Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    As much as People like to claim no classes have much of a skill anymore, the sheer fact that there is a large difference between DPS for the highest Percentile when in comparative Ilvl says otherwise.
    There are so many factors that go into someone's dps besides skill, especially in single target fights. In multi target fights multidotters can show some skill by proper dot management. Though that skill has existed in every expansion. In ST fights you're just sticking to a rotation for the whole fight while doing the mechanics. Your dps is most influenced by the group's avg ilvl and performance. If everyone has high ilvl and knows their rotation and the mechanics of the fight, everyone's dps will skyrocket above those with a higher ilvl and performance than their group's average.

There's also the RNG of mechanics. Two MM hunters with the same ilvl & performance fight mekka. Over the course of the fight one gets two bombs and the other only gets one. The hunter who got one bomb has an advantage in dps over the hunter who got two. Same situation can be made with any mechanic that requires you to move, especially if you're a caster since blizzard remove almost all ways to cast while moving.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2019-07-08 at 03:46 PM.

There are specs that require more skill than others, but idk if I'd call them all that rewarding.

Subtlety Rogue used to be tremendously rewarding and skillful....

....before they turned it into a pruned joke
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Is there a spec i dont know about out there that fits this criteria?

I only know of 1 spec, which is Nightelf Havoc Demon Hunter

You can make an entire youtube video alone with Shadowmeld immunity on Greater Pyros and Chaos Bolts
    Another video using Blade Dance immunity on kidney shots and Monk Stuns
    Rain From Above immunity against warrior stun on reaction
    Metamorphosis immunity frames on Death Coils, Greater Pytos and Chaos Bolts
    Pre-emptive use of Darkness or Blur right before a stun
    Fel Rush behind a target when he is about to finish a cast

Its impossible for me to go back after playing Nighelf DH PvP...what am i going to do? Go back to playing Rogue? No thanks...
    Resto Shaman. The sweet balance between healing people at the right time, keeping flame shocks up and using your lava burst procs wisely, purging, being the only healer with an interrupt, hexing, clutch grounding totems that make you hard in the pants, saving people with perfect positioning of spirit link totem. There's just so many clutch moves possible with this spec, it's really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Resto Shaman. The sweet balance between healing people at the right time, keeping flame shocks up and using your lava burst procs wisely, purging, being the only healer with an interrupt, hexing, clutch grounding totems that make you hard in the pants, saving people with perfect positioning of spirit link totem. There's just so many clutch moves possible with this spec, it's really fun.
    WoW, so many things.
    Sounds fun

WoW, so many things.
    Sounds fun
    So many things? When did you start playing WoW? Because this is a pruned brainless version of shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bolsheviks were amazing too.
    There is nothing fascist about antifa, you do not know the meaning of the word.
    100 milion dead people, so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    All of them are. Their limitations make them weak or strong compared to other class. Which is true for each class individually.
    I have little experience with other classes.
    But the experience i had while playing Outlaw rogue and Monk was the most boring thing on the planet.
    There is little thing i can do apart from DPS'ing my enemies down.

The things i said can be done on Demon Hunter are extremely fun and rewarding...i fail to see how Outlaw rogue or Monk can do the same type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    So many things? When did you start playing WoW? Because this is a pruned brainless version of shaman.
    Really? When Resto shaman was not "pruned and brainless"?

Maybe during TBC and WotLK when 90% of their healing was chain heal and all their totems were " fire at the start of fight and forget"?

Well, why don't you play Demon Hunter? I am sorry if I don't follow the whole thread, you might explain that already. Outlaw rogue and Monk don't have to do the same thing, that is why Demon Hunter can. Some people will roll Outlaw rogue because they identify in some way with class fantasy. They might as well be a real life shady dealers.
    Just trying to figure out if there is an awesome spec out there as good as demon hunter for this type of things.
    Just to know the situation of the current game.

All specs should have "mechanics" that promote "outplays" and "counters"...imo

It's usually, the class outplays other class. Do you prefer melee or range?
    I dont see it that way...
    But could be because i dont have more game knowledge.

I see WoW "PvP" almost as a Turn Based RPG...like Pokemon
    You do this
    I do that
    You use defensive...i run away
    You use big cooldons...i use defensive cooldowns

Its really boring for most classes...if we see wow as a "fighting game" (which i do, i only play for the PvP)

I prefer melee.

MoP Demo WL.

If you want rewarding and interesting classes you should look for private servers.

Oh thank you for the tips @OneWay. Arms warrior seems fun

Oh gos i just found this thread.

Havoc DH hard? Is it troll post or just joke? This is without questions the easiest class to play, you don't even need tot hink to play it. Difference between best and worst DH is much much lower than sam difference but as different class.

It's beed told since class release that DH need higher skill requirement because with amout of buttons DH use and skills they have, how it works this class i simply too easy to play and too easy to master.

Sub rogue was/is and will always be king of rewarding gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Really? When Resto shaman was not "pruned and brainless"?

Maybe during TBC and WotLK when 90% of their healing was chain heal and all their totems were " fire at the start of fight and forget"?
    Either you don't remember WotLK or you sucked back then. Next time at least watch a WotLK video. " fire at the start of fight and forget"? LOL what is cleansing totem, tremor totem, grounding totem, healing totems, mana totem, buff totems etc etc?

- - - Updated - - -

I dont see it that way...
    But could be because i dont have more game knowledge.

I see WoW "PvP" almost as a Turn Based RPG...like Pokemon
    You do this
    I do that
    You use defensive...i run away
    You use big cooldons...i use defensive cooldowns

Its really boring for most classes...if we see wow as a "fighting game" (which i do, i only play for the PvP)

I prefer melee.
    Yeah you perfectly described modern WoW PVP. Pruning completely ruined it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    Either you don't remember WotLK or you sucked back then. Next time at least watch a WotLK video. " fire at the start of fight and forget"? LOL what is cleansing totem, tremor totem, grounding totem, healing totems, mana totem, buff totems etc etc?
    Lol nice examples man.

Cleansing totem was literally "put down at the start of fight that had debuffs it could dispel'.

Tremor was literally " put down at the start of fight that had fear mechanic". Now it's a cooldown and it only lasts couple of seconds, so it literally takes more skill to use it, because you have to actually time it.

Same goes for grounding, now it has cd and only lasts few seconds, so you have to anticipate vital casts from enemy, instead of just using it whenever enemy destroys it (whicj again takes a lot more skill).

Buff totems lasted 5 min and literally had 0 brains requirement. Mana tide totem is gone, but it's not like it required any skill, unless you consider "use this spell when you are going oom' somewhat challenging, lol.

Healing stream takes more skill now, as it's reactive cd, unlike wotlk, where it lasted 1 min and " skill " involved meant to recast it every minute.

Healing Tide was about the same as now.

Capacitor totem didnt exist.

Ascendance didnt exist.

Spirit Link didn't exist.

Healing rain didn't exist.

Your dps was meaningless, so no there was no point using LB (unlike now, where getting damage out as resto matters in both pvp and m+)

. Lava burst for resto didnt exist. Chain lighting didn't exist either.

Riptide mechanic was literally - put it on tank, and then spam the tank with chain heal, as riptide hot empowered chain heal (now it gives you some control over chain heal jumps, which rewards thinking).

Earth Shield didnt last as short as it does now, in fact it was fire and forget spell (put it on tank at the start of fight and forget about it) unless in pvp and vs purge/dispel team where it was "whack a buff game" - whenever it was dispelled, you had to recast it.

You had water shield, which required some decision making in pvp (mana regen or heal from ES) and that is gone now. It was fire and forget in pve though. Same as earthliving - fire and forget.

There is probably more but I think I made a point. Resto shaman takes more skill now than ever before, and for sure way more than in WotLK. It also has way more buttons and spells to use actively now. Get out with your "pruning" bs, because it's just some nostalgia whining at this point and nothing more.
    Last edited by melzas; 2019-07-14 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Oh gos i just found this thread.

Havoc DH hard?
    Im gonna stop you right there.
    Who said DH was hard? Did you read the OP? Did you read the things a DH can do?

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Lol nice examples man.

Cleansing totem was literally "put down at the start of fight that had debuffs it could dispel'.

Tremor was literally " put down at the start of fight that had fear mechanic". Now it's a cooldown and it only lasts couple of seconds, so it literally takes more skill to use it, because you have to actually time it.

Same goes for grounding, now it has cd and only lasts few seconds, so you have to anticipate vital casts from enemy, instead of just using it whenever enemy destroys it (whicj again takes a lot more skill).

Buff totems lasted 5 min and literally had 0 brains requirement. Mana tide totem is gone, but it's not like it required any skill, unless you consider "use this spell when you are going oom' somewhat challenging, lol.

Healing stream takes more skill now, as it's reactive cd, unlike wotlk, where it lasted 1 min and " skill " involved meant to recast it every minute.

Healing Tide was about the same as now.

Capacitor totem didnt exist.

Ascendance didnt exist.

Spirit Link didn't exist.

Healing rain didn't exist.

Your dps was meaningless, so no there was no point using LB (unlike now, where getting damage out as resto matters in both pvp and m+)

. Lava burst for resto didnt exist. Chain lighting didn't exist either.

Riptide mechanic was literally - put it on tank, and then spam the tank with chain heal, as riptide hot empowered chain heal (now it gives you some control over chain heal jumps, which rewards thinking).

Earth Shield didnt last as short as it does now, in fact it was fire and forget spell (put it on tank at the start of fight and forget about it) unless in pvp and vs purge/dispel team where it was "whack a buff game" - whenever it was dispelled, you had to recast it.

You had water shield, which required some decision making in pvp (mana regen or heal from ES) and that is gone now. It was fire and forget in pve though. Same as earthliving - fire and forget.

There is probably more but I think I made a point. Resto shaman takes more skill now than ever before, and for sure way more than in WotLK. It also has way more buttons and spells to use actively now. Get out with your "pruning" bs, because it's just some nostalgia whining at this point and nothing more.
    LOL PVE player talking about class design. Go play some PVP and you'll realize how braindead the classes are now. BTW nice nostalgia argument, it's not like I'm playing on WotLK PVP server right now.

EDIT: I just read your whole post and it is pretty clear you know shit about WotLK. Chain lightning and lava burst were baseline for shamans. You know, before the pruning classes had huge toolkits available at all times, not locked behind spec/talents/PVP talents. And more buttons? I've just counted number of active spells for shaman on WotLK. The number is 55. Can you count it on BFA for me please?
    Last edited by Gardoc; 2019-07-15 at 09:17 AM.

Im going to be honest with you...all i want is "WOW" factor on a possible PvP video.
    Stuff that is entertaining to watch.
    Showcase of skill montage or something like that.

For example today, i recorded me in a 2v1, while i was fighting one guy...i used Meta Leap immunity frames on a Chaos Bolt.
    It did zero damage.

Then i used Eye of Leotheras on a fire mage and used Rain From Above.
    He decided to cast a Greater Pyro.
    Once i reached the ground i used my immunity frames in Shadowmeld to avoid all the damage of the incoming Pyro already going in my direction.

Stuff like this.
    Stuff that is entertaining to watch
    I think this is why RBG is a more fun bracket than arena. Playing around setting up kills and avoiding damage gets tiring. In RBGs you have the addition of objectives, such as getting a base vs. 3 other players opens the possibility for big plays either by single players or team play. I have some plays you might like to watch where a single player is insanely impactful to an entire game (not by my self). Not saying one thing requires more skill than the other. Just to me what is more entertaining.

I feel bad for people who still believe you can feel rewarded for your efforts in this game.

The days of being able to actually outplay someone are long gone, creative thinking and clever usage of abilities or items are no longer a part of this game.

All tools deemed unnecessary for basic-level gameplay were removed and all classes share the same concepts of cds, the only way to pvp left is on the road they've paved for you, anyone who has pvp'd properly in this game for longer than 3 expansions will understand what I'm talking about.