Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't think that's true. Pretty sure they were just going to give people a choice, and allow those who wanted to leave to go without a fight.

    None of the scenes looked particularly color-graded. I wonder if that's deliberate, or a mistake.
    Whole trailer, or at least in-Matrix scenes looked very saturated to me.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Whole trailer, or at least in-Matrix scenes looked very saturated to me.
    Yeah, but in the Matrix everything was color graded toward green. Except the final scene with the Oracle and the Architect. The trailer didn’t appear to be.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Whole trailer, or at least in-Matrix scenes looked very saturated to me.
    I mean the green tint that the in-Matrix scenes have in the trilogy. I guess they could have changed it for the trailer so that we couldn't tell which scenes were and which scenes weren't. Or there could be some other explanation.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Sadly Laurence Fishburne was not asked to return, and there was no explanation. Yahya Abdul-Mateen is a good actor tho.
    Wasn't it revealed that Morpheus was either abducted or murdered during the events of The Matrix Online? Or is that non-canon? If so, that may be the reason why he wasn't asked to return, his character no longer exists?
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2021-09-09 at 05:26 PM.

  5. #265
    Excited for it. Hope it's a fun experience.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Wasn't it revealed that Morpheus was either abducted or murdered during the events of The Matrix Online? Or is that non-canon? If so, that may be the reason why he wasn't asked to return, his character is no longer relevant?
    I think the question is what will and won’t be canon right now. There’s a fair bit of outside material that COULD be canon, or Lana could have said fuck all that and done whatever she wanted. Like George Lucas did.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't think that's true. Pretty sure they were just going to give people a choice, and allow those who wanted to leave to go without a fight.

    None of the scenes looked particularly color-graded. I wonder if that's deliberate, or a mistake.
    Yeah, the green tint of the "real Matrix" vs. the blue tint of the real world are both noticeably absent. Not sure Lana would make that mistake as director, since it was a deliberate choice she and her sister made in the first movie.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, the green tint of the "real Matrix" vs. the blue tint of the real world are both noticeably absent. Not sure Lana would make that mistake as director, since it was a deliberate choice she and her sister made in the first movie.
    Well, someone did mention that the final scene in Revolutions took place in the Matrix and didn't have that tint. So maybe they'll be continuing on from that. I do hope it's deliberate and not simply an oversight, though. That would be pretty terrible...

  9. #269
    Just noticed that the release date (12.22.21) is a palindrome. Considering all the mirror effects we've already seen in the trailer, wonder if it's a hint to some of the themes of this movie - I'm now coming around more to Vegas's idea of him being trapped in a "mirror Matrix" created by the machines.

    If you watch the trailer closely, there's a moment where Trinity is at the edge of the screen, and he can see the green code scrolling on her face, as if she's just another piece of constructed code. I don't remember how/if people showed up in his Matrix-debugging-mode, but we know machine programs like the Oracle and Seraph, her bodyguard, appeared as golden lines of code. Fake-Trinity might just be another form of control.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Is Groff the guy at the very end?

    Why would Neo be trapped in any simulation? I feel like the story would have to hinge on Neo not being aware he's in a simulation, which is hard considering his powerlevel at the end of the third movie. Thus I think for him to be not aware, he'd have to have a powerful emotion ruling over him, making him continuously live in a "dream world" like this iteration of the Matrix. Grief seems to make the most sense.

    This trailer also begs the question: what of the peace reached at the end of the trilogy? Is it in jeopardy now? Supposedly they were going to release everyone FROM the Matrix - did they not do that?
    I don't believe that was the deal that was reached. Neo made it so Zion would be free, even Neo has to know there is no way to take in all the people released from the Matrix. From lore, I believe that would be a death sentence for the machines as well. So Neo just stopped the war between Machines and Zion for the most part.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Sadly Laurence Fishburne was not asked to return, and there was no explanation. Yahya Abdul-Mateen is a good actor tho.
    Apparently they're blaming the shitty MMO from like 16 years ago. I remember playing it actually and man, it was bad.

  12. #272
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, but in the Matrix everything was color graded toward green. Except the final scene with the Oracle and the Architect. The trailer didn’t appear to be.
    The Matrix in the trailer looks pretty much the way it does at the end of Revolutions, with vibrant, saturated colors.



    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-09-09 at 08:23 PM.

  13. #273
    There's that great shot of Neo in the elevator with everyone jacked into their phones and considering the time we live in today compared to when the original came out, I think that's an element they could plug into the plot in some way - everyone being constantly connected in and kinda zombies.

  14. #274
    Entertainment industry scared to venture out and do new things. Get stuff like this.

    On the positive I believe there will some good scenes in the movie. (Action, CGI etc) Negative I am not very hyped.

    **Sidenote**

    Makes me think of WoW. When I think of the entertainment industry, video games suffer from this too. I love you WoW. I am happy you finally decided venturing out the past two expansions from TBC recycle. (WoD and Legion) It just sucks that Shadowlands had massive cuts to content...
    Last edited by Kixxenn; 2021-09-09 at 10:01 PM.

  15. #275
    Meh. I'm not sure what I was really expecting but that trailer did absolutely nothing for me

  16. #276
    I wouldn't say I am looking forward to it, but I will probably watch it. I imagine even if the story is meh I can turn my brain off and enjoy the visuals/action scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  17. #277
    But what I dont get and maybe this has already been talked about is: isnt the whole point of the 3rd one is that we are now at peace with the machines and people can leave the matrix freely?

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    But what I dont get and maybe this has already been talked about is: isnt the whole point of the 3rd one is that we are now at peace with the machines and people can leave the matrix freely?
    And something had changed. See the movie in theaters to find out what.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    But what I dont get and maybe this has already been talked about is: isnt the whole point of the 3rd one is that we are now at peace with the machines and people can leave the matrix freely?
    One of the last things said in that movie is something like:
    "How long do you think this peace will last?"
    "As long as it can."

  20. #280
    The Lightbringer Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    3,211
    I expect nothing, so I can't be disappointed (I hope)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •