Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes they did cast frosbolt to kite stuff becouse again that stuff was actual threat for you. This isnt case for bfa and wont be case for the future. Making world mobs dangerous would slow down game and we would have army of entilted casuals complaining about it. If you would have frost skills just for flavour they would end up in spell book interface and nobady would use them if not speced. Also i dont see difference between old and new Brain Freeze proc. Only difference here is animation of spell but mechanicly it works

exactly same. It rather looks like psychological issue than actual gameplay issue. Becouse mechanicaly classes play exactly same as they did befor.

Spells out of your spec were spells you never used or currently there is no use for them. Blizzard will proably bring back some class spells like shattered throw for warrior or windfury totem for shamans but thats about it.
    I wouldn't take it out of the realm of possibility that they'll scale future content to be more naturally difficult, intentionally or otherwise. I don't really see any logic behind totally dismissing that, terms like "entitled casuals" are just fancy handwaving to avoid addressing the possibility.
    I can easily imagine an expansion where mobs are much less numerous but more individually difficult, with quests and WQs changed to match. A big complaint with many zones recently is the sheer density of mobs. Mages still to this day can't really just facetank mobs effortlessly until geared, so even in the modern game an on-demand slow for every spec would be pretty useful, even if situationally.

Also I'm not sure if you get my point with Brain Freeze. I'm saying there was a mechanic in the past where frost used fireball, a spell that would normally be considered "useless". My point in bringing it up was that while yes they eventually changed Brain Freeze to use Flurry instead, it was originally designed to use a spell from another school.

Additionally spells from other schools were never unused. There are a ton of examples of that including demonology having almost no offensive spells and enhancement and elemental shamans sharing many spells between each other, the previously mentioned Brain Freeze, charge for warriors, etc. Mages with filler spells are one thing but most classes never worked in the way you seem to be implying they worked. Most classes used a huge variety of spells from a ton of specs, which were simply replaced visually by new versions for each spec. There was never a situation in WoW where a huge part of your spellbook was never used at all, ever, in any situation, and in fact they made an effort in the past to make sure those niche spells like Lightning Bolt for enhancement had a talent that allowed it to be instant on a stacking proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post

There is also another thing. Back in vannila as fire mage you also caste frostbolt becouse you wanted things to slow down becouse world was far more dangerous. There is no point bringing back frost bolt to all specs becouse in current game there is 0 situationa where you can utilizied slow. We just aoe pull 20 mobs and zerg in 3 seconds.
    Maybe that is also a problem, content is way to easy.

And I thought ppl were whining when they felt they lost power around level 115, and that everything took far more time to kill. And you took far more dmg as well.

Peeps whine about anything, next they want is an auto-play option.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    True for a lot of ppl. But also true for a lot of ppl in this thread for the "whine for anything". Class and specs were never more complicated to play perfectly than today. Sure, they could have a bit more flavor, and a lot of them could have more utility, but still.

auto-play existed for quite some time now, its called botting.

while you make fun out of autoplay mobile games their creators are swimming in money from kids all around world (and mainly in china) buying microtransactions and enjoying them .

so who is the wrong one here ?

wont lie - even i have 1 that is my guilty mobile pleasure while im at work :P

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that is also a problem, content is way to easy.
    content was always easy

just look at all noobs who never played in vanilla and now are surprised that "oh gosh classic is not like dark souls combined with sekiro- we were told it was harder "
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-06-25 at 10:06 AM.

Auto- chess is on the rise in popularity. Tbh, could be very relaxing to watch your character fight, farm and progress.
    We are often struck down easily. However no matter how often beaten, we can't forget the joy we felt during the dispute. The pleasure of stretching our willpower. The pleasure of trying out our own strength. The pleasure of seeing a manifestation of real comradely emotions among friends. The pleasure of seeing the world clearly split into camps of foes and friends. The pleasure of seeing an improvement in our own personality. by Sakae Osugi

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yuk. seems like playing a piano not a computer game.

discusting design.

unless they would slow down game 4x like FF to cope with this design.
    the game is already slow enough for most classes. needs something to liven it up a bit