Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gnolls would make a fantastic AR for Worgen

Mean, ferocious and always in your face. Good race!

Alliance doesn't like them much.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Gnolls for Alliance and Quilboars for Horde! Two truly derpy races for each faction.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

How about a walking Mastiff race for Worgen? They could be hit by a curse too, the other way, from beast to man!

You won't see many people campaigning for Gnoll, with their current derpy look and art style. They are in deep need of an improved model.

Lorewise it makes sense though. The Alliance and Gnolls are antagonistic to each other. During the Gnoll Wars when they united, they almost took Stormwind. They like spikes, have shamans and have mastered steel use. And among the beast races, they are the relatively non-racist, often working with other races.

No thanks. If we are going for a race that makes no sense lore wise to join alliance, and just apply rule of cool, then I'd rather have Saberon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, would be more for a 3rd faction thing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Crash Bandicoot.
    Or maybe the Tasmanian Devil.

10+ Year Old Account
    So long as we eventually get furbolgs as a pandaren AR, sure, why not. And gnolls siding with the Horde would give the Horde some valuable meat shields cannon fodder 'local experts' on the terrain in human territory, especially Redridge, Westfall, and Elwynn.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I would play the hell outta a gnoll. But my passion is really for murlocs.

No.

/thread

PS: They look terrible, and there are much better options out there (like Saberon)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Let’s just fill both sides with pointless allied races, because why not?

God I hate this system so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Mean, ferocious and always in your face. Good race!

I would prefer Uninfected Gilneans as an allied race, before I ever saw Gnolls. Beside the fact the Alliance would probably never take them in, I'd think it would have been kinda cool to have "humans" with Cockney accents. But to each their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about literally anything at this point.
    This is one can of worms I knew would be opened with a concept like allied races.

EDIT: Also your sig creeps me out

YESSS!!!

I made a thread on this before over here - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lliance-please!

Apart from the fact they're "beasts", Gnoll really don't fit with any traditional Horde lore or races. They're basically savages and what the Horde is trying not to be.

So for the Alliance to use them they'd be FAR more interesting, and.... dare i say it... "morally grey".

Reasons for them to be Alliance -
    • They're commonplace all over EK and more closely tied to the Alliance experience.
    • They work and trade with humans a lot. Along with Goblins and Ogres they regularly work with non-alliance factions even in Vanilla.
    • The clans are all fighting eachother and would take any chance to become the top clan.
    • You can't beat the Gnoll. Alliance have been trying for ages but they just keep coming back in more numbers..

So with that in mind, the Alliance should try as an experiment to control them more. They chose the leader of one clan (Hogger JR? lol) and then help him beat each of the other Gnoll clans to reign over them all... in exchange for some help. This would give a good paralel to US and UK IRL arming and supporting pretty brutal factions to ty and get what they want.

Obviously, having such a savage race be at odds with the Alliance. People would be worried they couldn't trust them, but the same can be said for DID and VE. But could they be a nessacery weapon?

After all, it would also give something to the Alliance that's even more morally dubious. An entirely disposable army. I feel the Goblins are a little that on the Horde side. Gnolls would be the first line of agression and use sheer numbers to attack an opposing force.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Let’s just fill both sides with pointless allied races, because why not?

God I hate this system so much.
    God forbid people have fun playing new races.

Everyone knows what a super serious game this has always been.

OT: No thanks. There's much better options.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

why does ever race need and ar version its just silly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    But my passion is really for murlocs.
    Preach on brother, preach on.

Nah less furries and more elves the game needs at least 7 flavors of elf on each faction!

Quote Originally Posted by razz0r View Post
    nah less furries and more elves the game needs at least 7 flavors of elf on each faction!
    v
    v
    v

Quote Originally Posted by dead moose fandango View Post
    no more eeeelves!
    No more eeeelves!