal, it was just some other action movie to me the story was vomit-inducing. (imho ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Meh, to me it was too pretentious and a movie that tried waaaay to hard to take itself seriously, irritatingly and distractingly so, as this quote kindly demonstrates. I kind of agree with @Orby I never understood why so many people put this franchise on such a pedestal, it was just some other action movie to me the story was vomit-inducing. (imho ofc)
    *shrugs*
    The Wachowskis apparently agreed. The tone of the sequels are very different...

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Is Groff the guy at the very end?

Why would Neo be trapped in any simulation? I feel like the story would have to hinge on Neo not being aware he's in a simulation, which is hard considering his powerlevel at the end of the third movie. Thus I think for him to be not aware, he'd have to have a powerful emotion ruling over him, making him continuously live in a "dream world" like this iteration of the Matrix. Grief seems to make the most sense.

This trailer also begs the question: what of the peace reached at the end of the trilogy? Is it in jeopardy now? Supposedly they were going to release everyone FROM the Matrix - did they not do that?
    The machines took his body at the end of the third film. If they want to keep him alive they need to put him in some matrix like situation. But plugging him into the actual matrix might lead to people saving him. Clearly he’s getting woken up anyway, but maybe they had to get into a secure system designed just to contain Neo. Idk, just silly theories. So long as there’s kung fu and bullets I’ll be watching.

Supposedly they were going to release everyone FROM the Matrix - did they not do that?
    I don't think that's true. Pretty sure they were just going to give people a choice, and allow those who wanted to leave to go without a fight.

None of the scenes looked particularly color-graded. I wonder if that's deliberate, or a mistake.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-09-09 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't think that's true. Pretty sure they were just going to give people a choice, and allow those who wanted to leave to go without a fight.

None of the scenes looked particularly color-graded. I wonder if that's deliberate, or a mistake.
    Whole trailer, or at least in-Matrix scenes looked very saturated to me.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yeah, but in the Matrix everything was color graded toward green. Except the final scene with the Oracle and the Architect. The trailer didn’t appear to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean the green tint that the in-Matrix scenes have in the trilogy. I guess they could have changed it for the trailer so that we couldn't tell which scenes were and which scenes weren't. Or there could be some other explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Sadly Laurence Fishburne was not asked to return, and there was no explanation. Yahya Abdul-Mateen is a good actor tho.
    Wasn't it revealed that Morpheus was either abducted or murdered during the events of The Matrix Online? Or is that non-canon? If so, that may be the reason why he wasn't asked to return, his character no longer exists?
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2021-09-09 at 05:26 PM.

Excited for it. Hope it's a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Wasn't it revealed that Morpheus was either abducted or murdered during the events of The Matrix Online? Or is that non-canon? If so, that may be the reason why he wasn't asked to return, his character is no longer relevant?
    I think the question is what will and won’t be canon right now. There’s a fair bit of outside material that COULD be canon, or Lana could have said fuck all that and done whatever she wanted. Like George Lucas did.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

Yeah, the green tint of the "real Matrix" vs. the blue tint of the real world are both noticeably absent. Not sure Lana would make that mistake as director, since it was a deliberate choice she and her sister made in the first movie.

Yeah, the green tint of the "real Matrix" vs. the blue tint of the real world are both noticeably absent. Not sure Lana would make that mistake as director, since it was a deliberate choice she and her sister made in the first movie.
    Well, someone did mention that the final scene in Revolutions took place in the Matrix and didn't have that tint. So maybe they'll be continuing on from that. I do hope it's deliberate and not simply an oversight, though. That would be pretty terrible...