Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    But what I dont get and maybe this has already been talked about is: isnt the whole point of the 3rd one is that we are now at peace with the machines and people can leave the matrix freely?
    One of the last things said in that movie is something like:
    "How long do you think this peace will last?"
    "As long as it can."

5+ Year Old Account
    I expect nothing, so I can't be disappointed (I hope)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just watched the trailler on youtube, shit where is agent Smith? where is Hugo Weaving? Huge flop i believe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I've just watched the trailler on youtube, shit where is agent Smith? where is Hugo Weaving? Huge flop i believe.
    He kinda got disintegrated last time we saw him. And do you really want them to repeat first movie even more? And let's note fool ourselves that this movie wont make money. One of the bigger sci-fi franchises is back and Keanu is one of the most liked actors right now.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-09-10 at 10:55 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    He kinda got disintegrated last time we saw him. And do you really want them to repeat first movie even more? And let's note fool ourselves that this movie wont make money. One of the bigger sci-fi franchises is back and Keanu is one of the most liked actors right now.
    Agent Smith was a program, its the most easy to bring back character, they just had to say they had a back up of him, unlike Neo, that actually died. Agent Smith was the only one that matched Neo, and not even Neo was hable to overpower him like he did with anything else.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Sadly Laurence Fishburne was not asked to return, and there was no explanation.
    He kinda fell apart after his daughter decided to become an actress...as a walking fleshlight..n heavy drug user

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    He kinda fell apart after his daughter decided to become an actress...as a walking fleshlight..n heavy drug user
    What does have to do with his career? He was awesome in John Wick recently. And he's in the MCU.

Agent Smith was the only one that matched Neo, and not even Neo was hable to overpower him like he did with anything else.
    Only if you refuse to recall how neo obliterated him at the end of the first movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got half way through the trailer and turned it off. Sent it to a mate and he said the same thing to me as I said to him. "Meh".

The Matrix story ended a long time ago, no-one really asked for 4 and given the previous 2 movies were wank, and the trailer is not interesting at all. It doesn't have the visuals or atmosphere of the original and I've seen a lot of pretty movies since 1999, the enhanced CG doesn't bother me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I heard some theories that the "reality" in the first trilogy was just a second layer of the matrix, that would explain Neo powers even when not plugged, and they are finally awaking for the "true reality".

Don't rly know what to think, but the visual as specials effects are still astonishing and Keanu is looking badass as fuck with his "old man" look, i just hope it does not flop like start wars for trying to do the first movie again.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I heard some theories that the "reality" in the first trilogy was just a second layer of the matrix, that would explain Neo powers even when not plugged, and they are finally awaking for the "true reality".

Don't rly know what to think, but the visual as specials effects are still astonishing and Keanu is looking badass as fuck with his "old man" look, i just hope it does not flop like start wars for trying to do the first movie again.
    Theories? Isn’t that what the explanation was? Zion et al was an additional simulation for those that didn’t accept reality, and it would be purged from time to time with the council being the leftovers from the last purge. I only watched 2/3 once, so perhaps I’ve inserted my own canon where I shouldn’t have.

Agent Smith was a program, its the most easy to bring back character, they just had to say they had a back up of him, unlike Neo, that actually died. Agent Smith was the only one that matched Neo, and not even Neo was hable to overpower him like he did with anything else.
    He was a program that broke free of his programming. Literally his whole last arc was about how the machines who ran the Matrix (IE the other Agents) had no control over him any more.

I suppose they could bring back Hugo Weaving as a blank Agent Smith for the memberberries, but what the fuck would be the point of that?

- - - Updated - - -

Also just read this:

Who's returning?

Reeves and Moss are the topline stars.

Jada Pinkett Smith’s Niobe – who appeared in the sequels but factored heavily in video-game spinoffs – will return alongside Lambert Wilson as The Merovingian and Daniel Bernhardt as the villainous Agent Johnson
    Niobe and Ghost in Enter the Matrix were fucking dope.

Yes but Smith the program went rogue, the machines/architect likely made sure that there were no more Smith programs due to what happened to the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No. It was a real place for people who rejected the matrix to be removed to as another layer of control, but it wasn’t supposed to be a simulation. Some people theorize it was another layer of sim based on Neo’s powers, but that’s just fan theories as of now.
    I agree and I think the connection that Neo had with the machines in what was the real world in the films was an extension of them running on the same programming that ran the Matrix.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the movie does not pick up from where the last movie ended im not much interested, they will have to make something groundbreaking or start with another "chosen one" like he neos before the one in the movie, this would be like one neo of a future
    Well I've heard theories people think Trinity will be "the one" in this movie...and one perhaps crazy theory that agent Smith is somehow "the one"

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Trailer is… meh. Like the last two Matrix movies, it uses very heavy CGI for the fighting scenes, which I wasn’t really a fan of. The 1st movie had more real fighting scenes and I think it looked better. The 2nd and 3rd just went overboard, and it’s looking like this 4th one will do the same.
    The first movie was probably the most CGI-heavy movie in history at the time of its release.

This was an interesting read (it's a slow day...a hazy mayonnaisey kinda day for me)

this is the most prominent scene when thinking about that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-VPKuKvOvc

here Neo asked directly why he can do all that things even when not plugged into the matrix. the oracle gives him a very loosly coupled, unspecific and lousy answer. but it MAY point at that theory, that the „reality“ (zyon, outer world, etc) is a second layer of the matrix. we never got any real explanations for Neos abilities (like „seeing the source“ when he becames blind, stopping machines, etc) in the real world, beyond that talk between him and the oracle.

given the fact, that a machine can not lie and the architect told the full truth, the matrix lacks by an unsolved mathematical term. both parts of that math term are Neo and Agent Smith. Neo just exists, as some „outside of Agents Smith control“ logic, to reboot the Matrix and therefore delete Smith. This can be just done from the „outside“ because Smith controls everything inside, after a while. so, if you are a machine and you have to eliminate that term/problem, you would do exactly that.

that said, 2 thoughts come up:

1)
    if Neos „outside“ is really the reality, how to control Neo and make sure he reboots the matrix ? also if the outside is the real reality, what are Neos abilities then ?

2)
    if Neos „outside“ is not the real reality, but a second layer of the matrix, it solves all questions in point1. but it raises 2 new questions:
    - how you make sure, Smith is not also controling of, or gaining access to, layer2 ?
    - why you need Neo, when you can just reboot Layer1 from Layer2 ?

the second answer is solved, when Neo just IS exactly that mechanic. a program that think it breaks out (from layer1) and reset layer1 from layer2. a layer2 (and Neo as a program), that cant be reached by Smith. but above first question (how make sure Smith cant control Neo or reach Layer2) still exists.

so, i am not sure here. but its somewhat a possibility.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-09-12 at 05:41 PM.

Liked the trailer. I'm curious now

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Trailer is… meh. Like the last two Matrix movies, it uses very heavy CGI for the fighting scenes, which I wasn’t really a fan of. The 1st movie had more real fighting scenes and I think it looked better. The 2nd and 3rd just went overboard, and it’s looking like this 4th one will do the same.
    The only CGI fight in Reloaded is the Burly Brawl. And yes, the cloak physics look off and rubbery, but the movements of the Smiths (real fighters with Hugo Weavings face mapped onto theirs) still holds up. The Mansion fight, no CGI. The intro mini-fight, no CGI. The Seraph introduciton fight, no CGI.

In Revolutions, most of the CGI is in Zion, and it still holds up. The end fight in Revolutions is largely wirework on a CGI backdrop, sure, but the fighting is legit. The club lobby scene in Revolutions - not CGI.

These two 2-hour-plus movies have two egregious uses of CGI - Neo's rubbery cloak in the Burly Brawl, and the sky fighting in the final fight of Revolutions. I'm willing to bet you're thinking of the rubbery cloak when you level absurd accusations like "too much CGI in the fight scenes."