Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The first movie he transcends his avatar's mortal limits in the matrix. At the end of first movie he was instantly rewriting the matrix code...on a whim.
    You guys keep forgetting that those were little more than avatars...programming code..
    He was still bounded by some limits in the Matrix though. He could never teleport. His limitations seemed to be re-writing electronics within the Matrix, which could be explained by his skill as a hacker amplified.

Part of the premise is that there's still a set of rules, and he can break some of them but not all of them. He doesn't have the power to teleport as seen anywhere in the movies, but he can fly, really fast. In the 2nd movie, he's 500 miles from Trinity/Morpheus/the Keymaker, and he has to fly there - which he can do really quickly - but he can't be there instantaneously. He can't even duplicate himself like Smith does. He's still only one mind, in one body.

And that's an important theme, btw - that he's both God-like, and man-like. An obvious parallel. In the very first movie, he "moves faster than I've ever seen anyone move before" according to Trinity when he goes into bullet time. He ruefully glances at a graze wound and says "Not fast enough." He can stop, by the end of that movie, the motion of bullets. But there's no indication that if he let the bullets continue on their path, that they wouldn't kill him, or that he could turn them into dust when they contact him, etc.

Your arguments need to come from the first movie. Neo jumped into Smith and destroyed him. We wouldn't see much further to see how far he could go in the Matrix but going into what we saw and thought as "outer space" was telling. After all it was nothing more than a glorified illusion. As anything connected with the idea of "distance."

3+ Year Old Account
    The song in that trailer is beautiful omg
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane. And yes, it's a great song.

Keanu has seemingly forgotten how to make an appointment for a haircut.

I'm not having high hopes. They could've stopped making movies after the first one and the story had been better off. The third movie is Michael Bay levels of cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post

That song has been used in a drug context in film for a million times already at least.

Yeah that trailer basically confirms all my fears. This is very much looking to be another soulless cashgrab exploiting recognizable IP. Nothing about it seemed original or particularly interesting.

So my rough guess of plot after seeing the trailer:

Since Trinity died in the original trilogy, he's stuck in the Matrix grieving, possibly meeting Trinity over and over again to relive his love. I imagine the new Morpheus/blue-haired chick will need him for something so they're going to have to get him to "wake up" to the realities of the Matrix.

Don't see much of the pop philosophy angle here, but it might still be there. Seems to be a good action movie from the trailer (unless this is, of course, all the action in the movie, put in the trailer).

As for the hair thing, he's probably not allowed to cut it for Wick reasons.

Architect speech in the 2nd movie. Probably a new iteration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man if there was ever a franchise I couldn't give a shit about it was this overhyped pretentious garbage. And I know I am one of the few who thinks this, I remember when Iw as at school and everyone was talking about this movie so I am aware people love this franchise. But by god I couldn't see in it what others did...

Good for the fans who love it though, hope you get what you want from it...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Couple of thoughts:

1 - "Mom, can we get Morpheus?"
    Mom: "We have Morpheus at home."

2 - This movie needs way more NPH than I think it will actually have.

3 - While it's not confirmed (that he is the Merovingian) the guy at 2:38 in the trailer both looks simultaneously exactly like the Merovingian and nothing at all like him. Lambert Wilson vs Jonathan Groff. IMDB doesn't state the role he is playing, but since the Mero had control over entering and leaving the Matrix, and that's what's being discussed, I'd say it's a good chance.

4 - Last second edit, without an Agent Smith or an actor like Hugo Weavings in the movie, it's going to have a severe up hill battle at being quality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it's basically reboot-not-reebot type of sequel, just like with Force Awakens. Predictable and boring af, but I do like the visuals presented. Quite interesting mix of colors, camera angles and specific FPS. Somehow gives me a less bombastic and more intimate vibe.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-09-09 at 02:51 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Eh, it's basically reboot-not-reebot type of sequel, just like with Force Awakens. Predictable and boring af, but I do like the visuals presented. Quite interesting mix of colors, camera angles. and specific FPS. Somehow gives me a less bombastic and more intimate vibe.
    yeah, it totally have a force awakens feels, as a reboot not reboot.

But im intrigued of how they will pull that out and if will be satisfying to be a continuation.

im watching it because im a matrix fan . case closed.
    so many people here are just sharing why or why not they will watch this or not.
    who cares about that?? posting in here saying u will watch or not doesnt do shit for any one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neoda911 View Post
    so many people here are just sharing why or why not they will watch this or not.
    who cares about that?? posting in here saying u will watch or not doesnt do shit for any one.
    So why did you just say it yourself now?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by neoda911 View Post
    And yet that is exactly what you just did. Pot, meet kettle.

Signature Created by Jassinta

well after watching the trailer, i'm a bit more optimistic. There is a chance for more matrix stories/lore and that's always a good thing imo. I wasn't a fan of how the story went between 2 and 3 but I get what they did just not how I would have went. Hopefully this is good!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Either the trailer is an uninspired bunch of scenes trying remind us of the original, or the movie is. The Force Awakens does sound like a good comparison for now. I'm intrigued, but not excited.

Trailer was interesting, glad it's going to HBO Max, but its definitely plays like a visually upgraded & tweaked first film.

I enjoyed the first movies for entertainment, nothing deeper really, this looks to be entertaining as well so I'll watch it.